#391 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,237 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:20 PM

well for starters, none of the gospels agree on jesus' birth date and/or place of birth, therefore making both unknown. outside of the bible, there is zero historical evidence of his existance.

much too late to get into the audience of each gospel and the focal point of each account.
You have to look behind the scenes for each book.
But here is the deal. For many on here, it comes down to believing. If the bible is as inaccurate and uninspired as you think, not much can be said to you.
On a little deeper level, the very reason behind faith would be involved with the very lack of evidence.
Think about it. Tomorrow if they uncovered some artifacts or ancient texts that confirm something then there is a major paradigm shift.

But this is my official last post on this topic. There has been some progress made on this subject but for the most part, not worth the typing.
By no means am I conceding anything but the counter productivity is not what I'm about and in due time, if people want to talk etc, they know where to find me.

#392 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,512 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:42 PM

much too late to get into the audience of each gospel and the focal point of each account.
You have to look behind the scenes for each book.
But here is the deal. For many on here, it comes down to believing. If the bible is as inaccurate and uninspired as you think, not much can be said to you.
On a little deeper level, the very reason behind faith would be involved with the very lack of evidence.
Think about it. Tomorrow if they uncovered some artifacts or ancient texts that confirm something then there is a major paradigm shift.

But this is my official last post on this topic. There has been some progress made on this subject but for the most part, not worth the typing.
By no means am I conceding anything but the counter productivity is not what I'm about and in due time, if people want to talk etc, they know where to find me.

agreed and understood...this is why you'll rarely catch me involved in religious discussion.

however, every now and again i like to stir the pot a bit...as you can see :D

#393 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:50 PM

agreed and understood...this is why you'll rarely catch me involved in religious discussion.

however, every now and again i like to stir the pot a bit...as you can see :D

I feel about the same. It also gets REALLY old.

#394 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,389 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 06:12 PM

Posted Image

#395 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,512 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 06 March 2010 - 06:22 PM

hahahahaha

#396 Starscream

Starscream

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • LocationLaurinburg, NC

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:37 PM

The Bible was, in may parts, written and/or translated by some @sshat a few hundred years ago in hopes of controlling his people through Christianity.

Elaborate on this statement a bit more, Chucktown. I'm a bit unsure of what people/time period you are referring to.:confused:

#397 Starscream

Starscream

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • LocationLaurinburg, NC

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:41 PM

besides linear time being measured?
Just prove he didn't exist. I have less to prove on this subject than you.

I'm not saying he didn't exist (and I'm gonna play Devil's advocate here), but there are zero historical documents other than religious writings proving that he existed. Roman gov't didn't keep detailed records of all of their criminals and trials back then (Jesus was tried in front of Pilate).

#398 Zorion

Zorion

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:29 AM

The wages of Sin is death.

How many of those who died were sinless?

#399 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:32 AM

besides linear time being measured?
Just prove he didn't exist. I have less to prove on this subject than you.

I will as soon as you prove to me Santa Claus does not exist.

Or how about this, I just thought up a weird marshmallow eating dinosaur like creature that lives right now in the backwoods of Belmont, NC.

Now prove to me it doesn't exist.

You can't prove a negative. Burden of proof belongs to the one making the claim of a positive existence.

#400 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:33 AM

The wages of Sin is death.

How many of those who died were sinless?

Sin is a man made idea fabricated to control people. Does it really matter who has sinned?

#401 Zorion

Zorion

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:33 AM

http://livingword.fr...a.com/jesus.htm

DESCRIPTION OF JESUS (Yeshua)
by Publius Lentulus, Governor of Judea, addressed to Tiberius Caesar, Emperor of Rome
Found in an excavated city, written in Aramaic on stone . . .

THE LETTER FROM PONTIUS PILATE TO TIBERIUS CAESAR
This is a reprinting of a letter from Pontius Pilate to Tiberius Caesar describing the physical appearance of Jesus.
Copies are in the Congressional Library in Washington, D.C

"THE ARCHKO VOLUME"
Another description of Jesus is found in "The Archko Volume" which contains official court documents from the days of Jesus. This information substantiates that He came from racial lines which had blue eyes and golden hair. In a chapter entitled "Gamaliel's Interview" it states concerning Jesus (Yeshua) appearance:

JOSEPHUS, THE "ANTIQUITIES OF THE JEWS"
This is a quote from Josephus, from his historical first-century writings entitled, "Antiquities Of The Jews," Book #18, Chapter 2, section 3.

#402 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:36 AM

Sure there was Jesus. Actually, there were lots of Jesus. It was a fairly common name at the time. There were also dozens of saviors. All claiming to the messiah.

#403 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,065 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:57 AM

http://livingword.fr...a.com/jesus.htm

DESCRIPTION OF JESUS (Yeshua)
by Publius Lentulus, Governor of Judea, addressed to Tiberius Caesar, Emperor of Rome
Found in an excavated city, written in Aramaic on stone . . .

THE LETTER FROM PONTIUS PILATE TO TIBERIUS CAESAR
This is a reprinting of a letter from Pontius Pilate to Tiberius Caesar describing the physical appearance of Jesus.
Copies are in the Congressional Library in Washington, D.C

"THE ARCHKO VOLUME"
Another description of Jesus is found in "The Archko Volume" which contains official court documents from the days of Jesus. This information substantiates that He came from racial lines which had blue eyes and golden hair. In a chapter entitled "Gamaliel's Interview" it states concerning Jesus (Yeshua) appearance:

JOSEPHUS, THE "ANTIQUITIES OF THE JEWS"
This is a quote from Josephus, from his historical first-century writings entitled, "Antiquities Of The Jews," Book #18, Chapter 2, section 3.

Read up on Early Christianities. There are many pseudepigrapha writings. Some of them even made it into the Bible. Also I recommend not just reading from sources of one bias but sources from all sides.

http://www.statemast.../Pontius-Pilate

There is a pseudepigrapha letter reporting on the crucifixion, purporting to have been sent by Pontius Pilate to the Emperor Claudius, embodied in the pseudepigrapha known as the Acts of Peter and Paul, of which the Catholic Encyclopedia states, "This composition is clearly apocryphal though unexpectedly brief and restrained." There is no internal relation between this feigned letter and the 4th-century Acts of Pilate (Acta Pilati).

Textual critics agree that Josephus' writings were altered to included writings about Jesus. I can post more info if you want it.

All that being said I tend to believe Jesus did exist just not the version we are sold today.

#404 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,237 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:29 AM

The lesson I got to do yesterday sums up this thread. Supersize or Simplified Christianity.
Thanks for the matierial gang.

#405 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,065 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:03 AM

Supersize...I hate that catch phrase. Can't wait for it to go away!

pstall...what are you talking about?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.