Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who did you cheer for before 1995?

101 posts in this topic

Posted

Buffalo Bills

Lived in Toronto, went to Bills games as a kid w/ my Uncle who lived in Buffalo and had season tickets.

Posted

Steelers. The first game I ever watched was when the Steelers beat the Cowboys the second time (back in the 70s). Before the game started, I decided that who ever won would be my favorite and I would hate the loser forever.

Then, in 1993, it was announce that Charlotte would get an expansion team. I've been a Panther fan ever since. I still have the original team hat -- bought it the first day it went on sale.

Posted

The Cowboys. My Dad has always been a huge Cowboys fan. He went to high school in Ohio with Roger Staubach. So I was born into it. I grew up in Virginia Beach and I always wished I had a home team to root for. When the Panthers came into the league I decided they were close enough. Eventually I was able to move to Charlotte.

Posted

Green Bay Packers...... Then I switched To the Panthers I was so distraught after the Pack beat MY Panthers in 1996 Play offs

Posted

The redskins were on TV done here alot so they became "our" team. So that's who I pulled for.

Posted

Greenbay..but I didnt even understand football at the time, you know how kids are the most popular team gets the vote.

Posted

I was a Cowboy fan until Jerry Jones fired Tom Landry. The disrespect that was shown the legendary coach turned me off to Jerry Jones version of Cowboys. I then went a few seasons without a "favorite" team until the Panthers started playing.

Posted

L.A. Rams, Pat Hadden, Jack and Jim Youngblood, Eric Dickerson and them 70's and 80's Cheer Leaders!

Posted

My dad was and still is a Redskins fan, so I pulled for them when I was younger... mainly because that's all he could watch growing up... I've tried to convert him.

Posted

SF 49ers

Posted

SF 49ers

Me too! I knew there was a reason I liked you!! :)

Posted

Cowboys, My granny is a huge cowboys fan.