Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who did you cheer for before 1995?

101 posts in this topic

Posted

Me too! I knew there was a reason I liked you!! :)
:thumbsup:

Posted

I was a Redskins fan from the days of George Allen. Leaned to hate the Cowboys, and I still think Joe Gibbs was the best coach in the last 30 years. But once Carolina got a team, it was all Panthers. I don't even pay much attention to the Skins anymore.

Posted

49ers and the Falcons, I'm sad to say.

Posted

The Vikings, my sister lived in Minnesota. They were fun to watch with Cunningham at QB and that high powered offense they had. Good to see they are still choking and breaking hearts after all these years though.

Posted

No one... I was 6 when the Panthers played their first season... And still have a few vague memories from that season.

Posted

Newcastle United....but there again I wasn't in the country before 1995 ;)

Posted

I was only 6, so I didn't even begin to watch football yet until I was in middle school. However, at that time I was an avid Chicago Bull and Michael Jordan fan. I still have my old white, black, and red MJ jerseys from back in the day.

Posted

I was a Buffalo Bills fan for 23 yrs. Switched my allegiance as soon as the expansion teams were announced. I was tickled to death that a new team was going to be one state away. Not very often you get a chance to be part of something from day one. Love it. :thumbsup:

Posted

Bengals and underdogs. My parents moved to Mason (near Cincinnati) in '85 and my dad took me to a few Bengals games. I was 7 when the Bengals went to the Superbowl in '88. I got really interested in football but in '90 we moved to Concord (near Charlotte) so I had to watch whatever teams were on. Since I couldn't watch the Bengals and we didn't have a team here I took on my dad's method of pulling for whoever was the underdog, and hating the Cowboys. I didn't have to wait long before talk of Charlotte getting a team came about.

Posted

I was a Redskins fan til Dan Snyder bought the team.

Posted

detroit red wings....

Posted

New York Giants... My mum and dad gave me a Giants shirt for christmas in 1985. I remember it had Simms on it!!! New York is too popular for me though!!!