Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

panthersphan

Who did you cheer for before 1995?

98 posts in this topic

I used to just root for the closest team geographically.

Buffalo Bills

Lived in Toronto, went to Bills games as a kid w/ my Uncle who lived in Buffalo and had season tickets.

Wow same here! Still follow what they do but the Panthers are my #1 team. Poor Buffalo won't ever improve till Ralph Wilson no longer owns that team.

I was about 8 or 9 when the Panthers came into town. I had a Panthers hat back in Dec of '93 (as a christmas gift) before I truly even knew what football was all about. So to summarize - I basically grew up with the Panthers. I've never known any such allegiance to any other NFL team except for my beloved Panthers. Infact, the Panthers are what got me into it, because I was siked about having a prime time team in our home state.

i cheered for oilers before panthers almost became a lions/jaguras fan.

I cheered for the Cleveland Browns, only because both of my parents were from Ohio... that was until god graced us with the Panthers in 1994.... Been a Panthers fan ever since...

believe it or not ..it was the Minnesota Vikings..i liked the colors.

For me, it varied. I pulled for the Redskins for a while, I pulled for the 49ers for a while as well when Montana and Young were QBs there. My dad is a big Joe Montana fan, so that helped the fortyniner's cause.

My dad was also a Colts fan from the Unitas days (I nearly got named after Unitas, my dad was in Fort Dix at the time or it woulda happened). So, I pulled for the Colts too, but it was *really* hard to admit that publicly in the 80s.

I started with the Seahawks, Dave Krieg & Curt Warner. I vaguely remember a blue 28 jersey. Then I was whacky over Bo Jackson, had matching Bo & Marcus posters over my bed when I was about 12 or 13. I casually followed the Raiders until we got the team in 93, been Panthers thru and thru ever since.

I'm a native of NC so I grew up a Deadskins fan (the only game on TV back then). Loved to watch the carnage when Riggins went up the middle. I've been a Panthers season ticket holder from day one. I still hate the Cowbabys.

Seahawks

When we finally started to get half pie decent coverage of the NFL here I decided I'd better get me a team to follow. The game that week was Seahawks/Chiefs and from memory the Seahawks hadn't won yet that season. So the Seahawks it was

Only saw one other Colt fan on this thread! jkj (junior member) I am old school and to this day it is very hard to pull for the Indy Colts! The only time I pulled for them is when they play NE.

Johnny U., Berry, etc. Go old Colts. That is why it is easy to pull for the Ravens as the city of Baltimore really deserves to have a good team!

But now....if it is not the ASU Mountaineers, it is the Panthers!