100 replies to this topic

#31 PanthersPhan18

PanthersPhan18

(0Y0)

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:43 AM

Noone. I started following football at the age of 11. The Panthers were my team in 1996, (the year I started following football) and always will be.

#32 Debil

Debil

Stop the insanity

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:44 AM

Damn... I'm ashamed to even say it now, but Atlanta Falcons. I cheered for them since they started up as an expansion team in the late 60's.

Now, I think I hate them the most of any team.

#33 JefDav84

JefDav84

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:45 AM

My uncle was a huge redskins fan in maryland, and when he would visit in West Virginia, and he would come in, he would always talk redskins, and we would watch a game if it was football season. Thats how i got to like em. As soon as the panthers were announced i was in 3rd grade, and then 5th grade when they started their first yr. Have loved the panthers ever since.

#34 falconlynx

falconlynx

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:47 AM

Nobody.

I was 8 in 95 for the panthers first season. Before then, I had no idea what football was (to my mother's satisfaction).

My dad and his friends got me watching the Panthers games with them and I was hooked. I was playing pee-wee football the next season. I loved playing the best sport on earth.

Two years later I would tear my ACL (way too young for an ACL tear - 10 years old) and my playing days were done...haha. Although I could no longer play tackle football (I still played flag/touch using a brace and I had surgery when I was 18 so I am fine now), I still loved watching the Panthers and Tarheel Football.

#35 DevilCat

DevilCat

Two States One Team

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:57 AM

CHARLOTTE HORNETS WFL! .....www.charlottehornetswfl.com

Yes I'm a TRUE North Carolinian....and very old too, damn it;)

#36 PowerlessDan

PowerlessDan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:04 PM

Niners. Always was a Montana and Rice fan.

#37 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:06 PM

Panthers were my first team being im only 17, and i didn't start watching football till about 2000 and the Panthers were established by then. I picked them because I could watch them down there on TV and that was my home. Ive been die hard ever sense.

#38 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:08 PM

Nobody.

I was 8 in 95 for the panthers first season. Before then, I had no idea what football was (to my mother's satisfaction).

My dad and his friends got me watching the Panthers games with them and I was hooked. I was playing pee-wee football the next season. I loved playing the best sport on earth.

Two years later I would tear my ACL (way too young for an ACL tear - 10 years old) and my playing days were done...haha. Although I could no longer play tackle football (I still played flag/touch using a brace and I had surgery when I was 18 so I am fine now), I still loved watching the Panthers and Tarheel Football.

Eeeeek...ACL tear at 10, wow I cant imagine. Even after surgery I dont think its really the same. Did they make you wait till you were 18 to have it surgically repaired?

#39 SteveSmith23

SteveSmith23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:08 PM

was a bills fan from the get go, living outside of buffalo and my parents being huge bills fans i grew up die hard, steve tasker was my man, now im all about steve smith, made that change when the team was announced. though i do hope its panthers/titans somehow in the superbowl. i just wanna see kerry collins get one more shot in there

#40 Debil

Debil

Stop the insanity

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:09 PM

Wow... a lot of ex-Bills fans here. Damn Yankees.

#41 Badbak

Badbak

Official Huddle Recluse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • LocationRock Hell, SC

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:12 PM

Wow! There are a bunch of "Chaps" on this board! You people make me feel like Father Time! I was a GB fan when Vince Lombardi was there, then a Dallas fan because I liked Tom Landry. I started hating Dallas when J Jones fired Landry like he did.
I stopped watching NFL games after the strike and the "replacement" players (clowns) and didn't watch for several years.
When the Panthers were first organized they were headquartered at Winthrop in RH. I worked at the fire station down the street and ran every morning before work. I got to know several of the players by meeting up while running and running with them. We also would go hang out while they practiced. I never did like Dom Capers, he was a prick! Been a Panther fan since

#42 Debil

Debil

Stop the insanity

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:16 PM

Wow! There are a bunch of "Chaps" on this board! You people make me feel like Father Time! I was a GB fan when Vince Lombardi was there, then a Dallas fan because I liked Tom Landry. I started hating Dallas when J Jones fired Landry like he did.
I stopped watching NFL games after the strike and the "replacement" players (clowns) and didn't watch for several years.
When the Panthers were first organized they were headquartered at Winthrop in RH. I worked at the fire station down the street and ran every morning before work. I got to know several of the players by meeting up while running and running with them. We also would go hang out while they practiced. I never did like Dom Capers, he was a prick! Been a Panther fan since

Yeah... Green Bay in the Lombardi years... nothing like em. Bart Starr and Ray Nitschke (sp)... Donnie Anderson. Seeing GB stopping Dallas on the goal line in that championship game will always be a good memory for me.

#43 PowerlessDan

PowerlessDan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:18 PM

Now I feel young. Thank you guys.

#44 sunbunny

sunbunny

• HUDDLER
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:59 PM

Nobody. I hated football, didn't understand it. My husband was a redskins fan, and it took him until '98 to even get me watch football and then I promptly announced I was a panthers fan. The more he taught me about football, the more a rabid fan I became. Now, I'm the one decorating the house with panthers stuff. :)

#45 flex

flex

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 01:03 PM

Same here. Laurence Mccutcheon, Nolan Cromwell, Deacon Jones, even Vince Ferragamo. ;)

I forgot all about Ferragamo! Kinda Jake like now that I think about him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.