Photo
- - - - -

Who did you cheer for before 1995?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
100 replies to this topic

#91 VGcollector

VGcollector

Huddle General

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:31 PM

i cheered for oilers before panthers almost became a lions/jaguras fan.

#92 APCegr

APCegr

Huddle Engineer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:39 PM

I cheered for the Cleveland Browns, only because both of my parents were from Ohio... that was until god graced us with the Panthers in 1994.... Been a Panthers fan ever since...

#93 PantherDFense

PantherDFense

TRUE BLUE!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:50 PM

believe it or not ..it was the Minnesota Vikings..i liked the colors.

#94 Superadiabatic

Superadiabatic

Resident Weather Geek

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:57 PM

For me, it varied. I pulled for the Redskins for a while, I pulled for the 49ers for a while as well when Montana and Young were QBs there. My dad is a big Joe Montana fan, so that helped the fortyniner's cause.

My dad was also a Colts fan from the Unitas days (I nearly got named after Unitas, my dad was in Fort Dix at the time or it woulda happened). So, I pulled for the Colts too, but it was *really* hard to admit that publicly in the 80s.

#95 cota37

cota37

Head Hunter

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:02 PM

I started with the Seahawks, Dave Krieg & Curt Warner. I vaguely remember a blue 28 jersey. Then I was whacky over Bo Jackson, had matching Bo & Marcus posters over my bed when I was about 12 or 13. I casually followed the Raiders until we got the team in 93, been Panthers thru and thru ever since.

#96 FritztheCat

FritztheCat

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:19 PM

I'm a native of NC so I grew up a Deadskins fan (the only game on TV back then). Loved to watch the carnage when Riggins went up the middle. I've been a Panthers season ticket holder from day one. I still hate the Cowbabys.

#97 Marc Anthony

Marc Anthony

FORUM VET

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:29 PM

I cheered for the Cowboys especially back in the day when they had Tony Dorsett, Ed"Too Tall' Jones, Randy White etc....

#98 Scutty

Scutty

Huddle Kiwi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:29 PM

Seahawks

When we finally started to get half pie decent coverage of the NFL here I decided I'd better get me a team to follow. The game that week was Seahawks/Chiefs and from memory the Seahawks hadn't won yet that season. So the Seahawks it was

#99 asumax81

asumax81

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:12 PM

Only saw one other Colt fan on this thread! jkj (junior member) I am old school and to this day it is very hard to pull for the Indy Colts! The only time I pulled for them is when they play NE.

Johnny U., Berry, etc. Go old Colts. That is why it is easy to pull for the Ravens as the city of Baltimore really deserves to have a good team!

But now....if it is not the ASU Mountaineers, it is the Panthers!

#100 PantherEagle91

PantherEagle91

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:36 PM

I was only a child back then but before the Panthers i was an Eagles fan
(Eagles are my 2nd fav team now)

#101 bubbadawg

bubbadawg

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:49 PM

Steelers fan. Pop had season tix when we lived there, this is before three rivers was built and they played all their games at the Panther bowl on the PITT campus.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com