Photo
- - - - -

How will Peppers be remembered by Panther fans?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#46 WildBill559

WildBill559

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 01:42 PM

I'll remember the freakish plays. I'll remember that Jerry put the spotlight on him and he ran to a dark corner. I probably won't hold it against him that he left, but I won't have any reason to root for him elsewhere.

He was a fun Panther to watch, but nothing makes me want to follow him as a person. It won't be like losing Moose, but who knows, Pep will probably come crawling back too. I'll have a chuckle or two for that memory.

#47 Starscream

Starscream

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • LocationLaurinburg, NC

Posted 02 March 2010 - 05:50 PM

I'll always be a fan of his work unless he signs with Atlanta, Tampa, or New Orleans.

#48 necroplasm

necroplasm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 05:51 PM

Michael Bolton will be more remembered. Michael Bolton rocks

#49 mp1984

mp1984

CarolinaKid

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 05:56 PM

I will say that he was one of the greatest players to play for the Panthers and I understand why he wanted out....who would want to play for the Panthers FO????????

#50 Packersfan

Packersfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:26 PM

I would love to have this guy on the packers. He was awesome with Carolina.

#51 Catweisers

Catweisers

Catweisers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:11 PM

I think he is lower than Kerry Collins!!! Nuff Said

#52 CosmoGirl

CosmoGirl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:59 AM

Ok so how many people out there will like Peppers as a player no matter where he winds up? 10 years from now, will you look back at Pep and appreciate what he did for the franchise, or will you curse his name for leaving us high and dry?

For me, the day his contract expired, is the day I started to root against him.

I started the day last off-season when he didn't want to be here anymore and would only consider 3-4 teams. I wouldn't cheer for him when he came on the field. I would cheer when he made a play because it that reflects on the entire defense/team. I hope he's exposed for his slack-assedness whereever he goes.

I used to really like him playing but that's been missing for awhile.

#53 CosmoGirl

CosmoGirl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:00 AM

i'll remember him as the guy i saw blowing another dude at the scorpios in 2004.

ftfy...

#54 CosmoGirl

CosmoGirl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:04 AM

I'll remember him on a positive note. He gave us some great years. Remember, he's leaving because he doesn't think John Fox can tap his potential. He wants a better ran, coached team than where he's at; he wants all the stuff we want, he just can't say it while he's here. Plus, even if he did come out an say, no one wants to be around a cynical, bigoted person. Peppers is an awesome player and stand up guy.

Most people who are mad are probably overly emotional and extremely immature. Peppers isn't hating on the fans or the team, he didn't play selfishly, and he dominated for us in the 8 years he was here. I don't know what more you want in a person.

No, he isn't. That may have been last year but he's said this year he wants to stay. He has a lousy "agent" who is an idiot - and Peppers isn't that smart himself.

He played half-arsed many games. It shouldn't take Beason to try to motivate you. You're getting a million per game.

Good riddance.

#55 NJPanthers12

NJPanthers12

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:18 AM

I would love to have this guy on the packers. He was awesome with Carolina.

This is an intelligent comment by an intelligent fan base, maybe the most intelligent fan base in the league. The rest of this thread proves why the Panthers are and will continue to be one to bottom 5 fan bases in the league.

#56 Evil Speculator

Evil Speculator

Implied Volatility

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:12 AM

i'll remember him as the guy I saw blowing another dude at the Uptown Cabaret in 2004

seriously you guys should have seen peppers going down on this dude

it was like he was sucking a golf ball through a garden hose

that's what I said. I was like, "dude, that's gay."

he turned to me and said "murfle fumm bloff"

Posted Image

#57 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,633 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:48 AM

Best Panther player ever? I'd still have to give that to Steve Smith.

Most physically talented? Sure, but that's not equal to best player.

For my part, I'll remember him as an ncredible athletic talent that could have been incredible, but instead chose to be satisfied with "good".

#58 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,633 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:53 AM

One other thing worth mentioning...

The first game where Peppers has a highlight film type play will likely lead to pandemonium on here, with loads of people screaming "why didn't we keep him" :(

What needs to be remembered though is that highlight reels generally don't tell the whole story. "Highlight reel scouting" can make anyone look good. You need to see the whole game to get a true perspective.

He'll make big plays, same as he did here. In all likelihood, he'll also disappear for long stretches, same as he did here.

Point being that we should judge the worth of this decision on the whole body of work, not just the highlights we catch on ESPN.

#59 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:19 PM

Traitor, cocksucker (according to Fiz) and a Benedict Arnold....

#60 holycrikey

holycrikey

panthArs!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:14 PM

I'm going to agree with the disgruntled fans. It's not only the fact that he wasn't a leader, that he didn't care about the city... it's the fact that after his worst year the Panthers FO offered to make him the highest paid DE ever and he snubbed them and then demanded out at the next available opportunity. He is a prick, pure and simple. He shat on his home state and couldn't care less. Peace out, Peppers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.