Photo
- - - - -

Panthers vs. Colts superbowl?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#1 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,452 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:57 AM

I call it.

I know, i know, i'm jumping the gun a little. But seriously, that presents an interesting matchup... how do you think we'd fare against them? I'd imagine a game very similar to the one we played against the Broncos... not in the final score so much as matchups and strategies.

#2 ZedLeppelin

ZedLeppelin

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:00 AM

Really going out on a limb there aren't you

#3 CanadianCat

CanadianCat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:00 AM

man this would be my dream match up!! i love watching peyton, but in this game i would prefer just to see him running for his life from pep

#4 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 47,512 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:03 AM

We owe them an ass kicking. Matter of fact we owe everybody an ass kicking. :P

#5 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:03 AM

It would be interesting, but no way Indy makes it to the SB. yeah they have won the last oh what 8/9 games they have played, but im pretty sure they havent blown opponents out the way we have, Cincy doesnt count haha.

Defense would be the key in this game and I dont see them stopping our run game....If they did Smith would make some key plays (as always.)

But if our DT's arent 100% getting pressure in Mannings face would be hard and they could just burn Lucas all day.

#6 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,452 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:08 AM

I can see the colts going all the way. I see them beating the titans as well as the steelers.

Our run game would gash them like nobody's business... 'finesse' doesn't work on double trouble. I think they'd try a denver-esque tactic of stacking the box early to force us to pass, and then smitty would have a hayday. and like the broncs, they'd be pass-happy all day long, and the game would be decided by whether or not our pass D could step up to the plate.

I think we'd win it.

#7 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:30 AM

I call it.

I know, i know, i'm jumping the gun a little. But seriously, that presents an interesting matchup... how do you think we'd fare against them? I'd imagine a game very similar to the one we played against the Broncos... not in the final score so much as matchups and strategies.

Is this something that you and "Chucky" discussed at McDonalds? You're on a roll this morning.

#8 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,452 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:33 AM

Is this something that you and "Chucky" discussed at McDonalds? You're on a roll this morning.

no.

you usually have good posts on here... what's your thought on the possibilities of a colts-panthers SB?

#9 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:46 AM

no.

you usually have good posts on here... what's your thought on the possibilities of a colts-panthers SB?

I don't have any thoughts on it since it is 3 games away. But, if we did by chance play them.....we'd beat'em.

#10 MyDrunkardNC

MyDrunkardNC

Nervous Farter

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:11 PM

I call it.

Agreed. For some reason I've been thinking both the Panthers and Colts would end up in the SB. It does seem unlikely, because the Colts don't have the best playoff track record, other than the SB year of course. But I think this year's team is different. As for the Panthers, I'm a complete homer, so I'm just assuming they'll go all the way. :ihih:

#11 Debil

Debil

Stop the insanity

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:13 PM

Anything is possible. I'd hate to see Peyton against our secondary.

#12 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:18 PM

I think the Chargers beat the Colts tonight so..

#13 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,680 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:23 PM

I think it is way to early for this. We have to beat 2 other teams to get to the Superbowl. One game at a time.

#14 1789Cardiac Cats9020

1789Cardiac Cats9020

Keep it Simple Stupid

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:34 PM

Can't see the Colts beating the Steelers....Harrison is old, Wayne is not having a great season, and Gonzalez is a schizophrenic performer. I don't even count Rhodes and Addai's performance as worthy of being considered a running game against the Steelers...right now, it is shaping up like a Panthers vs. Ravens superbowl

#15 Hairless Cat

Hairless Cat

Thread Diddler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:40 PM

didnt we play the colts in this preseason and our first team kick theirs asses? or am I dreaming?

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com