#1 JakeFlake

JakeFlake

The King of Kings

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:08 PM

wow. Unofficial, but wow.

NDIANAPOLIS — The competition just went up a notch here at the NFL Scouting Combine, as two of the top safeties just posted a couple of eye-popping numbers.

USC safety Taylor Mays was clocked with an unofficial 4.24-second 40-yard dash. If that number holds, it would tie Chris Johnson for the fastest 40 time in the combine since 2000. NFL.com’s Bucky Brooks did hear another scout put Mays at 4.33, but even with that time, Mays would become the second-fastest participant at this year’s combine.

#2 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,902 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:10 PM

My response to this is: "HOLY CRAP!!!!"

Can you imagine converting this guy to a LB like we did with Thomas Davis?

#3 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,217 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:11 PM

Wasn't there concern about him being to slow to play the S position and that he may need to switch to LB???

#4 DynastyRTR

DynastyRTR

newnfldraft.com writer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:12 PM

wow...Raiders fans should start buying taylor mays and bruce campbell jerseys

#5 kdrh5

kdrh5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:14 PM

Running, like, really fast in a straight line won't help him to not miss tackles, take poor angles to the ball, and get beat in coverage. Will Linebacker.

#6 JakeFlake

JakeFlake

The King of Kings

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:16 PM

Running, like, really fast in a straight line won't help him to not miss tackles, take poor angles to the ball, and get beat in coverage. Will Linebacker.

very true, but that speed will help him to get to the ball on a deep route coming over the top. And if he is that fast and he gets to someone at that speed, as big as he is, he might kill someone.

#7 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,013 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:17 PM

But it will help a team reach for him.

#8 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,318 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:19 PM

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraiderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrzzzzzzzzzz

#9 kdrh5

kdrh5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:20 PM

very true, but that speed will help him to get to the ball on a deep route coming over the top. And if he is that fast and he gets to someone at that speed, as big as he is, he might kill someone.

Everyone knew he would run fast and was a freak athletically. Why in the world would this showing at the combine change anyone's opinion on him? That speed didnt help him get over the top against Golden Tate. I'm talking about game film. Big hitter but misses tackles, so-so to adequate in coverage, great straight line speed. Sounds like Charles Godfrey to me.

#10 IRONMAN

IRONMAN

Tony Stark By Day

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:21 PM

5 interceptions in 4 years with no get to the ball instincts. That being said even if that comes back being 4.35 or lower someone can work with him and turn that speed into success at some position.

#11 kdrh5

kdrh5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:22 PM

OMF'NGZ i actually saw him play in college so that means he MUST be a good player!!!!!

#12 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,420 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:23 PM

$$$$$$$$$

#13 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,960 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:25 PM

Wasn't there concern about him being to slow to play the S position and that he may need to switch to LB???

No there was never concern about his speed, everyone who wasn't just blindly hating knew the kid was a complete freak. The concern with Mays is his ball skills, trying to go for a killshot instead of an int and the fluidity of his hips.

#14 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,960 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:28 PM

Everyone knew he would run fast and was a freak athletically. Why in the world would this showing at the combine change anyone's opinion on him? That speed didnt help him get over the top against Golden Tate. I'm talking about game film. Big hitter but misses tackles, so-so to adequate in coverage, great straight line speed. Sounds like Charles Godfrey to me.

You do realize the reason Taylor always appeared late to a play was because Carroll was so afraid of the secondary giving up the long ball that he played Taylor 20 yards off the line of scrimmage most of the time. Also I'm not so sure what your talking about with him "missing" tackles the problem with Taylor is he tries to blow people up instead of going for the int.

#15 IRONMAN

IRONMAN

Tony Stark By Day

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:29 PM

that 2nd time looked fast a poo and it was a 4.34 so somebody jacked up that first time plain and simple.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.