25 replies to this topic

#16 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,233 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:30 PM

that 2nd time looked fast a poo and it was a 4.34 so somebody jacked up that first time plain and simple.

Even if that is the case (don't think it is) still a 230 pound safety running a 4.3 is just sickening.

#17 kdrh5

kdrh5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:30 PM

You do realize the reason Taylor always appeared late to a play was because Carroll was so afraid of the secondary giving up the long ball that he played Taylor 20 yards off the line of scrimmage most of the time. Also I'm not so sure what your talking about with him "missing" tackles the problem with Taylor is he tries to blow people up instead of going for the int.

Oh no, i criticized a SC player. To be fair, i think he can be a solid player, i just think game-film overrides a 40 time in his case. We ALL knew he was a freak. While i think he's best suited to play WLB in the pros, he could be effective as an Adrian Wilson-type SS in the right system. But hopefully for his sake he doesnt end up in Oakland.

#18 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,233 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:53 PM

Oh no, i criticized a SC player. To be fair, i think he can be a solid player, i just think game-film overrides a 40 time in his case. We ALL knew he was a freak. While i think he's best suited to play WLB in the pros, he could be effective as an Adrian Wilson-type SS in the right system. But hopefully for his sake he doesnt end up in Oakland.

I don't care that you criticized him I criticized Griffen yesterday. I'm just saying their are reasons why Taylor was less effective in 09 then the rest of his SC career part of it is also the linebackers he was playing behind. He had Clay, Rey, Cush and Kaluka most of his career last year he had a terrible LB corps in front of him.

#19 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 03:21 PM

Wasn't there concern about him being to slow to play the S position and that he may need to switch to LB???

The concern with Mays, is that he's not always in the right place. It does no good to be fast when all that speed is going the wrong damn way.

#20 IRONMAN

IRONMAN

Tony Stark By Day

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 05:00 PM

Taylor Mays official time ended up being 4.43. nothing to see here anymore.

#21 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,517 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 02 March 2010 - 05:11 PM

NFL.com has his forty listed at 4.43

Strengths
A physical specimen with a freakish combination of size, speed and athleticism. Tracks the ball-carrier well, fills fast and delivers good shots. Effective center fielder who uses his elite closing speed and agility to make plays all over the field. Special athlete who can play multiple positions and in different schemes at the next level.

Weaknesses
Does not always take proper angles, which mitigates his great speed. Over-aggressive at times, as he prefers to land a big hit over playing the ball in pass coverage. Technique is sloppy, which may give him trouble in coverage against better athletes at the next level. There are concerns about his passion for the game and his overall maturity.

#22 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,893 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 05:16 PM

He is a raider ... no doubt

#23 DynastyRTR

DynastyRTR

newnfldraft.com writer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:05 PM

NFL.com has his forty listed at 4.43

NFL.com is wrong...proof he was faster than trindon holliday/barely slower than jacoby ford

#24 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:55 PM

No offense but editing a video is not that hard to do. It wouldn't surprise me if some fanboy faked that video.

#25 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:55 AM

That edited video highlights how overrated the 40 yard dash is - there's nothing in it between those 4. On the field that slight difference isn't going to matter.

#26 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,504 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 09:30 AM

Mays has amazing size and top end speed for not only a safety, but a cornerback as well. His 40 time, perhaps other than Jacoby Ford, is the most impressive of the combine.

That being said, it's pretty well known that he has some of the worst hips of any DB in the draft, and he practically cannot run backwards. Kid would be a great LB, but he's not nimble enough from a lower body standpoint to make adjustments to NFL receivers. A knock on him in college was his lack of big play and deep coverage ability.

Go watch the video of him running Javid Best to the sideline in the Cal game and you'll see why he will be a better LB than a FS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com