#46 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,525 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:46 PM

i definitely agree that lower healthcare overhead (derived through one fashion or another) would be financially beneficial for small businesses, but thats small potatos. if we're really talking about fixing the economy, ideally we would like to see businesses in this country expand their profit margins and production levels, versus saving money on bills.

the "jesus christ" was directed more towards everything he had written as a whole. that just happened to be the last post of his that i read before i couldnt take it anymore. haha.

#47 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:28 AM

What's Obama supposed to do? Spawn jobs out of his ass? 'Tax cuts' are as much of a idiotic blanket solution as 'more regulation' is to others. WTF do you really expect?

[cue ideological bs that'll never happen in reality]

You're right, the only thing he knows how to do is give corrupt and incompetent people control of our money. That or he could ask all the people around him what to do again since he has no clue of what to do about ANY situation himself.

The Obama Administration
Thousands of jobs lost monthly all on your dime

That would look nice on a sort of McDonald's background logo.

#48 Mesmer

Mesmer

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 03:34 AM

There's no "fixing" the economy like LOL OBAM MAEK SUM JOBS U SUK!

We have nowhere near the room to grow we've had in the past, and we're in a bigger poohole now than we've been in since the depression.

I swear it's as if some of you have no idea where the money in the budget actually goes, as far as it's proportion to the budget.

#49 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,187 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:25 AM

Whats the fastest growing job field in America? Healthcare, So if everyone has health care more people can get hired in the healthcare industry. Two birds one stone.

#50 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:20 AM

Whats the fastest growing job field in America? Healthcare, So if everyone has health care more people can get hired in the healthcare industry. Two birds one stone.

Not to mention that companies are probably going to have to hire more HR personnel just to try to figure out the new rules if the bills pass. And if its typical federal regulation, its going to take a lot of people to figure it out.

#51 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,047 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:34 AM

I see your confusion. You see, smart people can actually do more than one thing at once. That is how this administration differs than the one you voted for.

Problem is that they have actually done NOTHING.

Lazy people want more entitlements....that is the reason.

It is amazing how many people want someone else (government, other taxpayers) to foot the bill when they can't afford the lifestyle that they want to live.

It is your responsibility to support yourself and your family....not someone else's.

Some people work hard in school...get a good education...select a career that they can make a good living at....work hard to achieve success.

Others chose not to do these things and then bitch that they don't have everything that the others people do.

I know this is a generalization. And, that there are people who have been hit hard and lost jobs to the economic recession. My point is aimed at the people who want to continue to receive entitilements and handouts during the strong economic times.

You chose not to do the things that would enable your success....homework, studying, college, etc.. That does not mean that I am responsible for supporting your ass.

Edited by MadHatter, 03 March 2010 - 09:12 AM.

#52 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,245 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:15 AM

And do you know how many in Congress own health care stocks?

I still say jobs pawns health care in terms of the focus of the govt.

To those who say healthcare first and how it would help small biz's. Do you have the funds now to pay new workers and let them get health care on their own?
Or, you have the funds and you are NOT hiring because you are sitting on your hands waiting for the healthcare bill to pass and it won't really show it's effect until a few years from now?
Or, you are not really that bright at running a small biz and don't know how to be proactive and play the cards you are dealt?
Or, you don't have a two nickels to rub together because you didn't save for a rainy day?
Or, you are just dull.

#53 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,245 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:17 AM

This is becoming less and less true by the day. we're headed toward a contractor based work force. I'm not sure how many people here are freelance and have to buy their own insurance, but I can guarantee you the high majority of them are in favor of massive reform. Being permanently relegated to the "free market" is the greatest curse in healthcare.

I can see that for sure. The method to do this and the thining behind it is still dumb. Letting chowderheads in Congress come up with this plan while keeping their own should be enough evidence on why this isn't smart.

Focus on the low lying fruit to fix, get the uninsured insured and THEN go after the bigger fish.

#54 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,540 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:54 AM

The president's plan, if passed, won't be implemented until 2014. You could take that as a reason to rush it or a reason to put it on the back burner, glean from it what you may.

#55 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,772 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:00 AM

I am going into my 3rd term as a contractor at a very high hourly wage, but with extremely limited benefits. I can't imagine why my company would not just hire me at a normal rate with benefits, the job I do is definitely a full time one that is not going away, but they keep on extending the contract. So my health insurance is a ton of money for not much unless I have a giant heart attack or something - then they will get me out of the hospital as quick as they can and cancel me.

#56 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,389 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:28 AM

Problem is that they have actually done NOTHING.

Lazy people want more entitlements....that is the reason.

It is amazing how many people want someone else (government, other taxpayers) to foot the bill when they can't afford the lifestyle that they want to live.

It is your responsibility to support yourself and your family....not someone else's.

Some people work hard in school...get a good education...select a career that they can make a good living at....work hard to achieve success.

Others chose not to do these things and then bitch that they don't have everything that the others people do.

I know this is a generalization. And, that there are people who have been hit hard and lost jobs to the economic recession. My point is aimed at the people who want to continue to receive entitilements and handouts during the strong economic times.

You chose not to do the things that would enable your success....homework, studying, college, etc.. That does not mean that I am responsible for supporting your ass.

wow you have no idea how the real world works.

#57 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,868 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:55 AM

I am going into my 3rd term as a contractor at a very high hourly wage, but with extremely limited benefits. I can't imagine why my company would not just hire me at a normal rate with benefits, the job I do is definitely a full time one that is not going away, but they keep on extending the contract. So my health insurance is a ton of money for not much unless I have a giant heart attack or something - then they will get me out of the hospital as quick as they can and cancel me.

They do this because it's cheaper to pay you this way....it's not that hard to understand.

They don't want to cover your insurance, nor the other half of Medicare and SS tax. The government has overtaxed small businesses so they are figuring out ways to still try to turn a profit.

Also because of this, it's much easier for them to "cut ties" with you and not worry about "just cause" and unemployment taxes.

#58 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,047 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:02 AM

wow you have no idea how the real world works.

I know exactly how it works. Been living in it for 42 years.

I just have the perspective and belief that you work for what you get....and you are accountable for you own successes or failures.

Apparently, you are the kind that just wants to blame others for what you don't have.

I guess that it is my responsibility to support those who did not want to put in the same work and effort......I don't think so.

So Grasshopper...please enlighten me as to how it works. Explain to me why it is my responsibility to suppor tthose who do not want to put in the same work and effort I did for an education. I enjoy reading and hearing all of the different excuses that people make....I can add yours to the list.

Edited by MadHatter, 03 March 2010 - 11:05 AM.

#59 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,047 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:04 AM

They do this because it's cheaper to pay you this way....it's not that hard to understand.

They don't want to cover your insurance, nor the other half of Medicare and SS tax. The government has overtaxed small businesses so they are figuring out ways to still try to turn a profit.

Also because of this, it's much easier for them to "cut ties" with you and not worry about "just cause" and unemployment taxes.

If they keep extending your contract, they could actually be getting themselves into big employment problems.

The gov't is taking a hard look at long-term contract employees...whether they are truly contract or whether they should be considered employees.

Microsoft got into HUGE problems with this in the past. That is why they now require a 3 month break...after 9 months service for all of their contract employees.

I have friends there who work for 9 months as a contractor....are let go for 3 months....then brought right back for another 9 months.

It is crazy.

#60 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,245 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:24 AM

Another opp for a smart health care fix. Contractors should be able to either buy into a CO Op. Pooled money to lower costs and spread out the risk/leverage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.