44 replies to this topic

#1 ccase39

ccase39

gnawwin on scrote

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 04:37 PM

I have to hand it to you Williams has had a great year, but he is no reggie bush. I know Reggie missed a good portion of the season, but before he got hurt he was leading the league in touchdowns. now multiply those yards and touchdowns by the number of games he missed, and you can see the stats proove that Reggie is a superior back. Now I know it would be unorthadoxed, but I think Reggie and Williams should train together during the offseason, I think under Reggies tutilage Willams could develop as a player. Thoughts?/

#2 Skew

Skew

GOLD PREMIUM MEMBER

• Moderators
  • 6,185 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 04:46 PM

You just want Bush to learn from Williams so Bush wouldn't be such a bust.
Bush has yet to have a season like Williams.
And don't get me started on fumbles.

#3 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,904 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 04:51 PM

DWill is likable.

I like those if he had played the whole season scenarios.

What would have happened if Gore had won the 2000 election, Sage?

Edited by Jangler, 03 January 2009 - 04:53 PM.

#4 ccase39

ccase39

gnawwin on scrote

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 04:54 PM

DWill is likable.

I like those if he had played the whole season scenarios.

What would have happened if Gore had won the 2000 election, Sage?

Dwill is good, but I think reggie could help him learn to break more tackles and move the pile.

#5 Skew

Skew

GOLD PREMIUM MEMBER

• Moderators
  • 6,185 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:19 PM

D. Will doessn't seem to have a problem with breaking tackles and moving the pile, but thanks for trying.

#6 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,498 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:26 PM

Dwill is good, but I think reggie could help him learn to break more tackles and move the pile.

Reggie is faster than Williams and more elusive in the open field, but Williams is definitely a tougher runner, more durable and runs with more power. Bush goes down with the first tackle, is relatively injury prone and is mediocre at best between the tackles. That is why Bush is best out of the backfield on a pass where he doesn't have to go through the first line of defense. Williams is far better as a running back being able to run inside or out. Bush is really only good to the outside.

3.8 yards per carry versus 5.5 for Williams.

2.3 yards average up the middle versus 5.8 for Williams.

Bush is a good receiver who runs the ball some.
Williams is a great runner who catches the ball some.

#7 9Lives

9Lives

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:30 PM

I have to hand it to you Williams has had a great year, but he is no reggie bush. I know Reggie missed a good portion of the season, but before he got hurt he was leading the league in touchdowns. now multiply those yards and touchdowns by the number of games he missed, and you can see the stats proove that Reggie is a superior back. Now I know it would be unorthadoxed, but I think Reggie and Williams should train together during the offseason, I think under Reggies tutilage Willams could develop as a player. Thoughts?/

What a moron. My 11 year old daughter knows more about football than you obviously do.

#8 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,904 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:34 PM

Saints fans need to take off the paperbags, I think they are starting to asphyxiate.

#9 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,044 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:46 PM

Let's see, D-Wil did his own thing this year as far as training and is the third leading rusher in the league. Williams is a true RB, he creates space. Bush is a utility player/returner, he needs space to operate. For Bush to tutor Williams as a football player, that is absurd. And physical training, well I doubt D-Wil needs any help there either, as if you watched the entire Panthers season, you would see that the only pound for pound player that is better, would be Steve Smith. Actually, the more I think about it, this thread needs to be put to bed. Is this actually 70Saints saying more ignorant garbage again? Bush is a better athlete, DeAngelo is by far the better football player, hands down. Maybe Bush should let D-Will tutor him so he isnt always hurt or can break a tackle or learn the art of the stiff arm. That was a horrible original post.

#10 Skew

Skew

GOLD PREMIUM MEMBER

• Moderators
  • 6,185 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 06:01 PM

In any other forum, I would have deleted this thread.

#11 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 06:09 PM

I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt and just say he started a masterful spoof thread.

#12 Saint J

Saint J

Banned

• Banned
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 06:12 PM

I guess you guys didn't pick up on the sarcasm of ccase's post.

#13 PanthersFanInGA

PanthersFanInGA

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 06:13 PM

Get lost man. Reggie Bush is a joke. He's one of those #1 draft picks that get drafted and don't ever contribute squat in the NFL.

#14 Rosodude

Rosodude

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 06:17 PM

Williams lead his team to a first round bye and reggie is watching at home healing his bones

#15 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,044 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 06:17 PM

I guess you guys didn't pick up on the sarcasm of ccase's post.

You can call it sarcasm, I will call it ignorance. How bout that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.