Photo
- - - - -

Free Agency 2010

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
152 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,454 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:43 AM

A thread for general free agent chatter. Signings, trades, negotiations, rumors, whatever.

Some useful links for keeping up on free agent movement:

Pro Football Talk

National Football Post

ESPN Free Agency Blog

Rotoworld NFL

KFFL Hot Off the Wire

The Red Zone

Jay Glazer

Adam Schefter

Edited by Mr Scot, 04 March 2010 - 02:07 AM.

#2 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,454 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 02:05 AM

Some early stuff...

Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that the Browns are looking to acquire a QB via trade (quoted in the Red Zone). Holmgren's a WCO guy. Wonder if he'd go after Bolton (or, for that matter, McNabb).

The Panthers aren't the only team to do an about face on a franchise player. The Rams last year put a non-exclusive Franchise tag on safety OJ Atogwe. This year, per the St Louis Dispatch (seen in Rotoworld) they're giving him the low tender. They'd have the right to match offers, but would get no compensation if they chose not to.

Michael Lombardi is saying the Jets are "extremely interested" in acquiring Antonio Cromartie. Having a DB tandem of Revis and Cromartie could be intriguing, but one of the Jets beat reporters (Rich Cimini) says the Chargers won't trade him to an AFC team.

Edited by Mr Scot, 04 March 2010 - 02:11 AM.

#3 pantherfan81

pantherfan81

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 02:07 AM

Thanks for the links. I can't wait for all the action in the next few days!

#4 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,454 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:55 AM

Interesting prospect from PFT:

Peppers could push Harris off Bears roster

Hayes credits two sources that say Harris is at serious risk of being released before a $5 million bonus is due in June. Signing a big-ticket defensive lineman like Peppers could make the team less likely to blow more money on Harris, who has struggled in recent years.

#5 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:04 PM

:svengo: Haha this shows how much peppers wanted to leave carolina that bad. He gave up a 14 mill. a year contract to possibly go toa bears team who was no better then panthers last year. Is that how dumb peppers and his so called agent is. If peppers is looking for a SB calibur team to get a ring quick. He better go looking for another team. Because the bears is not really a SB contender team right now just like the panthers. But good luck to peppers to where ever he goes.:grouphug::crazy:

#6 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:08 PM

Thanks for the links. I can't wait for all the action in the next few days!

Haha don't expect the panthers to be to envolved in the FA market. We haven't been big in the FA market for years now. Don't expect to happen this year.:rolleyes::icon_bs:

#7 pantherfan81

pantherfan81

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:21 PM

Haha don't expect the panthers to be to envolved in the FA market. We haven't been big in the FA market for years now. Don't expect to happen this year.:rolleyes::icon_bs:

I meant in general. It's still fun to see all the hoopla that takes place. Though this year will be toned down a bit most likely.

#8 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:07 PM

We will then sign Harris.

#9 holmes49er

holmes49er

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:12 PM

Some early stuff...

Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that the Browns are looking to acquire a QB via trade (quoted in the Red Zone). Holmgren's a WCO guy. Wonder if he'd go after Bolton (or, for that matter, McNabb).

Michael Lombardi is saying the Jets are "extremely interested" in acquiring Antonio Cromartie. Having a DB tandem of Revis and Cromartie could be intriguing, but one of the Jets beat reporters (Rich Cimini) says the Chargers won't trade him to an AFC team.

Thanks for the links Mr. Scot! Bookmarks added to help me get my NFL fix!

I could see the Browns making a move for McNabb before Vick. It's still unknown if Vick can get back to his before prison level play which relied heavily on his mobility in the pocket. It seems he's lost a step in the few instances I saw him play last year.

Revis and Cromartie would be intriguing indeed. However I can't see the Chargers trading him in the AFC if it can be helped. The Jets might just step up and offer something they can't turn down though.

#10 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,133 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 02:18 PM

:svengo: Haha this shows how much peppers wanted to leave carolina that bad. He gave up a 14 mill. a year contract to possibly go toa bears team who was no better then panthers last year. Is that how dumb peppers and his so called agent is. If peppers is looking for a SB calibur team to get a ring quick. He better go looking for another team. Because the bears is not really a SB contender team right now just like the panthers. But good luck to peppers to where ever he goes.:grouphug::crazy:

Also Lovie Smith is on the hot seat this year. The Bears have made it very clear Playoffs or get fired.

#11 DynastyRTR

DynastyRTR

newnfldraft.com writer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:48 PM

We will then sign Harris.

random thought...

trade Kemo to Zona for Early Doucet, then sign Tommie Harris in FA if he is released

#12 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • 6,292 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:53 PM

Revis and Cromartie would be intriguing indeed. However I can't see the Chargers trading him in the AFC if it can be helped. The Jets might just step up and offer something they can't turn down though.

I vote Shonn Greene.

#13 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:56 PM

Skins released a ton today

RB Rock Cartwright
Punt Fair Catcher Antwaan Randle El
G Randy Thomas
CB Fred Smoot
RB Ladell Betts

#14 DynastyRTR

DynastyRTR

newnfldraft.com writer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:57 PM

I vote Shonn Greene.

shonne greene is the future of the jets, no way they are gonna trade him. maybe leon washington

#15 PanthersFanNY

PanthersFanNY

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:58 PM

Tommie Harris hasn't been good in a while. Why would we sign him?

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com