#16 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,710 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:09 PM

I actually like the idea of trading for Early Doucette.

Also, with Quinton Teal not tendered, I wonder if the Panthers take a look at recently released safety/special teams ace John Wendling (Bills).

#17 DynastyRTR

DynastyRTR

newnfldraft.com writer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:19 PM

http://nbcsports.msn...ts-player_news/

Cowboys extended a first- and third-round tender offer to restricted free agent WR Miles Austin.

#18 DynastyRTR

DynastyRTR

newnfldraft.com writer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:21 PM

I actually like the idea of trading for Early Doucette.

davone bess is an ERFA(exclusive rights free agent) and hasn't been tendered yet so it has to happen quick or he is a FA. ID trade Kemo for him also

#19 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,439 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:30 PM

mortreport:

There are a lot of phones burning around league. Some free agency. Some trades. Browns very aggressive.

PS rep for u, bc i screwed up and made another thread on this. my bad

#20 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:32 PM

Skins released a ton today

RB Rock Cartwright
Punt Fair Catcher Antwaan Randle El
G Randy Thomas
CB Fred Smoot
RB Ladell Betts

Only a few big names on the list that is worth looking at. Antwaan might be of some interest to us but is getting up in age. Fred smoot might be a possible fit into our CB group. But also aging and slowing down. None of them are really worth picking up accept for backup duties.:ciappa:

#21 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:35 PM

http://nbcsports.msn...ts-player_news/

Cowboys extended a first- and third-round tender offer to restricted free agent WR Miles Austin.

Ummm well austin really didn't appear until his 3 yr and he had a good year. But Austin could be just a one year wonder. Worth a 1st and a 3rd. Not really because he has only played good one year. If he had 2 good seasons then he might be worth it. At best he might be worth a 2nd and 5th.:smash:

#22 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,626 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:38 PM

This makes me want to vomit, but Mike Lombardi mentioned on Packman that WR Josh Reed was a guy we might look at for WR.

May as well give Keary Colbert a call and see what he's up to.

#23 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:45 PM

This makes me want to vomit, but Mike Lombardi mentioned on Packman that WR Josh Reed was a guy we might look at for WR.

May as well give Keary Colbert a call and see what he's up to.

Well every player acts different. Reed might come here and be a big success for us. Who knows what might happen. We thought back years ago when we traded 2 1st rounders to the skins for Sean Gilbert that Gilbert was going to help us big time. But he end up been a total bust for us. But that mean reed will end up the same way. Plus we ain't giving up picks for him. So why not take a risk on the kid.:bigear:

#24 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,006 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:45 PM

We need to get Kasim osgood here for ST.

#25 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,710 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:02 PM

Almost set to go.

#26 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:06 PM

The only reason I am even waiting for it to start is to see what Peppers gets (I can't wait to see this deal come back to bite whoever signs him). I seriously doubt we sign anyone tonight.

#27 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,413 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:07 PM

I really wish we would sign Bolden. He really would be the type of WR the Panthers are looking for and would also let us not throw any Rookie WR right into the fire.

#28 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:16 PM

I really wish we would sign Bolden. He really would be the type of WR the Panthers are looking for and would also let us not throw any Rookie WR right into the fire.

Boldin is going to want a ton of money. I want to get a proven playmaker as well...I just don't want one that has been injured the last 2 years and is 30 years old.

IDK what we're going to do to upgrade that position but we need to do something or our offense is going to struggle and Moore's not going to have enough options.

#29 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,413 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:25 PM

Boldin is going to want a ton of money. I want to get a proven playmaker as well...I just don't want one that has been injured the last 2 years and is 30 years old.

IDK what we're going to do to upgrade that position but we need to do something or our offense is going to struggle and Moore's not going to have enough options.

Boldin is about as proven as you get in the FA WR class right now. Also the dude is a tough SOB. He came back 2 months after he got his jaw wired shut. Besides we just Gave Delhomme 12 mill to do nothing......

#30 Phinisher

Phinisher

The Huddles Reckoning

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationRain Tree

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:27 PM

Boldin is about as proven as you get in the FA WR class right now. Also the dude is a tough SOB. He came back 2 months after he got his jaw wired shut. Besides we just Gave Delhomme 12 mill to do nothing......

he is not a free agent. you'd have to give compensation up for him

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.