Photo
- - - - -

"I’ve never thought that they didn’t think highly of me," said Moore.

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:25 AM

They didn't, or more accurately, John Fox didn't.

Sorry Matt. You are a bit laid back for Fox's taste. Fox likes his QB's fiery and all pumped up in practice, yelling and pointing and slapping the asses of the other players. Sure they may throw 7 picks in an actual game, but damn if they are not fiery. THEY are football players.

Sorry Matt. You and your laid back in practice, not yelling or slapping asses, "all I do is win games" attitude wont make you any friends on Fox's staff. Thank god Hurney knows Richardson would fire his ass on the spot if another team picked you up and you won elsewhere.

Hopefully you can ride out this season until the Panthers hire a head coach that actually believes in you.

#2 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,950 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:31 AM

That's also the reason why people on here wanted Jake QBing.

Where are they now???? Funny how some people disappear once their "guy" gets benched.

#3 Hairless Cat

Hairless Cat

Thread Diddler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts
  • LocationShotgun Shack

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:37 AM

Is this about Chris Weinke?

#4 Gman was right

Gman was right

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:46 AM

Its noy that he was laid back its that he was too lazy in practice because he wasn't throwing a hissy fit every time he threw a pick. We have members on this forum with "inside sources" that told me so. Hopefully moore will get his poo together and stop slacking off so much

#5 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,954 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:08 AM

A complete thread that qualifies for the FAIL classification.

#6 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:11 AM

So, everyone knows exactly how Fox operates and feels. I'm glad I'm the only one who hasn't spent any amount of time with him.

#7 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,429 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:21 AM

organizationally it's pretty apparent that moore is thought highly of.

fox is the big question. most of us know how fox has been viewing moore and the reasoning for it. can fox put aside his feelings about what a "football player" looks like and acts like and can moore pick it up enough to meet fox half way?

i'm thinking moore will do his part to act the part without giving up too much of himself.

i'm only counting on fox being coerced into making moore the starter.

#8 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:25 AM

organizationally it's pretty apparent that moore is thought highly of.

fox is the big question. most of us know how fox has been viewing moore and the reasoning for it. can fox put aside his feelings about what a "football player" looks like and acts like and can moore pick it up enough to meet fox half way?

i'm thinking moore will do his part to act the part without giving up too much of himself.

i'm only counting on fox being coerced into making moore the starter.

I don't think Fox is that retarded. Sure, he's made mistakes and he will still make mistakes, but it's not that easy to become an NFL coach; not every idiot can make it.

#9 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,322 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:26 AM

Isn't there already a whole thread on this? :rolleyes:

#10 Woodcookedbbq

Woodcookedbbq

Vinegar Based

• HUDDLER
  • 2,393 posts
  • LocationGreenville, NC

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:27 AM

Hopefully Fox can read b/w the lines and see this high tender and know that the FO and fans are expecting Moore to start.

#11 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,429 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:28 AM

you can be successful and narrow minded. fox was successful enough to land an NFL HC job and keep it for 8 years but that doesn't change his being narrow minded.

he doesn't think that moore is a prototypical NFL player or QB. moore doesn't act like he things a real QB should and that is why he has been so down on moore.

#12 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,429 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:29 AM

Isn't there already a whole thread on this? :rolleyes:

about fox's feelings on moore? yep and it was started by the same guy. care to bump it up?

#13 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 09:08 AM

I wish I could read Fox's mind like some can. You sure as hell aren't coming up with these opinions based on what the man says, because he never says what he's really thinking.

#14 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,721 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 04 March 2010 - 09:20 AM

They didn't, or more accurately, John Fox didn't.

Sorry Matt. You are a bit laid back for Fox's taste. Fox likes his QB's fiery and all pumped up in practice, yelling and pointing and slapping the asses of the other players. Sure they may throw 7 picks in an actual game, but damn if they are not fiery. THEY are football players.

Sorry Matt. You and your laid back in practice, not yelling or slapping asses, "all I do is win games" attitude wont make you any friends on Fox's staff. Thank god Hurney knows Richardson would fire his ass on the spot if another team picked you up and you won elsewhere.

Hopefully you can ride out this season until the Panthers hire a head coach that actually believes in you.

Yeah. Why would a coach want his player to actually learn the play book. It is ridiculous that Fox would want his leader in the locker room to stick around after weighlighting and off-season conditioning rather than bolt out the door early. Fox is crazy to expect his quarterback to watch film and actually help with gameplanning for the opponent. This whole lead by example BS is way overrated, right?

Bottom line is Moore gave very little reason to believe he could run the team successfully outside of a short stint in 2007. Then he immediately regresses in 2008 and had a poor preseason in 2009. I am sure it is Fox's fault that Moore was reported by several folks in the know to be so laid back that he didn't put in the work every day.

After Moore shows he can win some games and play, they tender him with a 1st and third assuring he would be here. They also raise his salary from 400,000 to over 3,000,000 with the move. Yeah it really shows the organization doesn't value him or think he can do the job. Maybe if he actually works hard this year and shows up like a leader in the locker room, they might reward him again with a long term contract.

Yeah it is all Fox's fault, and Moore's attitude and behavior had nothing to do with it.

#15 Montie_0123

Montie_0123

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 04 March 2010 - 09:57 AM

I can't really say Moore regress in 08 because of the fact that he got hurt in the preseason and never played the rest of the year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com