39 replies to this topic

#16 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:30 PM

yes :D

Speak for yourself then. Those spread QB's all have to learn how to play the position again in the NFL. Delhomme is a better option should Moore miss a few games, and that is definitely a possibility.

#17 jakesthemistake

jakesthemistake

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:31 PM

couldn't jake help matt out with some stuff tho i mean even tho jake sucks and stuff I think he would know more about being a starting nfl QB then matt. jake did take us to the super bowl guys give him some respect

#18 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,877 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:35 PM

Speak for yourself then. Those spread QB's all have to learn how to play the position again in the NFL. Delhomme is a better option should Moore miss a few games, and that is definitely a possibility.

I was kidding about the spread qbs, relax. But I am not saying that delhomme doesnt have experience in those situations. Im just sick of hearing the name DEHHHhomme

#19 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,877 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:39 PM

Um...why?

Why would you cut someone that would still be making millions in salary from you?

Unless we're drafting a QB...it ain't happening...and even if THAT happens, why the heck would you not have him on the sidelines helping out. Warner was content letting Leinart get his shot.

warner cannot even be in the same convo as delhomme...well maybe if ure talking about nfl europe

#20 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:43 PM

I was kidding about the spread qbs, relax. But I am not saying that delhomme doesnt have experience in those situations. Im just sick of hearing the name DEHHHhomme

Dude, I'm always relaxed. I'm sorry but it's just common sense to me to have a back up with some experience. Sure, Jake had an awful season, but that doesn't mean he can't come in and win a couple of games for you if he needs to. My only worry, is if he has lost his confidence or not. If has lost it, then they might as well cut him regardless of the money, but if he's still confident in himself, he will want it that much more after it's been taken away from him, and he will work his ass off to correct his mistakes. I can respect a guy like that more than any 4th round rookie.

#21 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,138 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:44 PM

warner cannot even be in the same convo as delhomme...well maybe if ure talking about nfl europe

With respect to giving the new guy a chance and be a backup...I didn't say he was on par with Warner's abilities.

#22 powellj1

powellj1

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:47 PM

If they cut Jake they only have to pay him the portions of his bonus that was guaranteed in his extension. His salary is not guaranteed. So Cut our losses eat the money in an uncapped year and wash our hands of this turd!!!!!!!!!

#23 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:52 PM

If they cut Delhomme, I swear I will have an orgasm. This topic has already excited me...

#24 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,138 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:53 PM

If they cut Jake they only have to pay him the portions of his bonus that was guaranteed in his extension. His salary is not guaranteed. So Cut our losses eat the money in an uncapped year and wash our hands of this turd!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to know if that's possible...because if it is...you might see a lot of firesales of huge contracts off of people's books.

Just as there is no cap ceiling...there's no basement either.

#25 Bluenovember

Bluenovember

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:57 PM

Maybe Jake can transition to be the panthers play by play announcer.

#26 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,423 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:57 PM

Jake Delhomme will not walk. He cost too much to cut right now so he will be the back up. Really he prob would be a very good back up.

#27 powellj1

powellj1

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 02:01 PM

Jake Delhomme will not walk. He cost too much to cut right now so he will be the back up. Really he prob would be a very good back up.

Are you high, what has he done in the last 2 years that has shown you this.

He is mentally and physically toast and has no support in the locker room. I don't see those as valuable assets in a backup QB.

#28 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,795 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 02:08 PM

Im ready for moore to take over but it wouldnt feel right without jake on the team.

That feeling is a good feeling, embrace it.

#29 I AM

I AM

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 02:14 PM

100% wrong...

Jake's extension last year has guarantees of 12.7 Million through the first three years of the deal, even if we cut him...

There are several triggers and options in it as to what happens if we cut him when, but long story short, we're on the hook for 12.7 Million regardless...

If we have to pay him that, might as well let him hold a clipboard...

...and I'm not saying that because I like him, because I honestly hope we never see him in a game situation again...

#30 I AM

I AM

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 02:16 PM

This explains it all:

http://www.nationalf...n-the-hook.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.