Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Things we found out & already knew...

27 posts in this topic

Posted

*goes to change the title of this thread to "Panthers Get No Respest" since there aren't enough of them*

Posted

Yea Millin did pretty good. But wasn't he a journalist before he got the lions job.

Posted

I thought that Millen interview was BRUTAL. I would have hated to try and answer those questions about myself. I thought he handled it great.

Posted

HE CREATED THE ONLY TEAM TO EVER GO 0-16!

What did you expect, "So Matt, what are your vacation plans this summer?"?

Of course it has to be a hard interview.

Posted

HE CREATED THE ONLY TEAM TO EVER GO 0-16!

What did you expect, "So Matt, what are your vacation plans this summer?"?

Of course it has to be a hard interview.

Maybe so, but he didn't have to do it, and he could have deflected the blame. It's a damned shame people with real power can't take responsibility like that. I had lost respect for Millen over the years, but he won it back and then some by standing up like that.

Posted

Faith Hills song might be dumb but shes still hot hehe

Posted

No one will really think poo about us unless we win the Super Bowl.

Even though we play at home, I really believe we have to battle the refs too because we may not be a favorable ratings draw from a networks perspective.

Then again I may be too paranoid about that, it just seems when we play teams like the Cowboys and favored by the media teams we get screwed a lot.

Posted

NBC is the worst network in history to air NFL games.

I prefer to hate CBS.

NBC, since they end up covering both conferences, do a crappy-to-pisspoor job of analysis vs the NFC- or AFC-specific games... about as well as FOX or CBS do the intra-league games themselves.

Posted

No one will really think sh*t about us unless we win the Super Bowl.

Even though we play at home, I really believe we have to battle the refs too because we may not be a favorable ratings draw from a networks perspective.

Then again I may be too paranoid about that, it just seems when we play teams like the Cowboys and favored by the media teams we get screwed a lot.

I really do believe refs are often affected by Vegas. There really should be a system to financially repremand refs for blatantly incorrect calls

Posted

I really do believe refs are often affected by Vegas. There really should be a system to financially repremand refs for blatantly incorrect calls

If the refs were full-time employees of the NFL, I could see that. But those guys are working full-time jobs during the week (most, from what I'm told, as lawyers). They're not officiating for the money, and there's nothing holding them back from simply walking away if they're hit with a fine. If they were full-timers, then a stronger penalty/fine system could be in place. Me, I'm amazed at what they DO see at full-speed that us at home miss until we catch the replay.

Check out http://refchat.blogspot.com for someone's compiled stats on various refs over this past season.

Posted

Yea Millin did pretty good. But wasn't he a journalist before he got the lions job.

Nobody hangs around long after interrupting Sir Costas a few times.

Posted

I'll agree with the thread starter... NBC sucks. I can't even watch that stupid Football Night show. I just switched to something else entirely between the games.

Oh yeah, and Chris Collinsworthless is a crappy game caller.