Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kevin Greene

Israel Starts Ground Offensive in Gaza in Bid to Halt Rockets

60 posts in this topic

Seeing as we are a nation founded on terrorism, not sure what moral high ground we can take.

We are very fortunate in that we are surrounded only by Canada and Mexico. Until the U.S. has enemies who wish it destroyed on all borders, I don't judge Israel for any of its actions. Yes, the Israelis have tanks and the Palestinians have rockets and stones, but there are only so many rockets and stones you can take before you get sick of it and decided to use your tanks.

Yes but we did have a very similar problems with the injuns.

We unlike modern terrorists targeted British military personnel and installations not civilians...minus the boston tea party. We were occupied, a better comparison would be Iraq over Israel.

Imagine being stung by bee's over and over while sitting on your porch, eventually you would be so fed up that you would have no choice but to go after the nest. Israel is going after the nest.

I believe that Israel can really hurt Hamas this time around, notice how Hezbollah has been pretty quiet since Israel went after them in Lebannon?

*sigmund love the quote btw

Ah, yes, democracy in the Middle East....isn't it working out great?

The Palestinan people elected a government that they thought would put their interests first, and not cave in to Israel. Israel elects governments that put their interests first, and do not cave in to the Arabs. The only difference is that Israel gets fighter jets and tanks to fight with, and the Palestinians get homemade bombs, smuggled rockets, and rocks - that's why they are the terrorists and Israel is the "freedom fighter". I refuse to choose sides in this stupidity anymore, and if the US would adopt the same stance, we might be able to do something useful there.

It is better than tyranny, but I suppose you favor that.

And on what planet can you draw a parallel between the dangers for Israel and for ARABS in that part of the world? Those tanks and fighter jets are the only thing preventing genocide for the Jews. WTF?

Deep dark secret about the Christian Right: One of the biggest reasons they support Israel is because the Bible says that God will bless nations that help Israel and punish those who oppose them.

True story.

Deep dark secret about the Christian Right: One of the biggest reasons they support Israel is because the Bible says that God will bless nations that help Israel and punish those who oppose them.

True story.

...and that is the entire reason Israel is allowed to do anything it wishes, the exact reasons that Muslims in that area of the world hate the US and Isreal, and the exact reason that peace will never be achieved (at least until all Muslims are extinguished)...

Maybe we should turn Israel into the "glass parking lot" that all of these people keep saying we should turn Iraq/Iran into... That would solve a lot more problems than endless wars would...

Find someone that has come to the US from anywhere in that region that is not an Israeli... I guarantee you they all hate Israel...

...and that is the entire reason Israel is allowed to do anything it wishes, the exact reasons that Muslims in that area of the world hate the US and Isreal, and the exact reason that peace will never be achieved (at least until all Muslims are extinguished)...

Maybe we should turn Israel into the "glass parking lot" that all of these people keep saying we should turn Iraq/Iran into... That would solve a lot more problems than endless wars would...

Find someone that has come to the US from anywhere in that region that is not an Israeli... I guarantee you they all hate Israel...

I do not agree.

I lived in one of those countries for a year, traveled extensively throughout the entire middle east, and anyone that criticised the governments and or leaders went to jail or disappeared. The reason they hate Israel is because their newspapers and leaders blame nearly all their problems on Israel and on the West. The Papers and press contained nothing about the local leaders, except how great they were. It was that way in Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypy, Kuwait etc... They have a complete lack of balanced unbiased information.

Their history books teach that that only reason that Israel won the wars in 48, 56, 67, and 73 is because of support from the Western nations, especially the United States. This even though the US did not begin providing significant support to Israel until the 70's and especially in the 80's. They do this because they don't want to admit that the Israelis defeated them on their own with virtually no western assistance.

The situation over the last 60 years or so is extremely complicated and neither side is completely innocent, or completely to blame. Believe it or not, there is actually a significant minority in Israel that empathizes with the Palestinians, primarily because Israel has open sources of information, and gets to hear at least some of each side.

If the Palestinian ever wised up and stopped lobbing rockets at the Israelis eventually world opinion and even opinion in Israel would begin to bear on Israeli leaders to the point where Israel would eventually give them some of the things they want. As it is, they have some of the worst leaders possible, although in truth the reason they are elected is because they promise to fight, which is what the mistaken palestinian people think will save them. They still think that Allah will eventually save them.