Israel Starts Ground Offensive in Gaza in Bid to Halt Rockets

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#16 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,429 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:35 PM

Deep dark secret about the Christian Right: One of the biggest reasons they support Israel is because the Bible says that God will bless nations that help Israel and punish those who oppose them.

True story.

#17 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:35 PM

Deep dark secret about the Christian Right: One of the biggest reasons they support Israel is because the Bible says that God will bless nations that help Israel and punish those who oppose them.

True story.

...and that is the entire reason Israel is allowed to do anything it wishes, the exact reasons that Muslims in that area of the world hate the US and Isreal, and the exact reason that peace will never be achieved (at least until all Muslims are extinguished)...

Maybe we should turn Israel into the "glass parking lot" that all of these people keep saying we should turn Iraq/Iran into... That would solve a lot more problems than endless wars would...

Find someone that has come to the US from anywhere in that region that is not an Israeli... I guarantee you they all hate Israel...

#18 VaginalWartPuss

VaginalWartPuss

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:52 PM

anyone know where i can get a israel jersey?

#19 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• HUDDLER
  • 3,934 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:11 PM

anyone know where i can get a israel jersey?

http://www.google.co...y-revision&cd=1

#20 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:31 PM

...and that is the entire reason Israel is allowed to do anything it wishes, the exact reasons that Muslims in that area of the world hate the US and Isreal, and the exact reason that peace will never be achieved (at least until all Muslims are extinguished)...

Maybe we should turn Israel into the "glass parking lot" that all of these people keep saying we should turn Iraq/Iran into... That would solve a lot more problems than endless wars would...

Find someone that has come to the US from anywhere in that region that is not an Israeli... I guarantee you they all hate Israel...

I do not agree.

I lived in one of those countries for a year, traveled extensively throughout the entire middle east, and anyone that criticised the governments and or leaders went to jail or disappeared. The reason they hate Israel is because their newspapers and leaders blame nearly all their problems on Israel and on the West. The Papers and press contained nothing about the local leaders, except how great they were. It was that way in Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypy, Kuwait etc... They have a complete lack of balanced unbiased information.

Their history books teach that that only reason that Israel won the wars in 48, 56, 67, and 73 is because of support from the Western nations, especially the United States. This even though the US did not begin providing significant support to Israel until the 70's and especially in the 80's. They do this because they don't want to admit that the Israelis defeated them on their own with virtually no western assistance.

The situation over the last 60 years or so is extremely complicated and neither side is completely innocent, or completely to blame. Believe it or not, there is actually a significant minority in Israel that empathizes with the Palestinians, primarily because Israel has open sources of information, and gets to hear at least some of each side.

If the Palestinian ever wised up and stopped lobbing rockets at the Israelis eventually world opinion and even opinion in Israel would begin to bear on Israeli leaders to the point where Israel would eventually give them some of the things they want. As it is, they have some of the worst leaders possible, although in truth the reason they are elected is because they promise to fight, which is what the mistaken palestinian people think will save them. They still think that Allah will eventually save them.

#21 -Painted Fan-

-Painted Fan-

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:33 PM

These people have been fighting for thousands of years and I don't see an end in sight. It all started with a guy named Abraham.

#22 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:35 PM

These people have been fighting for thousands of years and I don't see an end in sight. It all started with a guy named Abraham.

I knew there was another reason I didn't like John Abraham. :)

#23 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:46 PM

BTW, does anyone here actually know when the US started providing major economic and military assistance to Israel, and the primary reason why? I will give you a hint. It wasn't because of Right wing republican or religious support, and it wasn't started by a republican president.

#24 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,234 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:49 PM

Hilarious that someone defends the election of Hamas. Stunning in fact.
And this seems to be the only way for the Muslims to get fired up enough to publicly protests.
Talk about kool aid drinkers.

If Hamas was all that in terms of a political voice they would, you know, TALK more.
But these guys are like a bad drunk. They keep making the same mistakes over and over again expecting something new to happen.

And we have all said it, both sides are too blame. But take a step back and view this objectively.
Finally, what makes this even DUMBER and more insane is Hamas not only keeps doing the same dumb stuff over and over again, but they literally bring a knife to a gun fight.
Hamas and the Palenstinians need a MLK like figure because all the choices they have chosen ain't working out too well.
I have suggested this book a thousand times but read Longitudes and Attitudes by Thomas Friedman.
Get a clearer perspective on this.

#25 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,763 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:04 PM

The reason we started supporting Israel in a big way had more to do with the Soviets than anything else.

#26 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:34 PM

The reason we started supporting Israel in a big way had more to do with the Soviets than anything else.

Not really. Economic and military support to Israel and Egypt were a part of the Camp David Peace accords. US government support prior to that time was mostly diplomatic in nature.

The Israelis did use some american military equipment prior to the camp david accords, but up till then, the majority of Israeli military equipment was from France or some other European nation. And it was mostly paid for in cash, not a discounted government assistance package.

#27 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:46 PM

Not really. Economic and military support to Israel and Egypt were a part of the Camp David Peace accords. US government support prior to that time was mostly diplomatic in nature.

The Israelis did use some american military equipment prior to the camp david accords, but up till then, the majority of Israeli military equipment was from France or some other European nation. And it was mostly paid for in cash, not a discounted government assistance package.

A voice of reason in this "blame it on Israel" thread?

#28 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,429 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:55 PM

It's not a 'blame Israel' thread. It's the 'we don't buy the 1984-like vocabulary in reporting on the conflict' thread.

And why do people seem to think that:

A) People don't know that the PLO and Hamas are run by crooks
B) This in turns justifies Israel's barbaric treatment of the Palistians.

#29 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 06:25 PM

It's not a 'blame Israel' thread. It's the 'we don't buy the 1984-like vocabulary in reporting on the conflict' thread.

And why do people seem to think that:

A) People don't know that the PLO and Hamas are run by crooks
B) This in turns justifies Israel's barbaric treatment of the Palistians.

Is Israel's treatment Barbaric? They blocked the borders in order to convince Hamas to stop lobbing rockets into Israeli territory. It wasn't the right move, but it certainly wasn't barbaric. Eventually they responded with military force, which Hamas leaders expected, and some probably wanted, in order to garner more support from its Arab neighbors.

I think that some in Hamas want Israel's Arab neighbors to renounce the Camp David accords and attack Israel. They would love to see a more radical government come to power in Egypt and other nations.

#30 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,234 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 04 January 2009 - 06:51 PM

Is Israel's treatment Barbaric? They blocked the borders in order to convince Hamas to stop lobbing rockets into Israeli territory. It wasn't the right move, but it certainly wasn't barbaric. Eventually they responded with military force, which Hamas leaders expected, and some probably wanted, in order to garner more support from its Arab neighbors.
I think that some in Hamas want Israel's Arab neighbors to renounce the Camp David accords and attack Israel. They would love to see a more radical government come to power in Egypt and other nations.

Game set and match. This is EXACTLY what Hamas wants. So does Iran, Egypt, Saudi Arabia etc. :mad2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.