Photo
- - - - -

Anyone know when the Jake press conference is?

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#91 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:29 PM

Someone link the vid :(

#92 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:30 PM

Yes that would be a reason to cry.

Yea, and over-masculinization starts a lot of wars fights, kills innocent people etc etc etc

wars are not started by over-masculinization.... maybe back in Greek and Roman times. Todays wars are motivated by Religion, Money, and .... well, that pretty much sums it up

#93 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:31 PM

how did we get so off topic?

#94 Rhys

Rhys

Not Rhys Lloyd

• ALL-PRO
  • 926 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:36 PM

wars are not started by over-masculinization.... maybe back in Greek and Roman times. Todays wars are motivated by Religion, Money, and .... well, that pretty much sums it up

Ok, maybe not large wars, but I'm sure over-masculinization has a lot to do with wars in third-world countries. Also, gang violence comes to mind.

#95 Rhys

Rhys

Not Rhys Lloyd

• ALL-PRO
  • 926 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:36 PM

how did we get so off topic?

Dunno really. I do know that NC State rules ECU though... ;)

#96 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:38 PM

One thing that I did find interesting was Jake said "He was trying to not make mistakes this past year" and was basically playing out of his element of "slinging it". I really do believe that Arizona game was the FINAL draw for him. No way should he have got that extension...sorta sad that he tried to change his whole philosophy to appease angry Panthers fans.

I did laugh a bit because he cried ALOT. Does that make me a bad person? :(

#97 Rhys

Rhys

Not Rhys Lloyd

• ALL-PRO
  • 926 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:43 PM

Maybe SMF is secretly jealous. I'm not sure he's ever loved anything as much as Jake loves football and the Panthers.

Of course, i'm not really sure SMF is capable of love.

...I take that back, he is extremely jealous about the money Jake is receiving, so he could possibly harbor some type of love for large quantities of money?

Ok, that might be a stretch. Sorry.

#98 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:47 PM

nc state < ECU It is just a known fact

#99 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,044 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:49 PM

One thing that I did find interesting was Jake said "He was trying to not make mistakes this past year" and was basically playing out of his element of "slinging it". I really do believe that Arizona game was the FINAL draw for him. No way should he have got that extension...sorta sad that he tried to change his whole philosophy to appease angry Panthers fans.

I did laugh a bit because he cried ALOT. Does that make me a bad person? :(

Yup, I don't think his struggles had anything to do with the Tommy John surgery - I think his confidence was rocked in the Arizona playoff game and he never got it back, started playing scared and tight.

#100 Rhys

Rhys

Not Rhys Lloyd

• ALL-PRO
  • 926 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:52 PM

http://www.nfl.com/v...Delhomme-reacts

For anyone who didn't see it.

Still feel bad for the guy... If he was nothing else, can we at least agree a Jake is a good guy. Or are you cold-hearted bastards sticking with the 'pussy' tag?

#101 CatfanMO

CatfanMO

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  • LocationKC Mo

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:59 PM

http://www.nfl.com/v...Delhomme-reacts

For anyone who didn't see it.

Still feel bad for the guy... If he was nothing else, can we at least agree a Jake is a good guy. Or are you cold-hearted bastards sticking with the 'pussy' tag?

Yeah I feel bad, but he is still getting paid big time... Put yourself in his shoes. What would you do with that money to get fired?

#102 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,044 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:16 PM

Some of us fans really are hypocrites, we want these guys to put their heart and soul into OUR team and when they do and it's over, we call them pussies for getting emotional about it.

Some of the same folks on here complain that Peppers "never cared about this team". Jake and Fox did/do and they cried today when their long and mostly successful relationship on this team ended... so which do you want, guys that don't care and don't cry when it's over or guys that care enough to cry when it's over?

#103 Rhys

Rhys

Not Rhys Lloyd

• ALL-PRO
  • 926 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:26 PM

Some of us fans really are hypocrites, we want these guys to put their heart and soul into OUR team and when they do and it's over, we call them pussies for getting emotional about it.

Some of the same folks on here complain that Peppers "never cared about this team". Jake and Fox did/do and they cried today when their long and mostly successful relationship on this team ended... so which do you want, guys that don't care and don't cry when it's over or guys that care enough to cry when it's over?

It's just a stupid mob mentality. We did terribly last year so nothing anyone does is right.

#104 Bobby

Bobby

Czar of Czars

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:27 PM

Honestly, watching his press conference really made me wish ...... HE WAS A BETTER QB!!

1 NFC Championship, 2 NFC South Championships.

What a shocking player he was!

#105 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Member from WAAAYY Back

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,281 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:33 PM

So I know the feeling. 25 years in the Navy and I had to go. The military is a young man's job. When I left it hurt, it hurt bad. When I took that uniform off, I cried. I gave my youth to the Navy and this country, I poured my heart and soul into it. And when I had to go I cried and cried hard.

Think back to the Chicago game a couple of years ago when Jake got hammered. He was ranting and raving like a bull getting stuck with a hot cattle prod. But you knew, that was a mistake. Jake at that moment, wasn't gonna let us lose. Game Over. He willed his team to win, he did it more than once. Those come from behind wins, came from his nature to give it all.

You take all the passion, fire and desire to be the very best, away it is gonna hurt. BAD. Every year for about 5 yrs we talked about drafting this and that but rarely did we talk about QB. Except for the haters. We didn't need to. We had our leader. Jake was the man. God knows, I believe it was time for him to step down You don't play like he did and just shut it down. I could see this day coming.

Those of you the call him names and think it is about money. Get a life or go F_k yourselves. Not every player is about money. I would bet Jake would give all of it back to have his skill level back to where it was when he was on top of his game.

WOW truly unbelievable. The man was The Carolina Panthers and you think it is just a game. WTFever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com