Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fox getting teary eyed while talking about Jake's release...

222 posts in this topic

Posted

Some of us fans really are hypocrites, we want these guys to put their heart and soul into OUR team and when they do and it's over, we call them pussies for getting emotional about it.

Some of the same folks on here complain that Peppers "never cared about this team". Jake and Fox did/do and they cried today when their long and mostly successful relationship on this team ended... so which do you want, guys that don't care and don't cry when it's over or guys that care enough to cry when it's over?

1 person likes this

Posted

Some of us fans really are hypocrites, we want these guys to put their heart and soul into OUR team and when they do and it's over, we call them pussies for getting emotional about it.

Some of the same folks on here complain that Peppers "never cared about this team". Jake and Fox did/do and they cried today when their long and mostly successful relationship on this team ended... so which do you want, guys that don't care and don't cry when it's over or guys that care enough to cry when it's over?

Crying like that shows a lack of caring about the team and more about caring for the individual. Thanks for helping me see that.

Posted

Gross will be on primetime with packman. 4:00 hour

Posted

Oh lord...I know he is going to bawl or whine

Posted

I have an appointment with my attorney tomorrow. I think I'll cry for that too.

Posted

Crying like that shows a lack of caring about the team and more about caring for the individual. Thanks for helping me see that.

Huh?

Posted

Anybody pick this up?

Posted

I have no problem with a coach being emotional.

Dick Vermeil, Marv Levy and Bill Walsh all were known to show their emotions from time to time, and they were pretty successful.

Posted

You've done it? (just injecting some P55 logic here)

Then get it right. He has at least done one or the other. You have done nothing so you don't know how they feel. Football is not strictly a business for the players. There is a business side to it but anytime you do something that can end your career on one play is becomes more than a business. Do you think that Firefighters think of their jobs as strictly a business. How about Police officers. Regardless of the salary, people who put their bodies on the line and do dangerous things for a living develop a bond with each other and see their profession as more than a business. All of you can make fun of the army comparisons and while no one says they are exactly the same, the point that men develop strong bonds when they work hours upon hours in physically demanding jobs in which team work and working as a unit is stressed daily. That teamwork or esprit de corps under duress is a large factor in developing this emotional bond which is unlike other jobs. Only someone who has experienced it can honestly know what it feels like.

Those of you who deride it by your comments make it apparent you have no idea what it is or what you are talking about. But carry on it hasn't stopped you yet.

Posted

Note to Zod:

Next time, use lube on MC and P55.

Note to Ragin Bull.

Don't sound so disappointed he didn't pick you.

Posted

Oh great now we're drawing the firemen and policemen comparisions. The military, the police, and firemen actually do a dangerous underpaid service to the community...this is getting rediculous.

Posted

I love all the internet message board tough-guys here calling Jake and Fox pussies for crying... must be nice to sit behind your keyboard and tell everyone how tough you are.

If you put as much heart and soul into something as Jake put into this team and don't cry when it's over, then you are a sociopath and you should be locked up somewhere.

Fox owes his success as a HC in large part to Jake... for 7 years these guys have worked, ate and slept on how to make each other and the Carolina Panthers successful and now that's over. Any good coach is more than just a coach to his players. How can a coach inspire his team if they just think of him as "the boss"?

There are allot of 13 year-old boys on here that get uncomfortable watching a grown man cry... I feel sorry for anyone that has never experienced anything powerful enough to make them cry, some of you need to get out from behind the keyboard and get a life.

Word. Some folks are just immature & laugh at people's crying while making up excuses. They don't want to admit they don't cry at all. Don't lie, pussies. :rolleyes:

And I'm sure many were crying too when Minter announce his retirement too. You just don't want to see the video of it so you can make excuses about Jake's press conference.