Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fox getting teary eyed while talking about Jake's release...

222 posts in this topic

Posted

Give me a mutha fuggin break.

Show me a coach who gets all emotional and teary eyed when cutting a player that performed terribly and I will show you a coach that gets too emotionally attached to his players to make sound decisions.

Good lord John, he is going to go play for another entertainment company. Reach down and check your ball sack. Man up, pussy.

Love,

Zod

Have you ever had to fire a good friend that did everything you ever asked them to do to the best of their ability? The NFL may be a harsh business, but that doesn't mean everybody involved has to be completely heartless.

2 people like this

Posted

I cried every week that Fox kept Jake as the starter for the past 2 years...he deserves to feel all that pain.

2 people like this

Posted

That was the most pathetic thing I seen from John Fox..

Every rumor about "Fox & Delhomme" and all that stuff was confirmed finally today.

Posted

Have you ever had to fire a good friend that did everything you ever asked them to do to the best of their ability? The NFL may be a harsh business, but that doesn't mean everybody involved has to be completely heartless.

Bosses should not become "good friends" with their employees if keeping the company in peak competitive condition is a priority. It clouds sound decision making in business. You may find yourself making a piss poor decision over and over again just to avoid an awkward and hurtful personal situation.

Sound familiar?

Posted

He was asked to be a turnover machine? Damn, our FO must be retarded.

Posted

When u start getting personal with your employees is when you get screwed. If you are worrying about your personal relationships with your employees over making sure your business is running correctly than you are doing something truly wrong.

Posted

Poor John Fox :cryin:

Posted

Yeah it sucks that our coach cares about people and players. I'd rather have a coach that has 0 relationship and no respect going either way.

1 person likes this

Posted

Bosses should not become "good friends" with their employees if keeping the company in peak competitive condition is a priority. It clouds sound decision making in business. You may find yourself making a piss poor decision over and over again just to avoid an awkward and hurtful personal situation.

Exactly. That's business 101. And like it or not, the NFL is a business...BIG business. Keep the fraternization to a minimum.

Posted

Yeah it sucks that our coach cares about people and players. I'd rather have a coach that has 0 relationship and no respect going either way.

Yeah, because players sure do respect a head coach that keeps starting god awful players because they are BFF.

;)

Posted

Does anybody have a link to a clip of this

Posted

Delhomme was a big part of the franchise for a very long time I don't see a problem with Fox getting teary eyed. Most of you didn't have a problem with it when Minter left the game. Just because his talented is faded doesn't mean we can't recognize what he's been for not just the franchise, but the team and players as well. That being said Moore should have been playing since week 3 last season, and he should have seen time vs the cardinals. Delhomme held us back as a player and it's time to move on.