Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Fox getting teary eyed while talking about Jake's release...

222 posts in this topic

Comparing the NFL to the armed forces is probably one of the more asinine things this forum has seen.

lol

2 people like this

Will you be my BFF?

Only if you ban me from the Tinderbox. Help me with this sick addiction.

Seriously a bff would do it.

Coaching and Football aren't the same as most company jobs. Guys like Hurney who are strivtly business types are the ones to keep distance but coaches are alot like squad leaders in the army. When you go to battle with everyone every day and pour everything you have in trying to win, emotions are part of it. Football is an emotional game and consequently players and coaches develop bonds different from your average CEO to employee relationship. Many coaches are very emotion and getting attached to the leaders of your team is perfectly normal. Anyone who doesn't know that obviously has never played sports or coached at any level. it is one of the occupational hazards of coaching.

Look at Cowher who many think should be the next coach. Anyone think he is not emotional or doesn't have loyalties and favorites? Seifert was known as a distached unemotional coach who didn't mix with the players or let his feelings get involved in decision making. How did that work out?

Hey I can play that game! You think Parcells or Bellicheck would cry over having to cut a QB that just threw 18 picks?

That is a fact. Personal friendship was a big reason why Fox couldn't bench Delhomme. Fox even said so himself. It's over. The truth has come out.

Really? I must have missed that. If that is true then I stand corrected :)

Not shocking, sally.

They weren't hang out together buddies. They were "been through the wars together buddies." As a touchy-feely anti-war liberal, you wouldn't know that feeling.

lol at Cat not posting on the Tinderbox. Never Gonna Happen!

That is a fact. Personal friendship was a big reason why Fox couldn't bench Delhomme. Fox even said so himself. It's over. The truth has come out.

You need a shoulder?

:rolleyes:

BTW, I have heard Brentson Buckner say that it was Hurney that got more emotionally attached to players than Fox did while he was there, so you really don't know a damned thing.

They weren't hang out together buddies. They were "been through the wars together buddies." As a touchy-feely anti-war liberal, you wouldn't know that feeling.

You spooned with them didn't you?

Zod could make it happen!!! PLEASE

Whoa whoa whoa. Hold on there that's ridiculous to compare it that way I know people & have family in the military & that's not the same thing.

It is analogous. The guys who make the decisions are sitting back in headquarters and never see the faces of the kids they send into battle so they can make a rational decisionand allow acceptable losses. Ask the squad leader who is with his men every day about acceptable losses and not being emotional and he would give you a very different answer. Sure football isn't life or death but surely it is emotional and has many of the same correlaries.

I agree, it's one thing to likw your QB when he is playing well, but you cant put personal feelings in front of winning, I mean that is the whole point of the game right???? I am a hardcore panthers fan and I know Matt Moore will do great for us and honestly I hopw we can re-sign Jake for a league minimum as a back up because he knows are systme very well and regardless of the last season he has always been inconsistant

It is analogous.

Sure it is, but a piss poor one.