#46 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:24 PM

http://catcrave.com/...ay-in-carolina/

Thats probably all Hayden (he played at the end of 08 as well). I could have swore both Tank and Leonard started a full season before. Its actually worse then I thought. We have Meeks though and I still see us signing a couple of vets for 1 year deals.

#47 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:28 PM

Thats probably all Hayden (he played at the end of 08 as well). I could have swore both Tank and Leonard started a full season before. Its actually worse then I thought. We have Meeks though and I still see us signing a couple of vets for 1 year deals.

They did Tyler has 19 starts and Leonard has 5. Hayden has 3 and Johnson has 21 starts. Not nearly as bad 48 starts all together. Not good either but not as bad as 4.

#48 Lonestar13

Lonestar13

Mike Hawk is Bigger

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:24 PM

chbright, i think you will be dissappointed when we don't take a DT in this years draft. We already have 6 DTs under contract. The signing of Ed Johnson ensured that we do not take one in the draft.. we have too many holes to fill.

Louis Leonard
Tank Tyler
Ed Johnson
Corvey Irvin
Nick Hayden
Derek Landri

i agree with you, i think of those 6 only 4 will actually still be around after training camp, its anyones guess who stays and who goes but i'd feel okay with letting Hayden and Landri go since Irvin was drafted higher if my memory is correct and we gave up picks for Tyler and I think Leonard, so DT is not a pressing need:

DE - say what you will, Brown is Freeney lite we need more pressure off the edge and from who is left they are just solid backups
OLB - if Davis re-signs this need drops
WR - Moose can't out run father time for too much longer, we need a #2 guy that could eventually become that #1 when Smitty's reign is done
OL - losing Gross and Otah, as well as Hangartner to FAgency last season hurt BIG more versatile depth is always needed
QB - It's Moore's time but we need to add talent through draft
S - Godfrey project is almost an epic fail, need to retool
K - its time to hand over the riens to Lloyd or bring in someone new, but the Original Carolina Panther may need to ride off into the sunset now

#49 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 04:07 PM

I AM, you are forgetting about CJ Wilson, he was tendered. He isn't much more than a warm body, but he is still on the roster. So assuming Richard Marshall get's a contract from another team, and we match it, we will still have 4 CBs. We only lost Dante Wesley, so when you look at it that way, CB is not that great of a need.. we are just replacing Dante Wesley from last year's group.

OLB and WR and DE are definitely our biggest needs still.

Good catch (I am I AM btw)...

Still, I count Martin as a FS at this point... he and Godfrey are very similar...

If Marshall is signed elsewhere (which I think we won't match to get a 2nd) that will leave us with Gamble, Munnerlyn, Wilson, and a hybrid CB/S in Martin... I think we need at least someone else capable of playing the nickle slot (as I consider our defense to have 3 starting CBs) and if Gamble, Munnerlyn, or Martin go down, that leaves us with Wilson potentially starting...

If Marshall isn't gone, we'll be alright, but I still think CB is a need later on in the draft, for depth/ST purposes if nothing else...

#50 Woodie

Woodie

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:15 PM

Good catch (I am I AM btw)...

Still, I count Martin as a FS at this point... he and Godfrey are very similar...

If Marshall is signed elsewhere (which I think we won't match to get a 2nd) that will leave us with Gamble, Munnerlyn, Wilson, and a hybrid CB/S in Martin... I think we need at least someone else capable of playing the nickle slot (as I consider our defense to have 3 starting CBs) and if Gamble, Munnerlyn, or Martin go down, that leaves us with Wilson potentially starting...

If Marshall isn't gone, we'll be alright, but I still think CB is a need later on in the draft, for depth/ST purposes if nothing else...

I agree that if Marshall is signed by someone else, we'll take the second. But I really think a lot depends on what they think of Martin. Prior to the rash of injuries at Safety during camp last year, Martin was clearly ahead of Munnerlyn on the CB depth chart (he came in at least a quarter or more before Munnerlyn, usually at the end of the 2nd quarter against the 2's and 3's, while Captain came in during the 4th against the 3's and 4's) and only moved to Safety after the Wesley experiment failed. So it comes down to whether or not the coaches still view Martin as a primary CB and emergency FS, or just a FS now.

My guess is that with how much better Godfrey played after coming back from his injury, along with Martin being a second round pick, they will try him back at CB since they want to get their best players on the field.

#51 Rononoa3000

Rononoa3000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:25 PM

If Marshall leaves we get a 2nd rounder. That is a high possiblity I believe.

Round 2: QB Colt McCoy
Round 2: WR Marty Gilyard
Round 3: DE Jermaine Cunningham
Round 4: LB Perry Riley
Round 6: WR Riley Cooper
Round 6: SS Kyle McCarthy
Round 7: CB Crezdon Butler
Round 7: OT Jason Fox

#52 TerriblePizza

TerriblePizza

Bringin dat Gamecock swag

• HUDDLER
  • 2,221 posts
  • LocationCamden, SC

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:49 PM

I like that draft.

#53 DynastyRTR

DynastyRTR

newnfldraft.com writer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:08 PM

riley cooper would be a steal in the 6th, so would jason fox in the 7th. here's mymock if we get a 2nd for marshall.

2-Jerry Hughes-DE(TCU) or Austen Lane-DE(Murray State)
2-Mardy Gilyard-WR(Cincinnatti) or Damian Williams-WR(USC)
3-Jevan Snead-QB(Ole Miss) or The Golden Calf of Bristol-QB(Florida)
4-Riley Cooper-WR(Florida) or Eric Decker-WR(Minnesota)
6-O'Brien Schofield-OLB(Wisconsin) or Kavell Conner-OLB(Clemson)
6-Kyle Jolly-OT(North Carolina) or Chris Scott-OT(Tennessee)
7-Earl Mitchell-DT(Arizona) or Brandon Deaderick-DT(Alabama)
7-Chris DeGeare-OG(Wake Forest) or Shelly Smith-OG(Colorado State)

#54 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:32 PM

riley cooper would be a steal in the 6th, so would jason fox in the 7th. here's mymock if we get a 2nd for marshall.

2-Jerry Hughes-DE(TCU) or Austen Lane-DE(Murray State)
2-Mardy Gilyard-WR(Cincinnatti) or Damian Williams-WR(USC)
3-Jevan Snead-QB(Ole Miss) or The Golden Calf of Bristol-QB(Florida)
4-Riley Cooper-WR(Florida) or Eric Decker-WR(Minnesota)
6-O'Brien Schofield-OLB(Wisconsin) or Kavell Conner-OLB(Clemson)
6-Kyle Jolly-OT(North Carolina) or Chris Scott-OT(Tennessee)
7-Earl Mitchell-DT(Arizona) or Brandon Deaderick-DT(Alabama)
7-Chris DeGeare-OG(Wake Forest) or Shelly Smith-OG(Colorado State)

Thats because it would never happen. I don't see him making out of the 4th at the latest.

#55 AnalyzeThIs#28

AnalyzeThIs#28

Beware of Smash&Dash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:33 PM

i think leonard and tyler are the starters a DT... with irvin as depth. still room to add one or two... but i think the pass rush from DE is most critical. we need to pressure the QB. brown showed flashes but peppers he is not.

oh that scares me... Tank Tyler as a starter? and leonard is so-so....

We need some DT's bad, even if it's through free agency. After pretty much loosing the entire starting D-Line, are rush-D is going to be one of the worst in the league if that problem isn't addressed.

Not to worried about DB's for now. Of course we need a good WR... what ya'll think about Jordan Shipley?

#56 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:10 PM

oh that scares me... Tank Tyler as a starter? and leonard is so-so....

We need some DT's bad, even if it's through free agency. After pretty much loosing the entire starting D-Line, are rush-D is going to be one of the worst in the league if that problem isn't addressed.

Not to worried about DB's for now. Of course we need a good WR... what ya'll think about Jordan Shipley?

Tank started 16 games for KC in 08 and had 41 tackles (he also put up 42 reps at the combine a couple a years ago so you know he has strength and it shows). Leonard looked great before he got injured. CJ is IMO a more consistent pass rusher and is better against the run then Pep.

Brown showed he can get very good pressure off the edge. I still don't think were set, I think we need to add a few vets and a draft pick or 2. I actually wouldn't mind entering the 10 season with the starters as it sits now but we do need rotational guys and depth.

#57 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:06 PM

hey guys, if Marshall leaves, one of those 2nd rounders we have will be used on a CB.

#58 DynastyRTR

DynastyRTR

newnfldraft.com writer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:51 AM

hey guys, if Marshall leaves, one of those 2nd rounders we have will be used on a CB.

Kareem Jackson or Devin McCourty please

#59 Rononoa3000

Rononoa3000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:02 PM

Yeah this was my wishful thinking.

We would have two starters if he left. Gamble and Munnerlyn can hold that down. I think leaving Martin and Godfrey at FS is wasting talent. They should both be on the field. They both know how to play CB and FS.

#60 Rags

Rags

help

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 08 March 2010 - 02:06 AM

I'll pass on the weak-armed pansy QB. Kthnx.

EDIT:

Brandon Ghee, Wake Forest

Edited by Rags, 08 March 2010 - 02:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.