Photo
- - - - -

So who would we rather face? Arizona or Minn?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:49 AM

If Philly wins @ Minnesota, they will probably beat the Giants which means if we beat Arizona we get to host NFCCG.

On the other hand, we match up better against Minnesota. I don't think we can hang with Arizona's WR corps. Our chances of making the NFCCG are not as good against them.

What say you?!

#2 George Shinnsplints

George Shinnsplints

Franchise Destroyer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:58 AM

Good grief, this is like the 20th thread on this subject (although I guess it's the first devoted solely to this question since the AZ game went final). Opinion is pretty well-split on this board, perhaps evenly so. I'd rather play MN, but I'll leave the explanation why to one of the other 19 threads.

#3 holyfield

holyfield

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:11 AM

Arizona
1. they won't be able to hang with the time change, temperature, physicality of the Panthers, etc.
2. that means the Eagles beat the Vikings, and Philly is the only team I see knocking the g-men off for us just because of the familiarity.

ideal situation would be philly @ carolina in the NFCCG, which would get a lot of hype, being a rematch of 2004 (2003 season) with home field flipped.

#4 Blue Heaven

Blue Heaven

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:12 AM

If Philly wins @ Minnesota, they will probably beat the Giants which means if we beat Arizona we get to host NFCCG.

On the other hand, we match up better against Minnesota. I don't think we can hang with Arizona's WR corps. Our chances of making the NFCCG are not as good against them.

What say you?!

We need Philly to win so they can beat the hell out of NYG and we get home field advantage throughout the playoffs...

#5 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:29 AM

I dont think we really matchup all that well with Minnesota. They can stop or atleast slow down our running game and with Peterson they can take advantage of our weaness at run stopping.

Arizona IMO doesnt have the defence to keep our passing or running game in check. They also dont have much to take advatage of our runstopping weakenss. That being said they fought us close at our house.

#6 2plankingpanther

2plankingpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:18 AM

I'd rather play the vikes,the Panthers would step up more to get revenge on them.The cards gave us a real hard time the last time and they would have the revenge factor going for them.If we win the divisional,I don't mind the Panthers traveling to NY to play the Giants.

#7 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,603 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:00 AM

You can come up with good reasons why every team out there matches up well against the Panthers. The Vikings stop the run and run well, and Arizona just stuffed Turner and can score from anywhere on the field. The Eagles have a great defense and the Giants can run all over you.

The Panthers hit you with one of the most balanced offensive attacks you're going to find. Play like Denver and shut down our run, and Smitty will hurt you bad. Double cover Smith and Williams will go wild. Remember when the Giants were thought to be good against the run?

On defense we have a great starting 11. Until Kemo went down our run defense was stout, and he's back now. New York got most of their running yards against third string defensive tackles, even without Kemo we were controlling them for most of the game. We have a great back seven, and if the front four get ANY pressure our pass defense is one of the leagues best.

So I don't really give a damn who we end up facing. Worrying about matchups is something the other team is going to have to do, we just want someone to show up in visitor uniforms so we can put the hurt on.

#8 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:03 AM

So I don't really give a damn who we end up facing. Worrying about matchups is something the other team is going to have to do, we just want someone to show up in visitor uniforms so we can put the hurt on.

Well said Mr Cyberjag.

#9 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 31,489 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:13 AM

Arizona
1. they won't be able to hang with the time change, temperature, physicality of the Panthers, etc.
2. that means the Eagles beat the Vikings, and Philly is the only team I see knocking the g-men off for us just because of the familiarity.

ideal situation would be philly @ carolina in the NFCCG, which would get a lot of hype, being a rematch of 2004 (2003 season) with home field flipped.

This is exactly how I was thinking about it... I'd love for us to have home field for the NFCCG and this is the best scenario for that.

Also, Cyberjag has a good point because the games are what they are, and in the end we'll just have to play who we draw and beat them... but at least this way I'll have a reason to watch the other games and root for a specific team.

#10 Wolfcop

Wolfcop

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:25 AM

I am more worried about AZ than Minn, but I think we will be ready for whichever team we play (at home). And, Boldin did pull a hamstring and he is really banged up right now. He did not play at all in the second half. AZs defense won that game. Without all the sacks and that defensive touchdown the Fowlcunts won have won.

#11 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:46 AM

We need Philly to win so they can beat the hell out of NYG and we get home field advantage throughout the playoffs...

That is what I am thinking - I dont think AZ would have a chance.

#12 JJT

JJT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:51 AM

Word.

Carolina Panthers bringin' da pain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.