Photo
- - - - -

As much grief as I've given them, I think the Panther FO has been brilliant lately

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,715 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:02 PM

Since I have an unfair reputation as always being a "negative nancy", I thought I would bring some encouragement to some fans by showing that even someone as cynical as me thinks the Panther FO has been nailing their decisions this past week.

Letting all these veteran, long-time Panthers go was absolutely the correct thing to do. What this team needs more than *anything* is a sense of freshness to it. All of these guys that aren't coming back are anything but fresh. When you think back to the first decade of Panther football played this millennium, what two words come to mind? For me it would be inconsistency and mediocrity. The poster children for that stale inconsistency and mediocrity are guys like Jake Delhomme and Julius Peppers.

So even if the team does NOT go out and get free agents to rebuild, I'm still going to support their moves this week. I would much rather see young guys like Matt Moore and Everette Brown and Dan Connor and Louis Leonard get chances to prove themselves like these old vets that were just released got somewhere themselves. I'd much rather see them than the same old, unexciting, stale faces of mediocrity that have REALLY depressed this fanbase over the past year.

So I hope you guys are as giddy as I am. These were tough cuts, but today is the proudest I've been to be a Panther fan in a long, long time.

#2 charlottenian

charlottenian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:06 PM

they have made some really tough decisions and have shook this team to the core, I think we had to do this in order to move forward. If another cap is implemented the Panthers should be in great shape cap wise

#3 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• HUDDLER
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:12 PM

Pretty much the opposite here.

We got cheaper, not better. Love that we mix a player purge with an anemic set of draft picks and no interest in free agency.

At least the organization is buffered for a work stoppage I guess.

#4 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:13 PM

Since I have an unfair reputation as always being a "negative nancy", I thought I would bring some encouragement to some fans by showing that even someone as cynical as me thinks the Panther FO has been nailing their decisions this past week.

Letting all these veteran, long-time Panthers go was absolutely the correct thing to do. What this team needs more than *anything* is a sense of freshness to it. All of these guys that aren't coming back are anything but fresh. When you think back to the first decade of Panther football played this millennium, what two words come to mind? For me it would be inconsistency and mediocrity. The poster children for that stale inconsistency and mediocrity are guys like Jake Delhomme and Julius Peppers.

So even if the team does NOT go out and get free agents to rebuild, I'm still going to support their moves this week. I would much rather see young guys like Matt Moore and Everette Brown and Dan Connor and Louis Leonard get chances to prove themselves like these old vets that were just released got somewhere themselves. I'd much rather see them than the same old, unexciting, stale faces of mediocrity that have REALLY depressed this fanbase over the past year.

So I hope you guys are as giddy as I am. These were tough cuts, but today is the proudest I've been to be a Panther fan in a long, long time.

agreed here. i'm pretty behind everything that they have done.

#5 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,823 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:15 PM

And as soon as we lose a few games you'll resume the endless crying about how stupid everyone is.

#6 NFL Executive

NFL Executive

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:21 PM

And as soon as we lose a few games you'll resume the endless crying about how stupid everyone is.

this... sadly that is what will happen. Everyone somehow thinks they know more about the team than the team knows about the team. *sigh* Why most everyone bash the FO after we lose a game? Its the clueless that "know everything."

#7 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,715 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:26 PM

Depends on WHY we're losing those games. I never hate just to hate.

#8 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,032 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:27 PM

The only move I do not like is letting Brayton go.

JR is saying I am willing to sacrifice my team in 2010 for the NFL.

#9 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,823 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:28 PM

lol ok then, what's an acceptable reason to lose according to SMF?

#10 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,333 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:29 PM

The only move I do not like is letting Brayton go.

JR is saying I am willing to sacrifice my team in 2010 for the NFL.

him and cutting Diggs is what I don't agree with.

#11 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,196 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:31 PM

All these moves will be brilliant when they replace who they've cut with equal value. Right now, back-ups have been promoted to start. Some deserve it. But this means...they're no longer back-ups and if they get injured (or suck), we ain't got nobody. So hopefully over the next month we see some names come in, whether as starters or back-ups. We can't count on the draft. It's always a gamble.

#12 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,715 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:31 PM

The absolute max that Brayton and Diggs can give is average. Whenever that's the case, I'm not going to shed many tears when they leave.

#13 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,036 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:32 PM

i agree with smf.

what the team needed is exactly what it got the last quarter of the season...young, hungry, and eager to prove a point.

i'm actually looking forward to next season.

#14 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:32 PM

The fact we cut Delhomme makes this at LEAST an B+ offseason for me. Honestly, I like the youth movement. We've been burying guys for years under Fox. Like some had said though...the Diggs move pissed me off a bit, but I guess we can't trust a "veteran" under Fox. :(

#15 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:36 PM

Nope all we need is an explosive receiver and we set

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.