34 replies to this topic

#1 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,147 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:33 AM

If you have a buddy who is a cop, take him with you. It's real easy to get tickets from the side of the street for twenty bucks if your off duty cop friend flashes his badge in front of the scalper who's been trying to sell you decent seats at twice face value.

Too bad he has work next weekend... ah well.

#2 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:46 AM

Why not just have your buddy flash a fake badge?

#3 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:25 PM

I don't think that is a problem any longer. Scalping is now obviously legal. You can find many examples at the ticket exchange on Panthers.com. Those guys selling tickets for 2X face on the street are not breaking the law. As long as the tickets are good.

#4 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:30 PM

Scalping is still not legal on the streets - only on the internet through websites that gives buyers some kind of guarantee of the authenticity of the tickets

#5 charlottenian

charlottenian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:53 PM

just bought me one of these on eBay

Posted Image

#6 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:30 PM

I would hope to be considered innocent unless my tickets are proven to be counterfeit. I have just as much right to sell my tickets for profit as anyone if it is legal. If people need tickets, I am serving a need. That's what I would say in court if arrested. But NO, I am not selling my tickets.

#7 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:02 PM

It's not legal if you're wanting to scalp your tickets on the street.

And I think it's also illegal to impersonate a police officer Charlottenian

#8 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:44 PM

It's not legal if you're wanting to scalp your tickets on the street.

And I think it's also illegal to impersonate a police officer Charlottenian

Very good point. Mine's not for sale anyway.

#9 freebird4181

freebird4181

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:19 PM

If you have a buddy who is a cop, take him with you. It's real easy to get tickets from the side of the street for twenty bucks if your off duty cop friend flashes his badge in front of the scalper who's been trying to sell you decent seats at twice face value.

Too bad he has work next weekend... ah well.

why not just bring a gun, it's just as legal......... hahaha

#10 Camel

Camel

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:31 PM

The prices usually drop below face value after kickoff.

#11 mush

mush

Tailgate Czar

• Moderators
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:28 PM

Sorry, gotta step in here and tell ya it doesn't go below face before kickoff during a playoff game. I've been here for all of 'em and best you'll ever do is score a face value from an honest fan who is scared of getting caught for scalping due to all the articles in the paper before the game where the Charlotte cops say that they'll be out in full force before this game. They scare you around here and tell you that if you try to sell over face you'll get busted.

Contrary to what people believe scalping on the street is NOT legal. Cops will be out here checking.

Best you will do is find one for face and you'll be damn lucky to do that on Saturday night.

#12 User Name

User Name

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:29 AM

I've been here for all of 'em

All two of them, against the Cowboys the most popular team in the NFL.....

Best you will do is find one for face and you'll be damn lucky to do that on Saturday night.

I disagree, with the opponent tix will be around face on the street, I'll be surprised if online prices don't fall to the 20 to 30 percent over face range by Thursday. Outside of Charlotte this isn't a big game, 72K seats are hard to fill with just Panther fans.

#13 ubecool454

ubecool454

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:21 AM

Is this a State law about re-selling tickets for no more than face value? I sometimes sell my Houston texans extra seats and whatever you can get is ok as long as you don't try to sell them on the Reliant Stadium property. I bet no one is complaining about scalpers when the panthers had a bad year and they have to sell below face value. I guess the panthers psl owners have to be careful with their tickets so they won't end up losing license like some fans in New England did. Just use stubhub or ebay I guess. I think the tickets holders should be able to sell for whatever they can get considering the money they put up for those psl license.

Edited by ubecool454, 05 January 2009 - 10:24 AM.

#14 User Name

User Name

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:49 AM

Is this a State law about re-selling tickets for no more than face value? I sometimes sell my Houston texans extra seats and whatever you can get is ok as long as you don't try to sell them on the Reliant Stadium property. I bet no one is complaining about scalpers when the panthers had a bad year and they have to sell below face value. I guess the panthers psl owners have to be careful with their tickets so they won't end up losing license like some fans in New England did. Just use stubhub or ebay I guess. I think the tickets holders should be able to sell for whatever they can get considering the money they put up for those psl license.

North Carolina temporarily suspended their anti scalping laws for internet sales only back in August The temporary repeal expires in June, and I for one hope they don't make it permenant.

See link

http://www.news-reco...arily_legalized

#15 ubecool454

ubecool454

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:01 AM

North Carolina temporarily suspended their anti scalping laws for internet sales only back in August The temporary repeal expires in June, and I for one hope they don't make it permenant.

See link

http://www.news-reco...arily_legalized

I don't see anything wrong with a psl holder selling his tickets for a profit afterall, they put up some big bucks for those license to be able to buy tickets. I own Texans psl seats and when we were stinking it up really bad we were taking a beating on our ticket prices. It was hard to even get close to face value. I think it evens out because teams will have good years and bad years. I have paid big bucks for panthers tickets off ebay in the past but it was because I don't usually get to see them play in NC so I paid the cost. The Texans actually encourage fans to sell extra tickets on stubhub.com, and if you know anything about them...they are higher than ebay.

Edited by ubecool454, 05 January 2009 - 11:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.