• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#16 HC79

HC79

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:39 PM

GO TO HELL CAROLINA!! Let's see that lead hit 40 pts!!

#17 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:53 PM

Zeller is very good and Strickland has the potential.

They are good, but Zeller has been hampered by injuries his 2 years at UNC and Strickland was 4 star coming out of high school. Next year we'll have the talent and it will be better distributed.

#18 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:06 PM

Dear Henson,

When your team is down by 30 points, yelling after a dunk makes you look very, very silly.

#19 hank pimple butt

hank pimple butt

HALUKEN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • LocationIn your pants USA

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:12 PM

thank god its over!

#20 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:22 PM

Hate to sound this way, but that's exactly what I expected to happen tonight and I enjoyed every minute of it. Nice season, Roy.

#21 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 12:00 AM

Enjoy it d00kies UNC gon beat datass the next 5 years.

#22 STIFFPAWED

STIFFPAWED

Streakin The Quad

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:08 AM

Largest margin of victory against UNC in Cameron history.

#23 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:12 AM

uffffffffaaaaa......that is all I got

#24 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:26 AM

Where is this ton of talent? We have Davis (who's not playing) and Henson (who is a freshmen finally playing where he should be)...other than that we don't have talent like Carolina usually has.

I agree with you there. Roy normally has 5 future NBA players in his starting lineup. Right now he only has more talent than every team other than the top 10 teams in the nation.

John Henson was a top 3 player in the nation coming out of high school. He was ranked higher than DeMarcus Cousins by a lot of scouts. Dexter Strickland was what...the 3rd ranked SG in the class? Larry Drew as 10th in his class (only 2 spots behind the savior at PG...Kendall Marshall). The Wear twins were top 50 players. Deon Thompson is a 3 year starter and Tyler Zeller was a 5 star recruit as well. You guys have talent...boat loads of it.

Lets put it this way...NC State has ONE player on their team that was ranked in the top 50 coming out of HS and he is a double double threat every night. We also have virtually the same record as you guys. Yet...Sid Lowe is seen as a terrible coach. But when Roy puts together a team that is more talented in every aspect (preseason top 5) and he falls on his face, people say its because his players are in fact not talented. Explain that to me..

#25 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:04 AM

problem is Drew just is not that on court leader that Lawson, Felton, Cota, Williams, etc were. Carolina has always had exceptional guard play, and when that player isn't ready or does not have the tools to become an elite guard the team suffers. It is kinda hard to show off the boatloads of talent if you cant get the ball to the them. Also, hard for some players to switch from HS ball to College level ball right away....Sure there are players that can make the transition with ease such as Melo, Corey Maggette, Brandon Wright, John Wall, but others take 2to even 4 years to fully develop. You were right at the beginning of the season by calling out Drew and being right, I have to admit that.

Also, this team has multiple personalities.......half of the team wants to run like the Carolina teams we have seen in the past, while the others want to set up a half court offense.I honestly hate Deon Thompson, and I never have liked him, but I think he would be one of the better players if he was in a "Princeton" style of offense

Edited by Tweeder, 07 March 2010 - 11:17 AM.

#26 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:07 AM

Where do you get this idea that Kendall Marshall is gonna flop, Unicar? From everything I've been reading, he's playing pretty darn good basketball right now. In fact, he hit a clutch 3 in his last game that gave his team a chance to win.

Anyway, congrats to Duke. Now you better go kick ass in the NCAA's like Carolina did last year. I don't want to see the best team in NC flop on the national stage.

#27 Big Ed

Big Ed

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 04:12 PM

IF
U N C makes the N I T

Roy needs to sit Ginyard & Thompson and thank them for their leadership this season

Start next seasons players in N I T and give them more game experience

Ginyard & Thompson need to rest up for Europe basketball.

On court leadership sunk this ship

#28 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:29 AM

Enjoy it d00kies UNC gon beat datass the next 5 years.

Right, keep thinking that. We will be even better next year and you guys still will not have the point guard Roy needs to be successful. I guess you heels fans have to hold on to something, good luck in the NIT.:D

#29 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:12 AM

Where do you get this idea that Kendall Marshall is gonna flop, Unicar? From everything I've been reading, he's playing pretty darn good basketball right now. In fact, he hit a clutch 3 in his last game that gave his team a chance to win.

Anyway, congrats to Duke. Now you better go kick ass in the NCAA's like Carolina did last year. I don't want to see the best team in NC flop on the national stage.

Its not that I think he is going to just flat out suck. The kid is a good basketball player. But it is typical of national pundits to overrate the kid because he signed with Carolina. He wasn't even ranked in the top 50 players nationally before he signed. Carolina fans point to the NBA camp as his "coming out party" but the guy averaged like 10 points and 8 assists for 2 days during a camp. Whereas, guys like Ryan Harrow, Joe Jackson, Kyrie Irving have averaged 30ppg 8 assists per game for an entire season in Atlanta, Memphis, and New Jersey. Arguably the only one that has received more hype than Marshall is Irving.

Marshall is a tall, slow, relatively unathletic point guard. How do you think that is going to work in the Roy Williams offense?

I think that Barnes and Bullock are going to make your team better next year. But over on Carolinablue and IC they are already clamoring for next year, like next year is going to be this masterpiece of a season.

Next season will be better but I still wouldn't say at this point that I would put the 2010-2011 team past the second round of the NCAA tournament. ESPECIALLY since you guys are going to be losing Ed Davis and Deon Thompson. I mean is Tyler Zeller or the Wear twins really able to fill those shoes?? Didn't look like it against Duke the other night.

#30 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:58 AM

Good grief. So now Marshall is slow and unathletic? Do you go and watch every high school basketball game in the country in person or something? How are you such an expert on every Carolina recruit, and why should I take your word on any of this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.