87 replies to this topic

#46 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:40 AM

ok I lied???? Why would I lie? Every game I have seen him in (Which is 3) he beat everybody off of the ball and beat everybody back down court on a few fast breaks, and also took 1 or 2 coast to coast......I am not saying he is the next Lawson or Felton, but the kid has quickness and uses it when need be.(Granted he is not non-stop like Lawson) You give me a choce between Drew and Marshall I would have to wait to see how Marshall transits to a college level, but it looks like to me they are on the same talent level

I think Marshall is more talented coming out of high school than Drew was...I just don't trust freshmen PG's...unless they are on the same plane as Wall or Rose, which Marshall isn't. But that's OK...because K. Irving isn't either.

#47 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:02 AM

ok I lied???? Why would I lie? Every game I have seen him in (Which is 3) he beat everybody off of the ball and beat everybody back down court on a few fast breaks, and also took 1 or 2 coast to coast......I am not saying he is the next Lawson or Felton, but the kid has quickness and uses it when need be.(Granted he is not non-stop like Lawson) You give me a choce between Drew and Marshall I would have to wait to see how Marshall transits to a college level, but it looks like to me they are on the same talent level

I am not saying you lied I just think you are looking at him with carolina blue glasses on and not objectively. I have seen most of the 5 star pg's play this year and I just don't believe that Marshall deserves to be ranked there or make the Mc AA game. There is a distinct difference between Brandon Knight, Kyrie Irving, Josh Selby, and Corey Joseph compared to Kendall Marshall. I am not saying he is not good, I am saying he doesn't deserved to be ranked as a 5 star, he is more along the lines of a Pe'shon Howard or a Tyler Thornton. If Larry Drew doesn't transfer he will be your starter not Marshall, so I don't know how you heels fans feel about that but if I were you that would worry me.

#48 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:08 AM

I think Marshall is more talented coming out of high school than Drew was...I just don't trust freshmen PG's...unless they are on the same plane as Wall or Rose, which Marshall isn't. But that's OK...because K. Irving isn't either.

You obviously haven't seen Irving play then. He is not as quick as Wall but has enough quickness to get to the basket and he is a better shooter then Wall. Plus Duke doesn't need a blow by everybody pg to be successful, I mean we have used Scheyer there for a year and a half. We actually have a coach that will game plan for the strengths of his players and is willing to change to make it work. That 32 point loss must be embarrassing.:D

#49 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:37 PM

A. This is Sid's best team

B. We have a better record than you guys and an equal ACC record. So IDK how you come off tooting the Carolina horn?

C. The reality is that a lot of UNC fans expect to be a national championship contender again just because of Harrison Barnes. I say that the reality is that you guys will be lucky to be in the hunt for the ACC championship with the caliber of guys you are losing.

I also say that NC State has as good a chance at an ACC title as UNC. You guys will say "but we have Roy and you have Sid Lowe." Well the fact of the matter is that Roy sucks this year with 10x more talent than Sid Lowe has ever had. Give them equal talent next year and I really like his chances to beat UNC. Roy is a product of the talent he recruits as seen this year, just like I said at the beginning of the year. Don't doubt me...I have been right all along this year.

Damn dude, didn't you already say that Roy's team is not that talented this year? Make up your mind.

#50 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:34 AM

Damn dude, didn't you already say that Roy's team is not that talented this year? Make up your mind.

No what I said was that Roy's team is not like the teams of years past where he has had NBA players making up his starting five. I called at the beginning of the year that they would struggle. I didn't say they weren't talented...they are very talented. But like I said..Roy got so used to not having to coach that he can no longer coach guys that aren't already better than the other team.

#51 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:36 AM

You obviously haven't seen Irving play then. He is not as quick as Wall but has enough quickness to get to the basket and he is a better shooter then Wall. Plus Duke doesn't need a blow by everybody pg to be successful, I mean we have used Scheyer there for a year and a half. We actually have a coach that will game plan for the strengths of his players and is willing to change to make it work. That 32 point loss must be embarrassing.:D

Yes I have seen Irving play. He's not in the same league as Wall or Rose...that's not saying he's not good, because he is...just not a one and done type of talent. BTW...these past 5 years where UNC has won 2 championships and dook can't even make the final four must REALLY be embarrassing.

#52 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:43 AM

Yes I have seen Irving play. He's not in the same league as Wall or Rose...that's not saying he's not good, because he is...just not a one and done type of talent. BTW...these past 5 years where UNC has won 2 championships and dook can't even make the final four must REALLY be embarrassing.

Not embarrassing at all, in those years we didn't lose to our biggest rival by 32, finish 10th in the ACC with a 5-11 record, or only have 16 wins and only 4 of those 16 wins were against top 100 teams. 12 of your wins came against teams ranked out of the top 100.:rofl: Duke has 16 wins against top 100 teams. Now that should be embarrassing, that Duke has more wins against top 100 teams as you have all season. It sucks not making it past the sweet sixteen but it is not embarrassing.

#53 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:01 PM

[/U][/I][/B]

Not embarrassing at all, in those years we didn't lose to our biggest rival by 32, finish 10th in the ACC with a 5-11 record, or only have 16 wins and only 4 of those 16 wins were against top 100 teams. 12 of your wins came against teams ranked out of the top 100.:rofl: Duke has 16 wins against top 100 teams. Now that should be embarrassing, that Duke has more wins against top 100 teams as you have all season. It sucks not making it past the sweet sixteen but it is not embarrassing.

Right. I'm sure you were just fine with UNC owning your ass for so long.

#54 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:04 PM

No what I said was that Roy's team is not like the teams of years past where he has had NBA players making up his starting five. I called at the beginning of the year that they would struggle. I didn't say they weren't talented...they are very talented. But like I said..Roy got so used to not having to coach that he can no longer coach guys that aren't already better than the other team.

:rolleyes: Dude, Roy is still a great coach. I would take him over Sid every single time, and the vast majority of NC State fans would too, if they ever told the truth about such things. One bad year doesn't take away from what Roy has accomplished at UNC.

#55 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:25 PM

:rolleyes: Dude, Roy is still a great coach. I would take him over Sid every single time, and the vast majority of NC State fans would too, if they ever told the truth about such things. One bad year doesn't take away from what Roy has accomplished at UNC.

Recruiting is part of coaching but I'm telling you as a gameday coach there is very little difference between Sid Lowe and Roy Williams. Roy has had a SIGNIFICANT...even indescribable talent edge over the rest of the conference for 6 to 7 years now. The only year where he doesn't have a HUGE talent edge over everyone else, they struggle.

I'm willing to place a bet that with Ryan Harrow, Lorenzo Brown, and CJ Leslie (if we land him) that NC State will be competing for an ACC regular season championship, will beat UNC, and will finish higher than them in the standings.

#56 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:45 PM

Right. I'm sure you were just fine with UNC owning your ass for so long.

I never said I was fine with unc beating us, I said it wasn't embarrassing losing to unc because we haven't lost by more then 14 in the past 12 years. You lost by 32 points and you are lucky your guys played such a weak a$$ schedule or you might not have as many wins at the 2001 team.:D Even in a down year for the ACC if you would have at least ACC caliber teams all year you might have squeaked out a record or 10-22. That is embarrassing don't you think? Good luck in the NIT!

Edited by bigcatdaddy, 10 March 2010 - 12:54 PM.

#57 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:25 PM

I never said I was fine with unc beating us, I said it wasn't embarrassing losing to unc because we haven't lost by more then 14 in the past 12 years. You lost by 32 points and you are lucky your guys played such a weak a$$ schedule or you might not have as many wins at the 2001 team.:D Even in a down year for the ACC if you would have at least ACC caliber teams all year you might have squeaked out a record or 10-22. That is embarrassing don't you think? Good luck in the NIT!

I wouldn't care if we would've been as bad as the 8-20 year. Winning two national championships very recently kind of takes the sting out of this year...which is nothing more than a blip in the history of the program. Just enjoy this year because as competitive as Roy is, it could get ugly for the rest of the conference from here on out.

#58 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:45 PM

I wouldn't care if we would've been as bad as the 8-20 year. Winning two national championships very recently kind of takes the sting out of this year...which is nothing more than a blip in the history of the program. Just enjoy this year because as competitive as Roy is, it could get ugly for the rest of the conference from here on out.

Yeah I am sure it is no big deal that your team and coach tanked this year. Like I said it is embarrassing and if you are not embarrassed for them then you are not a true fan. No team with that much talent should be that bad, and they just gave up, not just the players Roy did too.

Yeah and Roy really scares me, once again you have no point guard and are the Wear twins and Barnes really going to be that much better then Davis and Thompson? You should never count on Freshmen to carry the load, I mean look at this year, didn't work out too well for you guys did it? I see another year similar to this one on the horizon for unc, maybe not quite as bad but I really don't see you guys competing with the top of the ACC.

#59 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:44 PM

Yeah I am sure it is no big deal that your team and coach tanked this year. Like I said it is embarrassing and if you are not embarrassed for them then you are not a true fan. No team with that much talent should be that bad, and they just gave up, not just the players Roy did too.

Yeah and Roy really scares me, once again you have no point guard and are the Wear twins and Barnes really going to be that much better then Davis and Thompson? You should never count on Freshmen to carry the load, I mean look at this year, didn't work out too well for you guys did it? I see another year similar to this one on the horizon for unc, maybe not quite as bad but I really don't see you guys competing with the top of the ACC.

Okay...how about this, fug you and what you think I should feel.

#60 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:15 PM

Anyone else see that Duke's "other" pg recruit coming in next year, Tyler Thornton, made first team all conference in his league. The funny thing is, it's the same league Kendall Marshall but for some reason he didn't make the first team. :D What I don't understand is how you can not be a the top of your league but be named a McDonald's All American?!?!? :confused:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.