Photo
- - - - -

UNC/Duke

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
87 replies to this topic

#61 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:18 AM

Okay...how about this, fug you and what you think I should feel.

Great come back, that is about as embarrassing as your heels.:D I was embarrassed in 2006 when Duke finished 22-9 and 8-8 in conference so I could not imagine what 16-15 and 5-11 in conference must feel like.

#62 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:33 AM

Anyone else see that Duke's "other" pg recruit coming in next year, Tyler Thornton, made first team all conference in his league. The funny thing is, it's the same league Kendall Marshall but for some reason he didn't make the first team. :D What I don't understand is how you can not be a the top of your league but be named a McDonald's All American?!?!? :confused:

That is why I said KM is not on the same level as these 5 star Point Guards. Thornton and Marshall are on the same level talent wise neither one is deserving of 5 stars. Irving, Joseph, Knight, and Selby are all head and shoulders above TT and KM but for some reason scout has KM ahead of Joseph which I don't understand at all. The heels fans will see KM next year and they will be saying the same thing, "well wait until next year", or "well we won the championship two years ago". I said it at the beginning of the year that LD2 could not carry the load and he averages 8 ppg, 6 assist, and 3 turnovers so I guess I was right. I will tell you right now KM is not better then Drew so if you heels fans are thinking next year you will be back to dominating the ACC you are wrong. Until Roy gets that explosive pg again you guys will be mediocre.

#63 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:29 AM

Yeah I am sure it is no big deal that your team and coach tanked this year. Like I said it is embarrassing and if you are not embarrassed for them then you are not a true fan. No team with that much talent should be that bad, and they just gave up, not just the players Roy did too.

Yeah and Roy really scares me, once again you have no point guard and are the Wear twins and Barnes really going to be that much better then Davis and Thompson? You should never count on Freshmen to carry the load, I mean look at this year, didn't work out too well for you guys did it? I see another year similar to this one on the horizon for unc, maybe not quite as bad but I really don't see you guys competing with the top of the ACC.

I'm not counting on next year's freshmen to carry the load. I'm counting on this year's freshmen to get better, and it's already happening. It was actually the upper classmen that hurt this team the most, because they weren't very good team leaders and they were all injured at one time or another.

I don't care how good your HC is, you still have to have some leadership from the players.

#64 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:30 AM

I'm not counting on next year's freshmen to carry the load. I'm counting on this year's freshmen to get better, and it's already happening. It was actually the upper classmen that hurt this team the most, because they weren't very good team leaders and they were all injured at one time or another.

I don't care how good your HC is, you still have to have some leadership from the players.

Really? The only one that has gotten consistently better is Henson, the other 3 have done about the same all year with a nice game here or there. I have been impressed with the play of Henson, I think he will be a nice player but he still needs to put on 20 or 30 pounds so he doesn't get pushed around down low. He will be counted on next year to play the 4 or 5 so that is a lot of banging all year long so a few more pounds would help.

#65 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:01 AM

Really? The only one that has gotten consistently better is Henson, the other 3 have done about the same all year with a nice game here or there. I have been impressed with the play of Henson, I think he will be a nice player but he still needs to put on 20 or 30 pounds so he doesn't get pushed around down low. He will be counted on next year to play the 4 or 5 so that is a lot of banging all year long so a few more pounds would help.

Strickland and McDonald also got better. Maybe it didn't show up in every game, but that is not exactly unusual for freshmen. Either way, UNC will be better next year just because Ginyard and Thompson will be gone. Those guys were never anything more than role players in the first place, so it won't be hard to replace them. A true freshman that can actually play is still better than a senior who can't.

#66 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:18 PM

Strickland and McDonald also got better. Maybe it didn't show up in every game, but that is not exactly unusual for freshmen. Either way, UNC will be better next year just because Ginyard and Thompson will be gone. Those guys were never anything more than role players in the first place, so it won't be hard to replace them. A true freshman that can actually play is still better than a senior who can't.

Actually over the last 10 games they were both worse, Strickland averaged 4.8 ppg and 2.2 turnovers, his season averages were 5.5 ppg, and 1.8 turnovers. Same 10 game average for Mcdonald was 3.4 ppg, while his season average was 3.5 ppg. Like I said they have done about the same all year with a nice game here and there. As far as Thompson goes next to Davis he was the best player you guys had on the court, and I don't understand everyone piling on him. He averaged 14 ppg, 6 reb, and shot almost 50% from the field. Who is going to have those kind of numbers next year?

#67 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:25 PM

In my opinion Thompson hasn't been part of the problem, other than just not being a true leader... to me, the real problem has been Ginyard... moreso then the freshmen... but that's just my opinion...

#68 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:00 PM

In my opinion Thompson hasn't been part of the problem, other than just not being a true leader... to me, the real problem has been Ginyard... moreso then the freshmen... but that's just my opinion...

Thompson wasn't terrible, but he wasn't as good as what I expected out of him as a senior. You're right though...Ginyard was just awful. I will gladly take any one of these incoming freshmen over him, regardless of position.

Anwyay, Duke fans really need to tone it down a little bit until they actually win something, and NC State fans don't even belong in this conversation. Yeah, Duke blew UNC out at Cameran, and I congratulated them for it in this very thread, but it still only counts as one win against a bad team. It doesn't mean that Duke is guaranteed to dominate UNC for the next 5 years or anything.

#69 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:02 PM

But what did you expect from Ginyard? He is a role player and all of his stats are up this year except his FG%. I think you people are missing what the real problem was and it was coaching. I am not saying Roy is a bad coach I am saying he did a bad coaching job this year. As the coach you have to recognize the strengths and play to them and he did none of that. He wanted to keep pushing the ball and he doesn't have the players to do that so you have to stop being hard headed and change the game plan.

#70 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:08 PM

Thompson wasn't terrible, but he wasn't as good as what I expected out of him as a senior. You're right though...Ginyard was just awful. I will gladly take any one of these incoming freshmen over him, regardless of position.

Anwyay, Duke fans really need to tone it down a little bit until they actually win something, and NC State fans don't even belong in this conversation. Yeah, Duke blew UNC out at Cameran, and I congratulated them for it in this very thread, but it still only counts as one win against a bad team. It doesn't mean that Duke is guaranteed to dominate UNC for the next 5 years or anything.

I like the way our team looks next year. I think we will be better, I don't think unc competes with us next year either. I could be wrong but I am confident in what K has put together and Roy needs an explosive pg for his offense so maybe not 5 years of dominance but at least 2 or 3. :D

#71 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:35 PM

Unc fans, Do you think Roy cares about the ACC tournament this year? :D

#72 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:36 PM

But what did you expect from Ginyard?

Fewer passes to the guy in Row 3, Seat 4...

#73 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:52 PM

I like the way our team looks next year. I think we will be better, I don't think unc competes with us next year either. I could be wrong but I am confident in what K has put together and Roy needs an explosive pg for his offense so maybe not 5 years of dominance but at least 2 or 3. :D

We will see. Personally, I'm very confident in Roy Williams and there is no doubt in my mind that his team will be much better next year. Either way, we will definitely get some pay back on the football field.;)

#74 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:32 PM

Fewer passes to the guy in Row 3, Seat 4...

He only averaged 2 TO's per game that is pretty much par for the course in his career at unc, so once again what did you expect from Ginyard? He is a role player and always has been, if you expected something more then you expected too much.:)

#75 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:33 PM

We will see. Personally, I'm very confident in Roy Williams and there is no doubt in my mind that his team will be much better next year. Either way, we will definitely get some pay back on the football field.;)

How about the job Roy did this year?

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com