Photo
- - - - -

How incompetent are the Panthers as a franchise/team/organization?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
106 replies to this topic

#97 Jbro

Jbro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:43 PM

1 KOS ( I don't want either Kasey or baker doing Kos.)
I would also like someone here. But unlike Lloyd, I want this guy to have FG kicking capabilities and be brought in to develop into Kasay's eventual replacement. [/B]

You obviously never watched him warm up pre-game.

#98 hdevonxz

hdevonxz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:48 PM

Seriously guys, I wasn't trying to imply they were incompetent or anything. I'm just speculating on different actions they've taken... yeh... yeh... that's it... that's the ticket....

hahahahahaha

No mr. asshair, it was a question for speculation on the moves the front office has been making, as I've already said. But it's all good man, you can spend as much time being an irrelevant dick as you'd like. Must be fun to have that much time to waste. :thumbsup:

#99 hdevonxz

hdevonxz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:51 PM

It was not the typographical error that make your post stupid....it was your entire point.

If you want a team that continues to overpay for players...that continues to make splashes with high priced FA's...that spends like there is no tomorrow...please feel free to join the Redskins and Raiders bandwagon.

We are making smart decisions that are fine for next year and improve the long-term outlook for this franchise. Plain and simple.

Read what I've said, my opinion is summed up nicely in all my posts in here.

Break down for me how exactly we are "making smart decisions taht are fine for next year"? And how are we "improving the long-term outlook for the franchise"? Long term? seriously, what about improving now? The team is still solid, I wouldn't say we're in compelete rebuilding mode, so why not attempt to accommodate any of our needs? The draft and 2nd FA won't solve everything.

Edited by hdevonxz, 07 March 2010 - 07:59 PM.

#100 hdevonxz

hdevonxz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:55 PM

Dude, he's tearing you up. Just leave him alone.

Also, you were not being sarcastic when you said incompetent. Maybe you were exaggerating, but you weren't being sarcastic. I'm guessing you know there is a difference between the terms, so I won't explain it.

No, I was referring to the sarcasm in my quote

"
No I don't think I can run the Panthers organization better than those perfect, amazing individuals who make the millions"

Read the posts, and go back to the proper quotations dude.

They are trying to save money, dude. Haven't you been reading this forum or did you come out of no where and make a thread about something that has been rehashed hundreds of times over the past few weeks?

Why are they trying to save money in an uncapped year? Will all the money saved result in cheaper tickets to the game? cheaper stadium food/beer? Cause all the money saved isn't making the team better, so there should definitely be some yield somewhere.

Edited by hdevonxz, 07 March 2010 - 07:58 PM.

#101 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

SUPPORTER

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:19 PM

Why are they trying to save money in an uncapped year? Will all the money saved result in cheaper tickets to the game? cheaper stadium food/beer? Cause all the money saved isn't making the team better, so there should definitely be some yield somewhere.

I believe it comes from partly what Gnatt said in one of his articles and that JR is
known to be one of the owners that is wanting the other Owners to practice smart spending habits when it comes to player contracts this season.

#102 Woodie

Woodie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:28 AM

I believe it comes from partly what Gnatt said in one of his articles and that JR is
known to be one of the owners that is wanting the other Owners to practice smart spending habits when it comes to player contracts this season.

I think that, along with the fact that by releasing them now, there will be no future cap ramifications. That's why we're likely to see quite a few decent vets let go by other teams up until a week or two after the draft.

#103 Jangler

Jangler

oddly perched

HUDDLER

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:55 AM

The thing is, we probably won't even know who they are really interested in until they sign somebody. We should all know this by now. Even the Keyshawn Johnson signing came out of the blue.

And we got Harris in August.

#104 carolinanimal

carolinanimal

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:57 AM

And we got Harris in August.

that was a steal wasnt it!!:D
i dont think we can keep relying on that everytime though. scraping the bottom of the barrell and trading next years picks for players only works so often. it may turn around and bite us in the but one year.

#105 monstercat

monstercat

HUDDLER

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:50 AM

that was a steal wasnt it!!:D
i dont think we can keep relying on that everytime though. scraping the bottom of the barrell and trading next years picks for players only works so often. it may turn around and bite us in the but one year.

That's why you want to build through the draft. Honestly, why does everybody think this is such a bad philosophy? It is very very very rare for a team to buy a Superbowl trophy through FA's.

#106 carolinanimal

carolinanimal

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:32 PM

That's why you want to build through the draft. Honestly, why does everybody think this is such a bad philosophy? It is very very very rare for a team to buy a Superbowl trophy through FA's.

it is a great idea..if you have picks. currently we have 5 so nots so great and idea. but no team builds entirely thru the draft.. it is a good mixture of both. look at the patriots! got randy moss and obliterated people, picked up wes welker and he helped tremendously. they werent drafted by that team but helped out. you need a good mixture of both. you cant just draft people, it takes to long to develop them and by that time they do they may want new monster contracts or the head coach may be under fire and you cant get all fa's because they would be considerably more expensive and put you in cap hell later on.

#107 monstercat

monstercat

HUDDLER

Posted 08 March 2010 - 02:29 PM

it is a great idea..if you have picks. currently we have 5 so nots so great and idea. but no team builds entirely thru the draft.. it is a good mixture of both. look at the patriots! got randy moss and obliterated people, picked up wes welker and he helped tremendously. they werent drafted by that team but helped out. you need a good mixture of both. you cant just draft people, it takes to long to develop them and by that time they do they may want new monster contracts or the head coach may be under fire and you cant get all fa's because they would be considerably more expensive and put you in cap hell later on.

Even after the draft, there will be FA's. It will never be entirely the draft.

BTW, Randy Moss is being a bitch again and Wes Welker is coming off an ACL, so it's not all peaches and cream for those guys either, and they actually traded away draft picks for both of those guys.