Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Squirrel

Edwards is a Punk!

45 posts in this topic

Yeah, I'm pretty sure if the car didn't flip, this wouldn't be an issue.

Yeah that is what I am saying ... besides NASCAR is loving it!! Feuds sell tickets!!!! :thumbsup:

and yes I kinda still side with Carl doing what he did, being laps down because he could have won that race too if Bad Brad wouldn't have been too excited 10 laps in the race!!

Mike and claws give me a break, cuz you know if it was Jimmie instead of brad who was wrecked that you would be calling for Edwards head... and when mike said Edwards didn't mean to flip him.... Ummm Edwards is an experinced driver he knew that the cars have a chance of getting airborne when turned around, and he did it on the front stretch with the cars at top speed...... He's either a liar or he's dumb.

Edwards is just lucky nobody was hurt or killed, if they were he probally could have been kicked out of nascar. Imagine the lawsuit nascar would have if a spectator was hurt or killed due to an intential wreck!!

Mike and claws give me a break, cuz you know if it was Jimmie instead of brad who was wrecked that you would be calling for Edwards head... and when mike said Edwards didn't mean to flip him.... Ummm Edwards is an experinced driver he knew that the cars have a chance of getting airborne when turned around, and he did it on the front stretch with the cars at top speed...... He's either a liar or he's dumb.

Edwards is just lucky nobody was hurt or killed, if they were he probally could have been kicked out of nascar. Imagine the lawsuit nascar would have if a spectator was hurt or killed due to an intential wreck!!

Hey I know Brad ... he did drive for us and use to hangout in the chassis shop, but he is driving foolishly and making a new enemy with ever race just about! He has to learn when to drive hard and when not to, it goes back to the whole give and take debate. He just had to learn a lesson, that's all. As a rookie he needs to gain respect out there on the track and he is failing to do so. Also there is no way Carl made him flip - thats just ridiculous! Even Eli Gold on Windtunnel last night said that. Granted it shouldn't have happened on the straightaway but he tried to get him back in the turn and couldn't get him. Oh well -- gives us something to talk about and NASCAR is loving it either way because we are doing just that, especially before the next 2 races coming up with Bristol & Martinsville!!! Should be interesting to say the least! :D

I for one am glad to see NASCAR of the 60's & 70's

and yes even a little Dale sr

You have a problem you settle it on the track.

After enough wrecks and enough damaged equipment

Either the problem will take care of its self or the owner will get rid of the problem to save $$$

NASCAR almost put the fan base to sleep with all their strict rules and penaltiles for this and that

If Nascar is smart

They will back off as much as possible and let the drivers talk it up in media ,this will increase ticket sells and viewers

Behind the scene they can pull both in and talk it out .

This could give NASCAR a major shot in the arm if handled correctly

1 person likes this

Edwards is a punk? Lol i coulda told yall that years ago.
I remember you telling me that before. :lol:

Don't forget Tony Stewart vs Matt Kenseth at the 2006(?) Daytona 500.

At least there is something to talk about besides Jimmy Johnson

BINGO!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure if the car didn't flip, this wouldn't be an issue.

BINGO!

I disagree.... racing hard and racing for position is one thing, coming out of the garage laps down to intentionally take out a top 5 car... Then take about 3 shots at him trying to do so.... That's a new level of classlessness.

New level of classlessness? I think that this happened over and over and over again from the 40s through the 90s. Earnhardt Sr. did this and everyone cheered.

I for one am glad to see NASCAR of the 60's & 70's

and yes even a little Dale sr

You have a problem you settle it on the track.

After enough wrecks and enough damaged equipment

Either the problem will take care of its self or the owner will get rid of the problem to save $$$

NASCAR almost put the fan base to sleep with all their strict rules and penaltiles for this and that

If Nascar is smart

They will back off as much as possible and let the drivers talk it up in media ,this will increase ticket sells and viewers

Behind the scene they can pull both in and talk it out .

This could give NASCAR a major shot in the arm if handled correctly

Well said. This can breathe new life back into NASCAR.

BINGO!

BINGO!

New level of classlessness? I think that this happened over and over and over again from the 40s through the 90s. Earnhardt Sr. did this and everyone cheered.

Well said. This can breathe new life back into NASCAR.

Definitely true. Only difference was that Earnhardt senior was good at it. He could wreck someone without getting them airborne. Of course, that could be because of the car itself.

Edwards did a stupid thing. If pieces of that car had gotten into the stands and injured someone, he and Nascar would have faced some major lawsuits.

Perhaps Carl was justified in taking him out, but he should have done it in a different manner. Hell, tbone him after the race is over. Don't flip him at a highspeed track like Atlanta.

Definitely true. Only difference was that Earnhardt senior was good at it. He could wreck someone without getting them airborne. Of course, that could be because of the car itself.

Edwards did a stupid thing. If pieces of that car had gotten into the stands and injured someone, he and Nascar would have faced some major lawsuits.

Perhaps Carl was justified in taking him out, but he should have done it in a different manner. Hell, tbone him after the race is over. Don't flip him at a highspeed track like Atlanta.

Well I guess you don't remember Earnhardt vs. Rusty Wallace at Talladega ... Rusty went flying :D

On a side note nascar should be given props for all the saftey inovations in the recent years ESP the cot ... If the driver seat was moved just a few inches closer to the left the outcome could have been very diffrent...

What Edwards did was intentional and could have killed someone. Just because he is a pretty face on the NASCAR scene, they give him a slap on the wrist. What a joke.....

Carl was not justified........