3rd or 4th?

BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

#17 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,626 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:45 PM

It's just ridiculous how much weight they put in combine numbers... I remember the guy's name now, but it wasn't like he was a household name all year. He literally got into the 1st round in 2 months of offseason work, lol.

#18 Urrymonster

Urrymonster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:04 PM

It's just ridiculous how much weight they put in combine numbers... I remember the guy's name now, but it wasn't like he was a household name all year. He literally got into the 1st round in 2 months of offseason work, lol.

He was rated that high before the combine. I believe Mayock had him first in his top 5 DEs in the pre-combine analysis. Didn't he have an amazing Bowl game or something?

#19 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,626 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:08 PM

He was rated that high before the combine. I believe Mayock had him first in his top 5 DEs in the pre-combine analysis. Didn't he have an amazing Bowl game or something?

Must have, b/c like I said, I didn't really hear much about him before hand. I remember seeing him play in a few games, but he wasn't even spotlighted as a big-time player in the games I saw him in.

To be honest with you, I had more recognition with Selvie. I bet Mayock is quick to point out the "bustability" factor though, he's just got to rank him that high for his ability.

#20 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,393 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:29 PM

Selvie disappeared this last year (except for the FSU game). Never lived up to his promise.

Pierre Paul was the star.

#21 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,414 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:51 PM

I hope the Panthers get Selvie in the 4th round.. that is where he is projected now, and he could be a steal.

#22 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,006 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 02:16 PM

I hope the Panthers get Selvie in the 4th round.. that is where he is projected now, and he could be a steal.

What side did Selvie play RE or LE?

But from what I have read Selvie looked good in some OLB drills at the senior bowl.

#23 Edward Teach

Edward Teach

#PanthersMafia

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:15 PM

I saw Pierre-Paul on First and Ten last week. They asked him about the back-flips and he said that he does them in full pads and that the most he has ever done was 27 in a row. He said he didn't play football until he was a junior in HS and that he has an 81" wingspan. It was hard to listen to him talk, though. Didn't sound like a very intelligent guy. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
He will be long gone when we pick in the second.

#24 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:25 PM

Some team will give up a lot for him, but in my opinion, he's Derrick Harvey v 2.0... Ask the Jags how that worked out...

#25 Urrymonster

Urrymonster

• HUDDLER
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 04:28 PM

Some team will give up a lot for him, but in my opinion, he's Derrick Harvey v 2.0... Ask the Jags how that worked out...

A fair bit more athletic no? Harvey was always more of a run stopping DE prospect surely?

#26 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,491 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:45 PM

mayock has him as the top de this year.

#27 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 03:35 PM

Yea ok and we all saw where Peppers signed this off season.

OH SNAP

;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.