121 replies to this topic

#16 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:21 AM

The only thing about DWill's situation is that he's going into a contract year...

We'll either extend him, trade him, or let him play out his deal and try to work something out next offseason...

Sure, we're not even a week into the official offseason, but one would think if they were going to extend him, there would be rumblings in some of the outlets by now...

So far, the only things I have heard are from other teams' writers mulling the option of trading for him... Yeah, it is speculation, but I can see where they have a point...

#17 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,480 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:23 AM

So far, all I can say is they're getting rid of bad contracts and avoiding new bad ones.

:iamwithstupid:

#18 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,265 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:25 AM

The only thing about DWill's situation is that he's going into a contract year...

We'll either extend him, trade him, or let him play out his deal and try to work something out next offseason...

Sure, we're not even a week into the official offseason, but one would think if they were going to extend him, there would be rumblings in some of the outlets by now...

So far, the only things I have heard are from other teams' writers mulling the option of trading for him... Yeah, it is speculation, but I can see where they have a point...

You have to remember that the Panthers NEVER leak anything to the media. How many had any idea of the players that were being released? None.

#19 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:26 AM

:crazy: I agree with many of the posts in this thread. Firesale????? doesnt look like that to me. I am a little nervous about an entirely new starting D-line but that being said its not like what we had was a bunch of world beaters. I think the team could actually be better next season.

#20 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,817 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:26 AM

So far, all I can say is they're getting rid of bad contracts and avoiding new bad ones.

yep.

#21 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,676 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:30 AM

where is my wildly flamed post from a few months ago about this?
I hope this agent and others predictions on this are wrong..but where there is smoke..there is fire...sale.

#22 carolinanimal

carolinanimal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:31 AM

:crazy: I agree with many of the posts in this thread. Firesale????? doesnt look like that to me. I am a little nervous about an entirely new starting D-line but that being said its not like what we had was a bunch of world beaters. I think the team could actually be better next season.

you could say that about the guys we have now!:D

#23 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,265 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:32 AM

you could say that about the guys we have now!:D

Not really. We now have young and hungry guys. With Brayton, Kemo (post -op), and Lewis we knew exactly what we had....decent but not great players.

#24 carolinanimal

carolinanimal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:36 AM

These are the points on the article that stand out the most.

"I’ve been talking to a lot of agents over the past few days and it’s hard to find one who has a client the Panthers seem interested in signing."

"They’re having a fire sale. They have thrown away the 2010 season and (owner Jerry) Richardson is going to be pushing for a lockout (after the 2010) season. They are going to be playing Big Lots football in 2010.”

if one agent is thinking that wouldnt others be thinking that too. honestly if i was a agent i would not send my clients to carolina. i would look for a team that would be giving out more than a 1 year deal and who didnt recently dump all there vets.

#25 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:40 AM

So an agent says "They didn`t sign my client, so they must not be interested in winning" and we should take that seriously?

Come on guys! Have you never watched a Pantherrs offseason before?

Fox has been told he has one year to prove he deserves an extension. Do you really believe a coach in that circumstance is going to sign on for a "fire sale"?

Edited by Mr Scot, 08 March 2010 - 11:47 AM.

#26 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,265 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:40 AM

These are the points on the article that stand out the most.

"I’ve been talking to a lot of agents over the past few days and it’s hard to find one who has a client the Panthers seem interested in signing."

"They’re having a fire sale. They have thrown away the 2010 season and (owner Jerry) Richardson is going to be pushing for a lockout (after the 2010) season. They are going to be playing Big Lots football in 2010.”

if one agent is thinking that wouldnt others be thinking that too. honestly if i was a agent i would not send my clients to carolina. i would look for a team that would be giving out more than a 1 year deal and who didnt recently dump all there vets.

Which is a good indication as to why you are not an agent.

There are no FA's on the market now that are anywhere near worth what this group is getting. This is the worst FA class in decades. I am glad we are sitting this out now.

Wait until after the draft. You will see other players being released to make room. That is where you can find assets to plug into your system.

Everyone wants the big splashes...gives them something to talk about. However, those teams that typically make those moves have not been successful.

#27 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:43 AM

Seriously? People are worried about what agents are saying? All they care about is getting their 30+yr old clients signed for more than they're worth.

Edit...dammit, Mr. Scot beat me to it.

#28 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,505 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:46 AM

Seems those of us concerned at this point aren't the only ones. I will wait until June to see what happens. But so far, it can't be characterized as anything but a rebuilding year. That could change if we bring in some vets to replace those we are losing.

#29 Khyber53

Khyber53

I'm a believer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:48 AM

Making a big splash early in the free agent market is a lot like being the first person to a garage sale. They might have found a treasure, but most likely they've just overspent for something the prior owner found to be a waste of space.

We never make waves early on in free agency except for the players we let go. And we're not exactly a team that makes agents salivate at a big commission check.

I'm just waiting to see what undervalued, under-utilized diamond in the rough the team turns up with this year.

#30 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • 3,820 posts
  • LocationRock Hill SC

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:49 AM

Sounds like the 'agent' is a crybaby mfer that won't get to take his family on their annual European Cruise because the Panthers are being 'tight' with his clients. :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.