Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peppers buying bubbly for Chicago club goers

23 posts in this topic

Posted

Julius Peppers didn't need to buy drinks for club patrons at Crescendo to win over his new town -- but it didn't hurt.

The new Bears defensive end purchased 25 bottles of Perrier Jouet Fleur de Champagne ($350 per bottle) at the River North club and had them distributed by staff around 2:30 a.m. on Saturday -- complete with sparklers. The crowd was told it was Peppers' way of saying thanks for the warm welcome.

http://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com/about-last-night/2010/03/julius-peppers-buys-25-bottles-of-champagne-for-club-patrons-at-crescendo.html

I wonder if they checked it for anti-freeze? Ahh, to be king for a day.... twould be teh awesome.

Posted

Did he ever buy the Charlotte fans bubbly?

Posted

Does Denny's or Bar Charlotte serve champagne?

Chicago's a great town. He is going to enjoy his time up there.

1 person likes this

Posted

Why wouldn't he? He's on top of the world right now....I'm just glad he's not a Cowboy.....but I'll be pulling against the Bears just as bad :D

Posted

Did he ever buy the Charlotte fans bubbly?

Any self-respecting Panthers fan drinks their wine at the games, not in the club.

3 people like this

Posted

Any self-respecting Panthers fan drinks their wine at the games, not in the club.

:lol:

Posted

Why wouldn't he? He's on top of the world right now....I'm just glad he's not a Cowboy.....but I'll be pulling against the Bears just as bad :D

Damn right. F*ck the Cowboys.

And I don't blame him. If I were single and rich as hell like Pep I'd be pulling ass like Wilt Chamberlain in Chicago.

Posted

Damn right. F*ck the Cowboys.

And I don't blame him. If I were single and rich as hell like Pep I'd be pulling ass like Wilt Chamberlain in Chicago.

Well, if the rumors about Wilt are also true they have something in common...

Posted

lmao, I hate the cowboys with a passion and I feel the same way lol :beatdeadhorse5:

Posted

I predict the party won't last long once the chicago media starts to rip on him. Taking off games won't work as well up there.

Posted

Crescendo must be the Chicago equivalent of Scorpios.

Posted

ALL peppers cares about is being a BIG SHOT...it's quite obvious.

He only wanted out so he could get paid by a big market team...

Premadonna...