61 replies to this topic

#31 cota37

cota37

Head Hunter

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:59 PM

Can a brotha get a gale force wind warning roundabouts 8ish next Satdee?

#32 Skew

Skew

GOLD PREMIUM MEMBER

• Moderators
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:01 PM

Snow. I want snow.

agreed

#33 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:04 PM

The key thing that I noticed from Arizona is that even in the face of success with their running game, they're not going to commit to it.

We have to plan to play this game in pass coverage 80% of the time.

The front four are going to have to go a long way towards creating pressure on Warner. Even if Kemoeatu is available, we're going to need Lewis just as much in this one. Peppers is going to have to have a huge game too.

We cannot afford to give Warner too much time to think back there. He'll find somebody.

Boldin will play, IMO. If there was ever a time to push it then that time is now. How effective he will be is up for debate, but for those crossing their fingers hoping he'll be out.... I wouldn't bother.

We all know that Arizona can be had on defense. We're going to need to pound the rock and have success on the ground in order to keep the ball out of Warner's hands. I predict that if we win the TOP battle then we'll win this game.

Most importantly, we can't turn the ball over. Arizona has a quick strike offense and they're going to be in the game all game long if we're only up a score or two. They can score on harmless looking plays.

#34 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:06 PM

We match up much better against Arizona than we do against the Vikes, so I am very happy to be playing against Arizona. Not saying we wouldn't have beat the Vikes, but I like our chances much better against 'Zona. Warner will get his yards, we just need to hold them inside the red zone and do better than Atlanta did running the ball, which I think we will.

#35 mpritc1019

mpritc1019

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:10 PM

Boldin will play. A hammy will not hinder his physical game. He will catch huge 3rd down conversions over the middle.
We need get a couple of early hits on Warner and turn him into a turnover machine. If he stays clean, it could get hairy.

#36 boxer

boxer

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:13 PM

It doesn't really matter. If we are a true Super Bowl team, then we should be able to beat whomever we face. I am not afraid of any of them.

#37 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:14 PM

Of the three possible teams, AZ was the one I was least forward looking to play.... I felt we were fortunate to beat them the last time

What he said

Key to the game: Get a couple of hits on Warner early...That'll set the tone

:smash:

#38 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:14 PM

Boldin will play. A hammy will not hinder his physical game. He will catch huge 3rd down conversions over the middle.
We need get a couple of early hits on Warner and turn him into a turnover machine. If he stays clean, it could get hairy.

A hammy will hinder any ones physical game, If its a bad hammy strain then its going to be hard for him to just get up and run a route. They hurt, linger with you.

#39 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:15 PM

Panthers have won 5 straight in this series.

Should be a good warm up for Philly at home.

#40 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,289 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:17 PM

Boldin will play. A hammy will not hinder his physical game.

So what will it hinder, his mental game?

#41 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:18 PM

His team's chances at success.

#42 mpritc1019

mpritc1019

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:19 PM

A hammy will hinder any ones physical game, If its a bad hammy strain then its going to be hard for him to just get up and run a route. They hurt, linger with you.

my point is that he is not a speedy receiver. he is the Cris Carter possession receiver that relies on getting his catches in the middle. A hammy kills a speedy receiver but with some extra PT before the game and exercise bike during the game, he will play. Plus he is in a contract year. He will play.

#43 Vegas Heel

Vegas Heel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:21 PM

Warner is going to feel tha PAIN!

#44 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,289 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:22 PM

Warner is going to feel tha PAIN!

Yea it would be such a shame if Peppers were to fall on that elbow again.

#45 charlottenian

charlottenian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:29 PM

you have an inside source on Boldin? He tried to return to the game and could not go....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com