5 replies to this topic

#1 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:24 PM

not sure if this was the place to put this...I'll move it if you want

Seahawks just dealt Seneca Wallace to the Browns. Seneca, in my opinion, wasn't/isn't a very good QB, but he made for a decent and cheap backup. Last year we drafted Mike Teel, but he never played at all, and I have no idea what quality he brings to the team.

Reason I posted this in here was, I am curious if you think this might affect the draft now?

Thoughts?

#2 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,582 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:28 PM

Sign Delhomme to be your backup :)

#3 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:31 PM

I hate you Kurb! Thats actually a fear I have...them overpaying some QB past their prime to take up the slack for a couple of years while the groom someone new....I know The Golden Calf of Bristol is on the radar.

#4 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 09 March 2010 - 03:15 PM

No offense, but this is yesterday's news and it was already posted in the main forum.

#5 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 03:26 PM

none taken...I was more curious as to anyone's thoughts on how this might affect the draft, not about the trade itself. As a seahawk fan, there has only been talk of OL, OL and OL in the draft. Not having a viable back up QB could change all that potentially.

#6 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 09 March 2010 - 04:04 PM

I have said for months now that Colt McCoy is a exact replica of Matt Hasselbeck.. I think you guys take him in the 2nd round. Trading Seneca further validates that you guys are looking to take a QB in the 2nd. Also, you guys are 1 of 2 known teams to have private workouts schedueld with The Golden Calf of Bristol.. so you are obviously looking at first day QBs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com