Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pantherfan81

Derek Anderson's Contract Terminated

81 posts in this topic

I would much prefer Derek Anderson over Josh McCown at backup QB. Panthers won't land him though, and honestly, not sure if we really even need him. I still want a better veteran at backup than what we have.

Out of the Quarterbacks that are Unrestricted Free Agents I would only take the guys listed below.

In this order

Derek Anderson

Rex Grossman

Kyle Boller

I would much prefer Derek Anderson over Josh McCown at backup QB. Panthers won't land him though, and honestly, not sure if we really even need him. I still want a better veteran at backup than what we have.

Same here. I'm more comfty with Anderson than McClown. But it possible he want to be a starter somewhere than backup. Who know.

Out of the Quarterbacks that are Unrestricted Free Agents I would only take the guys listed below.

In this order

Derek Anderson

Rex Grossman

Kyle Boller

Please tell me you're joking with having Grossman on your list there. That guy is mediocre big time. I rather Jake come back than getting Grossman.

1 person likes this

2/17 23 yards

2/17 23 yards

2/17, 23 yards

no thanks

He proved a few years ago that he wasn't a bad qb. He needs a fresh start. For us though, I'm not too sure. He would give Moore some competition, which would be a good thing, but Moore would still be our starter.

Not for or against Anderson, but we were saying the same thing about Carr.

1 person likes this

Not for or against Anderson, but we were saying the same thing about Carr.

I was thinking the same thing.

2/17 23 yards

2/17 23 yards

2/17, 23 yards

no thanks

I agree. I see the whole "Carr situation" repeating if he came here.

As others have said, given a fresh start I think he could be prosperous---not to mention we could get a could deal, I'm sure. I say pull the plug on McClown, bring Anderson on, and let he and Moore duke it out for the #1 spot...

2/17 23 yards

2/17 23 yards

2/17, 23 yards

no thanks

lol was that the game against the Bills? Like the least offensive yards ever produced in a game....

I think he would be a good pickup. We are talking about a backup QB here and Id much rather have him than some rookie.

lol was that the game against the Bills? Like the least offensive yards ever produced in a game....

It's funny you mention that because if I recall correctly, the least amount of offensive yards in a game was somewhere in the negatives a few years ago and it was produced by the David Carr led Texans. :lol:

Same here. I'm more comfty with Anderson than McClown. But it possible he want to be a starter somewhere than backup. Who know.

Please tell me you're joking with having Grossman on your list there. That guy is mediocre big time. I rather Jake come back than getting Grossman.

You can't compare a Chicago quarterback to anyone, they have all sucked including Jay Cutler. I guarantee you Grossman is better than his stats.