Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falken Tires

16 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyone had any experience with this brand of tire ?:driving:

Posted

Anyone had any experience with this brand of tire ?:driving:

It's owned by Sumitomo Rubber Industries, which is a very good tire company. Seems to concentrate on ultra high performance tries.

1 person likes this

Posted

When I used to sell Rims way back in the day I used there drag slicks on my ricer. They are good for Drifting/Racing. Don't spend the money if you intend to use it for daily driving. Khumo's are good and not to pricey.

Posted

When I used to sell Rims way back in the day I used there drag slicks on my ricer. They are good for Drifting/Racing. Don't spend the money if you intend to use it for daily driving. Khumo's are good and not to pricey.

Apparently (just from what i have read) they are getting into "regular" car tires.

Friend from tire store giving me a pretty killer deal for the wifes Jetta....

Thanks for the opinions

Posted

It's been 6-7 years since I sold and kept up with rims/tires so I would take his advice.

1 person likes this

Posted

Weird, I just stopped this past weekend and looked at Falken tires at Discount Tire for our Camry. I was very impressed with how they were made and the price was excellent. I was in the tire business for about 8 years and I will definitely be getting some for our car. Great tread design and the sidewalls seemed well made.

I don't think they have Falken listed but I always use www.tirerack.com to get reviews on tires. Great site.

Discount tire also has several reviews on tires if you can find the model you looked at.

Posted

well i had them about 7 years ago.they were low profile tires on an 18 inch rim and they tore up on me twice. Worst tires I ever had.

Posted

What makes a good sidewall Mr Rockets ?

Posted

onlinetires.com are much cheaper

Posted

I dunno nothin' 'bout no mother falken tires...

(for real though, I have no idea)

1 person likes this

Posted

I had Falkens on my last car and wasn't very happy with them. Let me caveat this by saying that I prefer very stiff sidewalls for handling and am willing to sacrifice a little comfort for that. I can't remember the model of the Flakens though, so my advice isn't that great. Goodyear Eagle F1 All Seasons are hands down the best tires I've ever had. Two different cars, and that's all I'll put on my current car. Carbon fiber reinforced sidewalls. Incredible handling in all conditions and I've always exceeded the expected life on every set I've owned.

Posted

A lot of Falkens are directional and I hate that poo. You get a little tire drift or whatever and you can't cross rotate them.

Anyways, cheap tire wise Coopers, Sumitomos, Toyos, and the like are all good. Bottom line the tire industry is depressed right now and you should at least be able to get 4 of whatever for the price of 3.

Don't let a tire shop upsell you struts, rotors and brakes, ball joints or what have you while they're dong the tires. If they go for the big upsell get a second opinion!