Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fiz

what impact did Peppers walking have on Jerry?

39 posts in this topic

Everyone has played armchair cardiologist about the mental effect Richardson's heart surgery has played on his decisions making process, but what about Peppers walking on him?

It's no secret Jerry thought highly of Julius, exemplified most notably by basketball outings and publicly calling him out to take a larger role in team affairs.

It's also interesting that during the fox era, the Panthers have kind of been run like a small time, family business. Loyalty has played a premium over ability and cost effectiveness.

Maybe Richardson finally had a harsh wake up call when someone he thought so highly of basically betrayed the trust he'd placed in him. Maybe Julius walking is what has spurred this recent and radical change in team philosophy.

maybe...pstall is gay

Yeah I am sure a business man like Jerry Richardson let an overpaid po dunk country boy from small town N.C. break him down and cause him to tear his team apart.

I am sure that ALL of this is because Jerry couldnt handle Pep leaving and now he is selling the team (sarcasm)...

Stupid post...

Jerry is one of the big reasons there is no CBA right now, and everything you see with him right now is a business decision for him.

He might be pissing all the fans off, but unless he can make money in a small market it doesnt matter anyways.

He is just looking out for his own interest.

REMEMBER- for ONLY 6 MILLION dollars in an uncapped season he could of kept his "golden child"... However Jerry has decided to go in another direction...

Jerry is tired of the over inflation, and on a mission to prove it, at any cost..

Sounds like a business man to me.

Anyone see the article on PFT that basicly said that Pepper's new contract wasn't $42 million gaurenteed like Carey had reported? Within the fine print it's only a one year contract worth $20 million. The Bears were still stupid for paying that much but the fact that Carey and Peppers didn't know about it until it came out in the media is just too funny.

Anyone see the article on PFT that basicly said that Pepper's new contract wasn't $42 million gaurenteed like Carey had reported? Within the fine print it's only a one year contract worth $20 million. The Bears were still stupid for paying that much but the fact that Carey and Peppers didn't know about it until it came out in the media is just too funny.

Got Link???

I guess none of us will know if Peppers leaving had any effect on the FO decisions to do what they are doing. We also have to factor in the effect that Morrison had on the decisionmaking process as well. He was brought in by Richardson and is apparently a close associate and someone Richardson trusts. I just thought it was interesting that Diggs got an extension in January when the decision to release Peppers had not been announced and then he was released less than 2 months later. If they already knew that they were going to release the veterans than why extend him at that point? I wondered in another thread if the change might have signified a change in direction between then and now. It may have been coincidental to Peppers leaving or not. Given how tight lipped the FO is about these kind of things, we may never know. Still until we have something to discuss on the FA front or the draft occurs, it is a point of speculation.

your shtick is more tired than Jangler's twat

My twat keeps the men coming around, let me know when you are old enough.

He offered Pep more than he was worth. I wasn't aware that was low-balling someone.

fiz doesn't know anything about lowballs.....his haven't dropped yet.

1 person likes this

Jangler fights back!

Carl's Stone Cold Lock of the Century.... of the Week is Peppers is now one of the most overpaid and overrated players in the NFL!

Gman, it didn't matter what the Panthers offered Pep he wanted out. Time to move on, I suggest irrational hatred. You seem to already have plenty of that, just focus it on JP!

Just let GMan playout his pathetic little fantasy. You need to realize that he is neither a Panthers Fan nor lives in Charlotte. He is a troll who does nothing but post things to try and get a rise out of people. Don't feed him and maybe he will move on.

I think Peppers leaving did have some type of effect on the FO. I thought if we got Davis and Diggs resigned, get a Wr or 2 in the draft maybe a qb to compete with Moore and Delhomme we would be contenders. But when Peppers left I honestly think that poo got the ball rolling and the FO was pissed and said fug it cut everyody over 30. I am probably in the minority here but I don't think Delhomme should have been cut until at least after TC, because he does know the offense well and could have really challenged Moore and made him better. But now that there is no competition maybe Moore won't play any harder or try and get any better because the job has been given to him. Not to say he didnt earn most of it the last 6 games but if you don't have anybody behind you that can play and you are already gonna get paid more guaranteed money than you ever have had in life thats just asking for trouble unless the person getting the money actually has some reason to try hard and most will not if he knows nobody is gonna replace him.

Maybe he got Donald Trump's....don't think it was being used.

O Rly??

donald-trump-275x350.jpg

Saved him lots of money.

Funny thread

That donald trump poo was funny