37 replies to this topic

#1 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,904 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:37 PM

In the US we torture. And then we do everything in the world to lie, deceive and protect those who torture.

At least 100 people have died in US custody due to inhumane treatment.

Which is absurd for a country which pretends to be the moral police.

In Iran the found some of their own citizens who practice torture and they *surprise!!* put them on trial. Like a country should do.

The US:

At least 100 detainees died in U.S. custody, many as a result of interrogation practices and detention conditions. Gen. Barry McCaffrey put it this way: "We tortured people unmercifully. We probably murdered dozens of them during the course of that, both the armed forces and the C.I.A." Other than a handful of very low-level scapegoats, none has been punished, or even investigated, but rather immunized in multiple ways, both formal and informal. Army Gen. Antonio Taguba concluded that the abuse was the direct result of the orders of top-level Bush officials and said: "there is no longer any doubt as to whether the current administration has committed war crimes. The only question that remains to be answered is whether those who ordered the use of torture will be held to account." Most of the people subject to our lawless "war on Terror" detention system were completely innocent.

Iran

TEHRAN, Iran — The trial in Iran opened Tuesday for 12 suspects accused of torturing to death three anti-government protesters tortured in prison during the turmoil following the June elections, the official news agency reported.

Iran's judiciary last year charged 12 officials at Kahrizak prison for involvement in the death of three protesters detained there in July. . . .

To sum up. US torture OK. Iran toture, no good.

Let me run over to foxnews and see if they picked up this story :cool:

#2 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,303 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:48 PM

Apples...oranges

#3 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,904 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:03 PM

Nah. Doesn't change the fact that we love torture

#4 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,303 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:06 PM

We don't torture first of all. And two...these weren't citizens yanked up from local demonstrations.

#5 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,908 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:16 PM

So.......when are you moving?

And you really need to put links in, or I might think you are just writing some kind of fiction.

Edited by Jangler, 10 March 2010 - 05:19 PM.

#6 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,789 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:28 PM

In the US we torture. And then we do everything in the world to lie, deceive and protect those who torture.

At least 100 people have died in US custody due to inhumane treatment.

Which is absurd for a country which pretends to be the moral police.

In Iran the found some of their own citizens who practice torture and they *surprise!!* put them on trial. Like a country should do.

The US:

Iran

To sum up. US torture OK. Iran toture, no good.

Let me run over to foxnews and see if they picked up this story :cool:

bbbbut america is the moral police and the land of the free! we would never do such things :D

#7 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,904 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:44 PM

The percentage of people who still believe that the Bush administration never lied about anything is dizzying

#8 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,908 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:45 PM

Ditto about Obama.

#9 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,395 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 06:04 PM

No one would ever say we are in any way shape or form perfect. We do some bad things. But having traveled overseas quite a bit and knowing a bit about what goes on in the world, I would put our record up against just about any other nation on earth.

BTW, no link means it must come from the fluffington post, or some other paragon of journalistic virtue.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 10 March 2010 - 06:07 PM.

#10 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,395 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 06:08 PM

The percentage of people who still believe that the Bush administration never lied about anything is dizzying

I seriously doubt you would find anyone who would say that the bush admin never lied about anything. Even the most devout supporters would acknowledge that at some point, all of us lie about something.

#11 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,904 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 06:23 PM

No one would ever say we are in any way shape or form perfect. We do some bad things. But having traveled overseas quite a bit and knowing a bit about what goes on in the world, I would put our record up against just about any other nation on earth.

BTW, no link means it must come from the fluffington post, or some other paragon of journalistic virtue.

Yes. Must be huffington post.

The Iran thing is AP
The 100 detainees died is an opinion from some website I don't care which. However you can google our own Generals testifying that we murdered dozens in custody and literally hundreds of other examples from left and right sources of torture by the US.

What would you do with a source anyway. These are things you footsoldiers will never admit anyway.

#12 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,904 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 06:24 PM

I seriously doubt you would find anyone who would say that the bush admin never lied about anything. Even the most devout supporters would acknowledge that at some point, all of us lie about something.

Hyperbole. Don't miss my point that Bushies still think we don't torture.

Shall I add your name to the republican footsoldier list?

#13 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:35 PM

I'm fine with torture as long as cops keep carrying tazers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :leaving:

#14 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:37 PM

I said I'm fine with torture as long as cops keep carrying tazers!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

#15 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,649 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:02 PM

which country do u trust with a nuclear weapon?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.