12 replies to this topic

#1 methodtoll

methodtoll

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts
  • LocationToccoa, GA

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:27 AM

As requested, some outside linebackers for you!

SEAN WEATHERSPOON, MISSOURI

DARYL WASHINGTON, TCU

NAVORRO BOWMAN. PSU

THADDEUS GIBSON, OHIO ST.

RENNIE CURRIAN, UGA

DEKODA WATSON, FSU

RODDRICK MUCKLEROY, TEXAS

I could not find any highlights of A.J. Edds or Perry Riley.. Sorry

#2 methodtoll

methodtoll

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts
  • LocationToccoa, GA

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:30 AM

btw, my last highlight thread will be on Defensive Ends

#3 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:38 AM

Appreciate it Method. Before watching the video's, Daryl Washington was my favorite, but after watching, it looked like he had A LOT of trouble getting of his blocks when the Oline got to the second level. Given, he will not be playing MLB in the NFL, he could still be a very good pick for us, and he won't be going up against those big Olinemen as often.. he would be against TE's. He did look very good in coverage, and I think that is more what the FO is looking for.

Dekoda Watson moved into 1st place on my list, because of his leadership that he showed at FSU. We will need that leadership on the field after all of our key losses.

#4 methodtoll

methodtoll

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts
  • LocationToccoa, GA

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:41 AM

Appreciate it Method. Before watching the video's, Daryl Washington was my favorite, but after watching, it looked like he had A LOT of trouble getting of his blocks when the Oline got to the second level. Given, he will not be playing MLB in the NFL, he could still be a very good pick for us, and he won't be going up against those big Olinemen as often.. he would be against TE's. He did look very good in coverage, and I think that is more what the FO is looking for.

Dekoda Watson moved into 1st place on my list, because of his leadership that he showed at FSU. We will need that leadership on the field after all of our key losses.

I agree, Watson is my first choice too. I think he could fit well... HOWEVER, being the Georgia fan that I am, I would love to have Rennie Currian as a Panther

#5 DynastyRTR

DynastyRTR

newnfldraft.com writer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:51 AM

Watson could be had in the 4th rd. Bay-Bay in the 2nd, Alualu in the 3rd, and Watson in the 4th...

#6 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,417 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:24 AM

Watson's stock is up to 3rd round after his fast 40 time at the combine.

#7 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,573 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:27 AM

my first choice is rennie currian.every game i watched this guy would either make the tackle or be right there around the ball.he is a stud.

#8 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,134 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:28 AM

I dont think we will take a LB with our first pick..I could see us taking one in the 3rd-5th range.

#9 methodtoll

methodtoll

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts
  • LocationToccoa, GA

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:31 AM

I dont think we will take a LB with our first pick..I could see us taking one in the 3rd-5th range.

As I stated in one of the other highlight video threads, I don't think it is out of question, whether it is our biggest need or not. Most of the past drafts have been pretty predictable on what Fox and Hurney will do but there have been drafts where Fox and Hurney go for a player that fans least expect (i.e Beason or Sharrod Martin)

That said, I am covering all ends and preparing folks for a unexpected pickup...

#10 44johnson

44johnson

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:46 PM

"Rennie Currian, The first Georgia Bulldog to record 100 tackles since T. Davis", these were the last words in the highlight video.

#11 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:45 PM

"Rennie Currian, The first Georgia Bulldog to record 100 tackles since T. Davis", these were the last words in the highlight video.

Curran is my boy I pray we draft him.

#12 rmoneyg35

rmoneyg35

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:30 AM

Is this draft deep in Linebackers?

#13 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:01 AM

As I stated in one of the other highlight video threads, I don't think it is out of question, whether it is our biggest need or not. Most of the past drafts have been pretty predictable on what Fox and Hurney will do but there have been drafts where Fox and Hurney go for a player that fans least expect (i.e Beason or Sharrod Martin)

That said, I am covering all ends and preparing folks for a unexpected pickup...

Especially since Gregory has been here. They have tended to go after need with 1st pick. Beason, OLB and MLB depth (Morgan was a walking concussion). Stewart and Otah, both were big needs in 08 (I still think we should have just gotten Forte in the 2nd though). And then the trade up for the perfect DE in Meeks scheme when Pep's situation was so uncertain.

Now past the 1st pick or two its anybodies guess. I mean did anyone see us drafting a RB in the 4th last year? I think it will be either DE, DT, or WR 1st pick (unless we end up with 2 in the 2nd). And due to a value sweet spot in the 2nd for WR I think our 2nd will be a WR. Talylor Price it seems is getting a lot of attention but I doubt we get him. Gilyard or D. Thomas would be my choices.

Edited by jramsey4, 19 March 2010 - 07:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com