Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Smith or Larry Fitzgerald

35 posts in this topic

Posted

Actually, Fitz has been widely regarded as one of the best route runners in the league. That was what he was revered for in College, and if you watch him on film, you'd see how precise he is. No one attacks a ball harder on a curl route. Smith is a good route runner, however, I doubt a lot of people are going to say Steve Smith is one of the best route runners in the league. As is the case with a lot of things he does, Smith makes up for his deficiences with pure speed and will power

Smith makes the big catch EVERY time, absolutely true. However, he will drop quite a few of the routine catches. I have seen Fitz drop only 2 balls in his entire career. I'm sure he's dropped more, but its a hell of a rarity. Smith is fast, agile, quick, and great after the run, but Fitz is no snail either, however I do admit he's not as great after the catch, but Fitz has simply beat down every CB that came his way...even the so called elite corners

Posted

How does he not have better numbers

Rk Player Team Pos Rec Yds Avg Yds/G Lng TD 20+ 40+ 1st 1st% FUM

Larry Fitzgerald ARI WR 96 1,431 14.9 89.4 78T 12 20 5 66 68.8 1

Steve Smith CAR WR 78 1,421 18.2 101.5 65T 6 23 6 59 75.6 1

Looks loke more yards twice the td same amount of fumbles. mind you we have another pro bowl wide out stealing someof his numberson the other side named Boldin. You may have heard of him

Posted

Steve Smith.

Fitzgerald is an amazing WR as well however there is something different about Steve Smith. He plays as if he is pissed off and is always very aggressive and passionate about the games. You don't see many guys visually pissed off when they play anymore. Because they are getting paid either way and don't care. Steve Smith cares.

Posted

Fitzgerald has 18 more receptions, while only having 10 more yards than Smith. You guys suspended your running game this season, so of course your receiver is going to have more touchdowns. Steve Smith also has two less games while, again, having only 10 less yards. His average per game and average per reception are superior, which shows he does more with less.

Both receivers put up great numbers this season, and don't get me wrong, they're both incredible talents. I just don't think Fitz's numbers really warrant all this talk about him being the better receiver on a freakin' panthers messageboard. :P

Posted

True but your not taking into account he is the only wideout worth a darn on your team so of course he is going to have the most yards. We split the ball accross 3 1000 yard receivers 2 of which are in the pro bowl.

Listen Steve is an unbelievable wide out and is deffinatly top 5 but every person in the media/coaches/players state Fitz is the best in the league.

Posted

It's a matter of preference. Smith is the better player, but Fitzgerald is the better WR. I'll leave it at that

Posted

Nice call on that 1789 that I will agree with

Posted

oh, and to the Cards fan, the media believes Andre Johnson is the best in the league.... don't state things you can't corroborate

Posted

True but your not taking into account he is the only wideout worth a darn on your team so of course he is going to have the most yards. We split the ball accross 3 1000 yard receivers 2 of which are in the pro bowl.

Listen Steve is an unbelievable wide out and is deffinatly top 5 but every person in the media/coaches/players state Fitz is the best in the league.

It doesn't matter if you guys spread the ball around if you threw 50000x more than we threw the ball, resulting in your 3rd receiver having only one less reception than our number 1 target. I see we won't reach an agreement though. We both love our team's receivers, so we'll just have to agree to disagree. :)

best in the league? Let's not become homers now. Neither of our receivers hold that title right now.

Posted

no they think if had a better qb he could be but most consider Fitz to e the best based on the team he is on

Posted

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know everyone is trying their best not to be a homer, but c'mon. We have a guy that since the 05 season is definetely a top 2 or 3 reciever in the league.

Has fitz won a triple crown uh no. He is a great reciever but the explosiveness of smith can be matched by no reciever in the league. Even ronde barber said that smith and moss are the only two recievers that they change their coverages for. If smith played on a pass happy offense can u imagine the numbers he would put up. Steve Young said if he would have played on his team he would have caught 140 balls a year. THATS SICK.

The man deserves more appreciation from the people here saying that you would trade him straight up for fitz or boldin wtf are you serious anyway just my opinion so whatever.

Posted

I wouldn't trade Smitty for any body in the league at any position.