Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Worried about morale this season....

With the comments I've seen from guys like Chris Harris and DeAngelo Williams, I'm very concerned about the morale of this team right now.

I think allot of the "shock" factor of these releases will have dissipated by the time the season rolls around, but I still think it would be wise for the FO to reach out to these guys and help them understand what is going on.

I find it really odd that we haven't heard from Beason, but after the Peppers thing he may have taken a vow of silence.

My grand ma used to say worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do, but it gets you no where. Oh and would it be that bad if Fox is a lame duck? It might just be time for Cowher.

Worry, I have to invest approx 3000.00 in a season that could a wash-out

My grand ma used to say worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do, but it gets you no where. Oh and would it be that bad if Fox is a lame duck? It might just be time for Cowher.

My mama always said that things don't get better just by wishing it were so. She also said that if you ignore the elephant in the room by pretending not to see it, you either get run over or covered in poop.

Cowher also said he wanted to coach for a contender. We will hardly be that if we do so poorly that Fox get fired. He can pick his job so it won't likely be us.

OK devils advocate here. So Moore would not have faced adversity if say Kemo, Hoover and Diggs old bodies continued to turn on them? Did you not see the way Jake scowled and yelled at Moore when he made a rookie mistake? Jake was basically saying "You suck and that's my job." I saw it. A non supportive "mentor" would have been MORE of a pain in the neck. Look man, i was not questioning your fandom BUT.. you need to at least watch a pre-season game before you say all is lost.

OK devils advocate here. So Moore would not have faced adversity if say Kemo, Hoover and Diggs old bodies continued to turn on them? Did you not see the way Jake scowled and yelled at Moore when he made a rookie mistake? Jake was basically saying "You suck and that's my job." I saw it. A non supportive "mentor" would have been MORE of a pain in the neck. Look man, i was not questioning your fandom BUT.. you need to at least watch a pre-season game before you say all is lost.

I'm not saying its all lost, but wholesale changes is not rebuilding,thats starting over. and besides you are not going to see anything in the first pre-season game

My mama always said that things don't get better just by wishing it were so. She also said that if you ignore the elephant in the room by pretending not to see it, you either get run over or covered in poop.

Cowher also said he wanted to coach for a contender. We will hardly be that if we do so poorly that Fox get fired. He can pick his job so it won't likely be us.

Not a contender huh? And Hooverfan says he is concerned that the season is a WASH!!! Dang yall change your tampons. Seriously, team after team makes similar moves. We draft well, we have a core of players, we MIGHT have a young franchise QB. Whatever. I give we are gonna suck next year. Happy now or do you need some chocolate and a Pamprin.

Not a contender huh? And Hooverfan says he is concerned that the season is a WASH!!! Dang yall change your tampons. Seriously, team after team makes similar moves. We draft well, we have a core of players, we MIGHT have a young franchise QB. Whatever. I give we are gonna suck next year. Happy now or do you need some chocolate and a Pamprin.

what other team has these types of moves

its going to have to be those guys on the team that have to work that stuff out. they have two choices....step up or get stepped on.

whether they like it or not...they have a years worth of football to play. if they can't suck it up and deal with the hand that was dealt them this year then they need to get booted off the team themselves. winners don't whine.

if they have low morale this year its their own fault. they may not have gotten themselves into this situation but what they do from here out is up to them. are they going to pull their crap together or just be bitter little bitches? i'm hoping that they choose to man up and win.

And the reality is that a radical apporach wasn't necessary. We finished winning 4 out of the last 5. Our defense and offense were clicking.

This is probably the most valid point in this whole thread. After the final 5 games, the team left the 2009 season thinking they were one or two upgrades away from a run at the playoffs in 2010. This purge and the way it took place will shake the core of our remaining vets. If I am one of the remaining vets on this team, I look at this as a salary dump, plain and simple. JR might as well replace the NC and SC flags flying over our scoreboards at BofA with two white flags for 2010. We can sugar coat this or talk about how financially set we will be in 2012 all day long. The harsh reality remains, unless there are some serious moves made in the draft and what's left of FA, 2010 will be a season tryouts and auditions. And if Fox is lucky enough to have these young guys over achieve, gel as a team, and win some games? Well, then that's gravy.

Who said all was lost? I have said in numerous threads that we are only in the beginning of the free agent period and still have the draft so we can surely improve. If I thought all was lost I would have my PSLs up for sale which I don't. I was there when were 1-15 and will be there again this year no matter how good or bad we do. I will be rooting for the Panthers no matter what. And I surely hope we do well and the young players step up. I just am not drinking the koolaid and am evaluating things based on the present. I may feel differently by the time preseason rolls around. This isn't a capitulation just an analysis of the current situation and what I think is happening so far. My opinion is that we went too far with all the cuts and damaged the morale and chemistry of the team. Whether we build it back remains to be seen.

Vets are let go. Come on man your a football fan you know it is a business right? LT was let go by the Chargers. Drew Brees too. Bret got his walking papers. Bledsoe was replaced. Entire olines and defenses have been revamped before. Give it up.