• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Worried about morale this season....

its going to have to be those guys on the team that have to work that stuff out. They have two choices....step up or get stepped on.

Whether they like it or not...they have a years worth of football to play. If they can't suck it up and deal with the hand that was dealt them this year then they need to get booted off the team themselves. Winners don't whine.

If they have low morale this year its their own fault. They may not have gotten themselves into this situation but what they do from here out is up to them. Are they going to pull their crap together or just be bitter little bitches? I'm hoping that they choose to man up and win.

well said

who said all was lost? I have said in numerous threads that we are only in the beginning of the free agent period and still have the draft so we can surely improve. If i thought all was lost i would have my psls up for sale which i don't. I was there when were 1-15 and will be there again this year no matter how good or bad we do. I will be rooting for the panthers no matter what. And i surely hope we do well and the young players step up. I just am not drinking the koolaid and am evaluating things based on the present. I may feel differently by the time preseason rolls around. This isn't a capitulation just an analysis of the current situation and what i think is happening so far. My opinion is that we went too far with all the cuts and damaged the morale and chemistry of the team. Whether we build it back remains to be seen.

another well said

its going to have to be those guys on the team that have to work that stuff out. they have two choices....step up or get stepped on.

whether they like it or not...they have a years worth of football to play. if they can't suck it up and deal with the hand that was dealt them this year then they need to get booted off the team themselves. winners don't whine.

if they have low morale this year its their own fault. they may not have gotten themselves into this situation but what they do from here out is up to them. are they going to pull their crap together or just be bitter little bitches? i'm hoping that they choose to man up and win.

Then Richardson better be glad he has Fox at the helm. One of his best coaching jobs ever was in 2004 when due to all the injuries he took a bunch of backups and turned them into a team that went from 1-7 to 7-9 by finishing 6-2. Fox's message from day 1 will be that no one is going to save you. Everyone has to step up.

Vets are let go. Come on man your a football fan you know it is a business right? LT was let go by the Chargers. Drew Brees too. Bret got his walking papers. Bledsoe was replaced. Entire olines and defenses have been revamped before. Give it up.

all at 1 time, come on.

YES. Reloading and rebuilding look eerily similar in front of you but in the rear view the difference is clear. Their have been teams that have lost several (key in the eyes of fans) components and NOT missed a beat.

Not a contender huh? And Hooverfan says he is concerned that the season is a WASH!!! Dang yall change your tampons. Seriously, team after team makes similar moves. We draft well, we have a core of players, we MIGHT have a young franchise QB. Whatever. I give we are gonna suck next year. Happy now or do you need some chocolate and a Pamprin.

You must be new. First of all most teams don't make these kind of moves. The only one who has this year is Washington and they readily admitted that they were going to right the wrongs of the past and start over. We do draft well but few of our guys outside of the first round have come in and started without numerous growng pains. We don't have a first or fifth round pick leaving us only 5.

And as far as the juvenile remarks when you don't have anything else intelligent to say, congratulations, you will fit right in here.:thumbsup:

With Foxy as the football brain...getting a starting job with the Panthers was like getting tenure.

So things have changed. It is a shock to the system of everyone [players] who had been comfortable, and sad for those of us who felt fan affection for players. Tough decisions are hard, in part, because they are not popular.

When players leave for a bigger contract....they say , "It is just business." Well, it works both ways.

I say the players need to man up....and watch out because some young upstart wants your job and now knows he can have it if he earns it.

oh look ladypanther has a bigger sack than most of the men on this board.

YES. Reloading and rebuilding look eerily similar in front of you but in the rear view the difference is clear. Their have been teams that have lost several (key in the eyes of fans) components and NOT missed a beat.

And there are many more we started off losing, lost their confidence due to a lack of veteran leadership and tanked by mailing the season in. Kansas City comes to mind right off the bat.

oh look ladypanther has a bigger sack than most of the men on this board.

Why is that surprising. In almost every fight I have ever been in, my girlfriend at the time was right there telling all of them that she would fight until every drop of my blood was gone.

Then Richardson better be glad he has Fox at the helm. One of his best coaching jobs ever was in 2004 when due to all the injuries he took a bunch of backups and turned them into a team that went from 1-7 to 7-9 by finishing 6-2. Fox's message from day 1 will be that no one is going to save you. Everyone has to step up.
that was his message on day one but i think he backed off on that. he used to be a lot more hard core when he first got here but then he got complacent. did success come too early? don't know. probably.

he needs to go back to square one and right now he's being forced into it.

people have always said that he is better at (re)building than maintaining and that his best next stop if someone were to hire him would be a struggling program looking for a rebuild.

i wish i could find those first comments that he made to the locker room because they sure would be appropriate for his first meeting with the team this year. good thing is there are only a couple there who were part of that team so he could recycle old speeches.

good things can come from this and until proven otherwise i'm going to believe that they are going to. benefits might be hard to see this year but down the road this team will be in much better shape than many others.

these young players have a chance now to prove themselves in a way that few do. rather than having to fight for their chance to shine they are now having their chance forced onto them. no more playing games. no more waiting around. its time they showed this team and league what they got. they want respect? nows there time to get it. i just can't see people loving this opportunity.

that was his message on day one but i think he backed off on that. he used to be a lot more hard core when he first got here but then he got complacent. did success come too early? don't know. probably.

he needs to go back to square one and right now he's being forced into it.

people have always said that he is better at (re)building than maintaining and that his best next stop if someone were to hire him would be a struggling program looking for a rebuild.

i wish i could find those first comments that he made to the locker room because they sure would be appropriate for his first meeting with the team this year. good thing is there are only a couple there who were part of that team so he could recycle old speeches.

good things can come from this and until proven otherwise i'm going to believe that they are going to. benefits might be hard to see this year but down the road this team will be in much better shape than many others.

these young players have a chance now to prove themselves in a way that few do. rather than having to fight for their chance to shine they are now having their chance forced onto them. no more playing games. no more waiting around. its time they showed this team and league what they got. they want respect? nows there time to get it. i just can't see people loving this opportunity.

You might be right, I certinly hope you are. But I wonder if there was another way to engender a feeling of "having our backs against the wall" than self inflicting all of these losses.

You might be right, I certinly hope you are. But I wonder if there was another way to engender a feeling of "having our backs against the wall" than self inflicting all of these losses.

call him a lame duck, but how do you lose a job if you are noy calling the shots? He just has to motivate the players and make them believe in what they have to work with.

those feelings are the by product of their goal to build for the future. that is the lemon they were handed. now they have to make a lemon smoothie with it. doesn't matter what feelings have to be stirred within them to make it as long as they do. this is where fox is going to show just how good of a coach he can be. this is also these players chance to shine.

the team is going to be rebuilding or reloading or whatever you want to call it with or without them. if they want to be be among the group that this team (or any team) is built then they have to show it this year.

those feelings are the by product of their goal to build for the future. that is the lemon they were handed. now they have to make a lemon smoothie with it.

I wonder if guys like Smitty will be happy to build for 2012 or later. I expect that he wants to win now. Up until this year I thought Richardson felt the same way.

I am a bit worried about the tensions between the players and the front office this season. If players see these moves as simply preparations for a lockout (true or untrue), they may and will resent it. How hard will a player play for a boss who is sticking it to them? Not very.

Do you feel damage control needs to happen at some point this offseason? Publicly or in the film room?

Conversely there will be a lot of players on this roster, some who aren't even here yet who will be extremely excited with the opportunity to start in the NFL or contribute in a big way as a reserve. Every day every player competes for a starting job in the NFL and all that brings with it. No damage control needed only an arrow pointed where they want to go.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Carolina-Chuck10

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts