• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:37 PM

That probably would have been the case if JR hadnt stepped in and said NO!

If that's true, then great job JR!

#17 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,423 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:44 PM

The team trimmed the fat. I liked all the moves except Brayton and Hoover. If there is ever a year for people like Johnson and Brown to step up its this one. Even some role players that did well in the past like Taylor will get another shot to see if they can make a name for themselves. Also its gonna be up to Players like Beason and Harris to step up and be leaders.

#18 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,598 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:48 PM

face it guys, this team was on a downward slope overall anyway carrying all these guys instead of cutting them.

It's for the best. We've still got a draft and a poo load of free agency left to fill the cracks.

#19 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,405 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:56 PM

Window has been slammed shut, I'm normally an optimist, but I'm trying reality for a change and the season doesn't look promising.

#20 guyinchesapeake

guyinchesapeake

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:44 PM

I don't know that this team is now less talented. We have a superb running game (and contrary to what some believe, a good, viable running game is still as good of a key to success as a good passing game is), we have a defense that improved considerably as last season wore on, despite major injuries, and we have a QB now who just may have the abilities Jake didn't bring to the table (better fundamentals, looking off of receivers). We lost just as many games last year because of horrid special teams play as we did other factors. Pep is a big loss, but Pep wasn't a pillar of consistency, even in his best years.

If we get some WR help, and address the ST concerns, we have potential to accomplish a lot. Our schedule is not as tough as last year's (I know that you can't always go on the previous year's record for any team nowdays, but OUR schedule last year lived up to it's billing for how tough it was). I think we may have a better passing game just because Moore is so much better fundamentally than Jake ever was.

#21 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,910 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:46 PM

The window has closed on the core of the team that took us to the SB in 2003, but we've done a good job of building another young core of players, so another window is opening.

#22 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:49 PM

The window has closed on the core of the team that took us to the SB in 2003, but we've done a good job of building another young core of players, so another window is opening.

exactly.

#23 mountainpantherfan

mountainpantherfan

In Honor of Sam Mills

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:06 AM

The window shut in January of 2009 IMO. If it didn't, yes, it has now.

But let's not so quickly forget how quickly that window opened in the first place. The 2003 team never was suppose to get to the SuperBowl in the first place. A teams window really isn't dictated by the play on the field as much as it is on they ability of the team to draft. At least that is what Polian says.

#24 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,490 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:13 AM

Every year since Jake took the reins and we had players like Peppers and Hoover I felt that this team had a legit opportunity to finally winning it all and that they were on the cusp of being elite. Now with the absence of veteran leadership and the players that made this team reach two NFC Championship games in 6 years, has our window/run closed and if so do the Panthers rank as a disappointing team of this decade since they were primed to win at least one Superbowl under the Delhomme era.

The window on 2003 closed during 2008. Think of it as a team wide Deshaun Foster in favor of Deangelo Williams. A lot of players are going to get to show what they're made of this year, hopefully with results similar to #34 two years ago. Better late than never, it's time to move on.

#25 The Other Colbert

The Other Colbert

new

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:14 AM

The window shut in January of 2009 IMO. If it didn't, yes, it has now.

But let's not so quickly forget how quickly that window opened in the first place. The 2003 team never was suppose to get to the SuperBowl in the first place. A teams window really isn't dictated by the play on the field as much as it is on they ability of the team to draft. At least that is what Polian says.

this.

#26 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,795 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:22 AM

Just paint it green.

#27 pantherfan81

pantherfan81

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:29 AM

Posted Image

We're about here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.