• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 beasonfanclub

beasonfanclub

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:05 PM

hard to believe the line is -9 1/2 and 48 .... the total i can understand but us by 10??? all i can say is go eagles ----- let's have the nfc championship here and really have some fun!!!

#2 Blade

Blade

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:22 PM

That's just silly. We barely won last time at home.

#3 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:05 PM

I'm fuging nervous, but I think we can handle that spread. But definitely surprised.

#4 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,278 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:06 PM

we have improved since the last time we met them.

#5 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,457 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:11 PM

I expect this game to go alot like denver. It will be close in the first half but in the second half we should wear them down with our running game. Hopefully we don't fall into a hole like the first time so we don't have to make such a big comeback.

#6 SnarkAttack

SnarkAttack

Master of Disaster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:20 PM

I fear Vegas will lose a lot of money if that line remains static...

#7 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,716 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:28 AM

So have they.

That spread is way too high. I don't buy for a moment that the cardinals will be a pushover or this game will be a blowout.

I expect a very tough game, one I hope the Panthers win.

#8 BigRedSea1998

BigRedSea1998

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:42 AM

And so have the Cardinals. I think it will be a close game all the way through and hope is that the Cardinals pull it out in the end.

Everyone knows how hard it is to beat any NFL team twice in the season. Last time the Cardinals relied on the pass heavily and really only went to the ground during red zone situations. Look for the Cards to keep your defense true which will give our recievers a little more space downfield. The Cardinals defense has stepped it up these last two game and are really finishing tackles unlike 10 weeks ago. They will also force turnovers which should make for an interesting game.
The Cardinals are also extremely motivated and coming into this game with a little bit of momentum. Especially with that 10 pt spread that Vegas has we still feel like we aren't getting any respect. They know that if they win and get some help from Philly over the G-Man they will be headed back to the desert for the NFC Championship Game. It's do or die and they will play that way.

Final Prediction: 27-26 Cards

#9 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:52 AM

The Cards have not improved since playing us. They had not 1, not 2, not 3, BUT 4 EMBARRASSING LOSSES To Philly, New England, Giants, & Minnesota at their own house out of all people. Must have forgot about that

I give credit to winning against Falcons. But only difference is actually trying to establish a run

#10 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,716 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 05 January 2009 - 02:33 AM

The Cards have not improved since playing us. They had not 1, not 2, not 3, BUT 4 EMBARRASSING LOSSES To Philly, New England, Giants, & Minnesota at their own house out of all people. Must have forgot about that

I give credit to winning against Falcons. But only difference is actually trying to establish a run

I don't get how that performance doesn't qualify as improvement.

Yeah they played badly when the playoffs were locked up and nothing was really on the line (bad coaching there) but those conditions no longer apply.

#11 Section 505

Section 505

LadyCats Liason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:25 AM

Like someone else here said, Panthers are 8-0 at home, Cardinals are 0-5 on the road against non-NFC West teams.

I'm not scared of anybody at home.

#12 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • 3,795 posts
  • LocationRock Hill SC

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:04 AM

I still wouldn't bet on this game....I mean 10 points??!

#13 Bama Panther

Bama Panther

USAF JAG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:18 AM

I don't get how that performance doesn't qualify as improvement.

Yeah they played badly when the playoffs were locked up and nothing was really on the line (bad coaching there) but those conditions no longer apply.

Actually something was on the line. They still had a chance of getting a higher seed. You don't mail it in when there is still a chance. You only do that when there is not one.

#14 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,716 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:57 AM

Actually something was on the line. They still had a chance of getting a higher seed. You don't mail it in when there is still a chance. You only do that when there is not one.

They couldn't have risen higher than number three, and there's no practical difference between the third and fourth seeds. Both have to play in the wild card round at home. The only difference is who you match up against.

I agree you shouldn't mail it in, but I think you'd have to say they did. To me, that's on the coaches.

#15 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:07 PM

They have not improved in my opinion. They beat Atlanta. A team that has poor DB's because they ran the ball about twice as much as any other game they have played all year and Atlanta's key to defending the pass, Abraham, got mauled on an off day.

They are a good team and they do indeed have a chance against anybody in the league with that O. I strongly disagree with any notion that they have shown improvement since they played us however. After all they played damn near perfect against us and if you take into consideration what they have done collectively since that day, using the word "improvement" is reaching...a BUNCH.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.