Photo
- - - - -

Ok, doom-and-gloomers, break it down for me! :)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
106 replies to this topic

#1 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,676 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:52 AM

If you really think our season is being thrown away, and that the team won't improve, can you explain yourself unit by unit?

On offense, will Moore, Fiametta, WR #2 (to be named later), and Bernadeau be worse than Jake, Hoover, Moose, and Vincent? Or will they be better?

On defense, what impact will the loss of our defensive line have on the units behind them? And how much worse will Johnson, Brown, Leonard, and whoever be than Peppers, Brayton, Lewis, and Thomas? Will it show up in the run defense?

On Special Teams, please tell me (without laughing), how we'll be worse without Crossman in charge. Predict what the impact of getting guys who are great at special teams (we're already signing them) will be versus losing a guy who just kicked off. And please recognize that we may not be done yet.

BTW, do you think the competition of the NFC West and AFC North will be better or worse than the NFC East and AFC East?

#2 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,566 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:54 AM

And how much worse will Johnson, Brown, Leonard, and whoever be than Peppers, Brayton, Lewis, and Thomas?

This is a serious question?

#3 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,676 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:56 AM

This is a serious question?

Yeah. There's no question they won't be as good, but what do you think the real impact there will be? The 2009 unit wasn't anything special at all, was it?

#4 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,676 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:58 AM

How about this--we gave up 19.1 points per game in 2009. With the lousy DL that we're about to field, what do you see that number rising to?

And we scored 19.7 points per game. Will that stay the same or will it go up? What do you think?

#5 carolinanimal

carolinanimal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:58 AM

who said that we are tanking the season on purpose?

#6 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:01 AM

If you really think our season is being thrown away, and that the team won't improve, can you explain yourself unit by unit?

On offense, will Moore, Fiametta, WR #2 (to be named later), and Bernadeau be worse than Jake, Hoover, Moose, and Vincent? Or will they be better?

On defense, what impact will the loss of our defensive line have on the units behind them? And how much worse will Johnson, Brown, Leonard, and whoever be than Peppers, Brayton, Lewis, and Thomas? Will it show up in the run defense?

On Special Teams, please tell me (without laughing), how we'll be worse without Crossman in charge. Predict what the impact of getting guys who are great at special teams (we're already signing them) will be versus losing a guy who just kicked off. And please recognize that we may not be done yet.

BTW, do you think the competition of the NFC West and AFC North will be better or worse than the NFC East and AFC East?

-Moore at best will be the 2003-2005 caliber Delhomme (which is a good thing!!! Hoover was one of the top 2 old school blocking FBs in the NFL the past 2 years. There is a reason Double Trouble has claimed he should have gone to the Pro Bowl each. Tony will not be Hoover in 2010. We have no #2 WR. Odds to not favor a rookie being as good as Moose in 2010 nor Jarrett. Overall - I think this group is a push. About the same as the 2008 offense and post Jake of 2009.

-D - worst DL in the NFL right now. They will downgrade the LBs. The strength of the secondary is not coverage. You can't say Harris, Godfrey or Marshall's strength is coverage. They will be down right bad w/ a horrific DL......see 2008. Only thing is the 2008 DL was much better than what is projected in 2010.

ST - got no guess.

The D will put too much on the offense......which will cause to offense to suffer w/ too big of a role needed.

#7 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,566 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:02 AM

The best way to put this season is winning would be a happy byproduct.

#8 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,676 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:05 AM

So our points per game should go up to the 25 range, right?

I don't get where you downgrade the LBs--we get Davis back and Diggs was good but nothing special at all. In the secondary we finally have good coverage, where we used to struggle with it. I don't get where you say we don't. The only unit that's being downgraded is the line. So how much more do we surrender as a result? Only five teams in the league gave up more than 25 points per game last year, and they had nothing close to our secondary or linebackers.

#9 carolinanimal

carolinanimal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:05 AM

The best way to put this season is winning would be a happy byproduct.

that is awesome way to describe it
*goes to get copyright and make tshirts*:leaving:

#10 GreatPoupon

GreatPoupon

pardon me

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:09 AM

losing peppers, brayton and lewis will hurt.

#11 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,676 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:17 AM

http://www.carolinah...=1&d=1268406987

Attached Files

#12 1989

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:22 AM

you guys have to realize we have JUST gotten into free agency and have not even had the draft yet... this team is no where near what its going to look like in the first game of the regular season. For the most part, every cut that the Panthers have made have been necessary.

#13 KARASMATIC444

KARASMATIC444

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:25 AM

So our points per game should go up to the 25 range, right?

I don't get where you downgrade the LBs--we get Davis back and Diggs was good but nothing special at all. In the secondary we finally have good coverage, where we used to struggle with it. I don't get where you say we don't. The only unit that's being downgraded is the line. So how much more do we surrender as a result? Only five teams in the league gave up more than 25 points per game last year, and they had nothing close to our secondary or linebackers.

if that is true, that is a good point for you argument. but how many of those defenses had winning seasons?

#14 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:26 AM

...I'm ok with all the decisions the FO has made and think we will be a better team... we got rid of the 2 bodies that cost us the most last year and the year before. Do wish they would have kept Braton and Lewis but im not cryin. We still have a huge upside on player personell and talent... give them a chance with desent play calling.... Once Fox is gone the transformation will be complete...

#15 godscowboy68

godscowboy68

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:28 AM

Call me stupid (not really 'cause that'll offend me) but I see flashes from Charles Johnson. For me its almost the same kind of flashes I saw from the late great Mike Rucker. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Rucker didn't start for awhile because we had White, J.Williams, J.Peters, and rag tag of underachieveres, but showed moments when he played where everyone questioned "Why is this guy not on the field more?" I see the same with Charles Johnson, kid is scary good just hasn't got much PT. Give the kid a shot!

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com