Photo
- - - - -

Ok, doom-and-gloomers, break it down for me! :)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
106 replies to this topic

#106 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

SUPPORTER

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:55 AM

I actually liked what I saw from Irvin in the preseason, especially considering how "raw" he was supposed to be coming out of college.

He's no Damione Lewis though!!!!!!11!!1

I actually think, based how we seemingly want to save money at all costs, (and assuming that the front office believes there will likely be a lockout in 2011.) that we'll trade next year's first again to get another early second and a fourth or fifth.

#107 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 March 2010 - 09:10 AM

Actually the consistent comment was mentioned by Harris in his blog not me. You think he was wrong? Plus part of consistency is staying healthy which he did more than Davis for example last year.

Being a captain doesn't mean that you are the only guy who is a leader. Again go back to Harris blog and he points out who will be missed and who provided leadership. He doesn't mention everyone but certainly points out the losses which he thinks will be larger than you do. But what does he know???

The chemistry we built at the emd had us winning 4 out of the last 5 and going from 4-7 to 8-8. A lot more positive than you describe. The chemistry from 2008 to 2009 was largely the same as we returned 21 of 22 starters. The difference was largely Jake's poor performance and a new defensive scheme. That chemistry could have been preserved instead of ripped to shreds. Yeah I know that chemistry changes every year but units that work together over tie develop a chemistry which doesn't go away over the offseason.

Big improvement on the 2009 unit???? Must be drinking the koolaid early this morning. We will be very lucky to approach the success we had last year on defense let alone be a big improvement.

Big Improvement???? Sure you don't want to buy some prime waterfront property I have. Ignore that other folks call it a swamp. We prefer to call it lowcountry. HA HA HA HA

You're right, we'll be lucky if we consistently play defense as well as we did late in the year. I think there's a good chance that we can play better than we did early in the year though, that was pretty bad if you recall.

And I think that the offense will be much better. I think you believe that too. I also think that special teams will improve as they add talent there and get a competent coordinator.

There are three parts of the team, right? We've regressed somewhat in one, but the other two are getting better. And I think they'll be getting better enough to attain a winning record.

If you solely focus on defense then there's cause for alarm. But when you look at the team as a whole, there's still a lot of room for optimism.

BTW, I think Chris Harris is great, and is a hell of a nice guy. I have yet to find a player he doesn't have something nice to say about. If you are going to give him credibility on Diggs, will you give him the same where Jake's concerned? :)