Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pstall

What do you like/dislike about the most current Health Care proposal?

122 posts in this topic

So I think I can sum up by saying those opposing have no idea why they oppose it other than its "gubment run helfcare" which it isn't.

We deserve whats coming in the next decade.

More like that YOU think you deserve another subsidy and entitlement.

I deserve to keep some of my hard earned money. I pay enough taxes.

Obama and clan are determined to re-distribute wealth...it is as plain and simple as that.

More like that YOU think you deserve another subsidy and entitlement.

I deserve to keep some of my hard earned money. I pay enough taxes.

Obama and clan are determined to re-distribute wealth...it is as plain and simple as that.

I own my own business and pay my own health care. I depend on no one.

You?

I own my own business and pay my own health care. I depend on no one.

You?

Do you qualify for various tax deductions and write offs and depreciation of equipment?

Wouldn't opening up competition, tort reform, and some minor gov influence lower healthcare than what we have now?

Isn't medicare a gov healthplan ? (honest question)

Wouldn't opening up competition, tort reform, and some minor gov influence lower healthcare than what we have now?

Congrats, you just described what the final bill will be, minus the tort reform which I fully support.

1 person likes this

Congrats, you just described what the final bill will be, minus the tort reform which I fully support.

I honestly stopped trying to keep up with it. I will wait to someone else agrees with what you posted because you are a sneaky hippy.

Did the public option die yet ?

Yes, its dead. The pres has backed off it and the senate has said they will not pursue it, votes just are not there.

Correct that medicare is a gov healthplan. Technically we already have universal health care it's just very expensive because of folks going to an emergency room and then that costs gets absorbed by others.

So on one hand, that refutes the myth about people not having access or equal access to health care.

The CBO claims to project out savings. That was hailed a few weeks ago by some that are only for reform without understanding costs. So I asked who here can project how much they are going to save in the future? If you can't even do it as an individual how in the wide world of sports can you do it for this? You CAN'T.

money that would be saved by capping malpractice suits is roughly equal to the amount of money that malpractice costs the system currently. in other words, tort reform wouldn't lower the cost of healthcare any significant amount, it would just be transferring the cost from doctor to patient, and would serve only to protect doctors who are overprescribing and contributing to one of the top causes of death in the country.

Yes, its dead. The pres has backed off it and the senate has said they will not pursue it, votes just are not there.

So basically it's a 1000 pages of gibberish that we wont know the full scope of until it's passed ?

I need a dumbasses edition......*wanders off to watch FOX and MSNBC at the same time*

2000 pages

money that would be saved by capping malpractice suits is roughly equal to the amount of money that malpractice costs the system currently. in other words, tort reform wouldn't lower the cost of healthcare any significant amount, it would just be transferring the cost from doctor to patient, and would serve only to protect doctors who are overprescribing and contributing to one of the top causes of death in the country.

I think over testing moreso than presribing. The medicine piece would be much lower than all the various tests run.