62 replies to this topic

#46 Carolina Mike

Carolina Mike

It's a Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:27 AM

He is talking about the state governments. You know that, right?

Yes I'm aware.....each State Government still has Legislative, Executive or Judicial Official right?

#47 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:49 AM

but i thought leaving everything up to the states was the ultimate solution to our problems?

Easy Tex.

Not all of us weirdo libertarians are radical states rights types.

Some of us consider all gubmint to be inherently stupid. :D

#48 PanthersFanNY

PanthersFanNY

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:50 AM

Just making sure. Most of the hate on here is directed towards the federal government. People rarely complain about state gov's having too much power around here.

I don't know how it is down in the Carolinas, but up here NYS is a beast when it comes to unpaid taxes. They're incredibly aggresive and have no problems putting chains on the doors of any business that owes them money.

#49 Carolina Mike

Carolina Mike

It's a Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:57 AM

I was in NY for a short period of time. I got a letter in the Mail from NY State telling me I owed NY Tax money...LMAO. I was dumbfounded! I'm still fighting with them to get the "Final Resolution" paper work sent to me seeing how I'm a NC resident and yes paid all my NC taxes.

#50 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,135 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:06 AM

Thats just NY's version of the good ol Southern Speed Trap. Ya'll come back now ya hear?

#51 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:26 AM

Just making sure. Most of the hate on here is directed towards the federal government. People rarely complain about state gov's having too much power around here.

I don't know how it is down in the Carolinas, but up here NYS is a beast when it comes to unpaid taxes. They're incredibly aggresive and have no problems putting chains on the doors of any business that owes them money.

I can't speak for others, but to me, any "hate" is more disillusionment from our rather rapid departure from the bottom-up concept to a top-down sytem of "rule".

To put it another way, the Bill of Rights and assorted other documents did not, as an example, spell out the rights given to us by the government, but rather gave us built-in safeguards from what the gubmint could take from us, these selfsame rights.

The overall focus has gone astray. The government is no longer a concept of by the people and for the people but rather a monstrosity that rules rather than does our bidding.

At least as a concept. :D

For me personally, its form, be it State, Federal, Local, whatever is meaningless. At this point it still represents too much and excess.

The pointy tip of the spear of this excess and overspending is, well, your institution. So as much as I enjoy my roads, military protection, etc. those lovely things come with a whole lot more.

I don't remember ever personally attacking you, in fact I'm quite sure I didn't since I tend to avoid internet toughguy garbage. But I'm sure you have been to parties and have mentioned who you work for and have had more than a few eyebrows raise, right?

So a normal social eyebrow raise, translated to the internet, becomes, well, the crap you have clearly had to put up with.

Sorry, but you can hardly be surprised.

I'm just happy I haven't had anyone PM me a picture of their choppers yet.
*shudders*
I might leave.

No, I probably wouldn't.:P

#52 PanthersFanNY

PanthersFanNY

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:55 AM

I was under no disillusionment when I started working for the IRS. Tax collectors aren't the most popular people out there and I know that. There are a lot of stories out there about how the IRS is evil, corrupt, will take everything you own without warning, etc, that perpetuate the negativity towards the IRS. While most of these stories aren't true, people still believe it because the IRS has been the boogeyman of the government for so long (I'm looking at you venom and chucktown). People refuse to believe that the IRS can be friendly because of people like Ron Paul and Aaron Russo that spread misinformation to mentally vulnerable people. It's unfortunate, but I understand.

And in person, I've never really had anybody get pissy with me because I work for the IRS, surprisingly. I've been razzed by friends and family, of course, but nothing big. Usually, though, I just say I'm an investigator for the treasury department and that is usually good enough.

#53 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:05 AM

A smart guy like you could find another job once we go to a flat tax, right? ;)

I wouldn't imagine anybody would get "pissy" with you over your job. Most likely just, as I stated, an eyebrow raise. It isn't wise to anger the "tax man"/boogeyman. :D

#54 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:47 PM

I was under no disillusionment when I started working for the IRS. Tax collectors aren't the most popular people out there and I know that. There are a lot of stories out there about how the IRS is evil, corrupt, will take everything you own without warning, etc, that perpetuate the negativity towards the IRS. While most of these stories aren't true, people still believe it because the IRS has been the boogeyman of the government for so long (I'm looking at you venom and chucktown). People refuse to believe that the IRS can be friendly because of people like Ron Paul and Aaron Russo that spread misinformation to mentally vulnerable people. It's unfortunate, but I understand.

And in person, I've never really had anybody get pissy with me because I work for the IRS, surprisingly. I've been razzed by friends and family, of course, but nothing big. Usually, though, I just say I'm an investigator for the treasury department and that is usually good enough.

they sure do have you by the balls.

"mentally vulnerable people" LOL.

#55 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,135 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:51 PM

Hows the cave living going venom?

#56 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:58 PM

Hows the cave living going venom?

going well...about to upgrade actually. sold the cave a couple weeks ago and just bought a new one with cable/internet capabilities, which means i can retire the metal clothes hanger i used to use to pick up the signal to alex jones' radio program. oh yea and it also has a custom skylight which is nice. you should drop by sometime...already extended an invite to chucktown.

#57 PanthersFanNY

PanthersFanNY

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:37 PM

they sure do have you by the balls.

"mentally vulnerable people" LOL.

And I rest my case.

#58 PanthersFanNY

PanthersFanNY

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:38 PM

A smart guy like you could find another job once we go to a flat tax, right? ;)

39th best place to start a career.

http://www.businessw...38/b4001601.htm

Edit: Though I'll probably never make doctor/dentist money haha.

#59 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:17 AM

going well...about to upgrade actually. sold the cave a couple weeks ago and just bought a new one with cable/internet capabilities, which means i can retire the metal clothes hanger i used to use to pick up the signal to alex jones' radio program. oh yea and it also has a custom skylight which is nice. you should drop by sometime...already extended an invite to chucktown.

Saweet. I'll bring some toys! Inbound and hot!

Here's the schedule:
Monday - Chillin' Posted Image

Tuesday - Talkin' shop Posted Image

Wednesday - Party Time Posted Image

Thursday - Gubmit Talk Posted ImagePosted Image

Friday - Talk Trash on the net Posted Image

Saturday - Mo Chillin' :sifone:

Sunday - Mo Plinkn' Posted Image

#60 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER